Getting an Attachment Of Earnings

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4218 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I work for a company that has a debtor owing £4,364.86. We have a Judgment against him, a warrant of execution and the baliffs have been out (although about 12 months ago). We have also issued a "Order to attend questioning" - which has been completed.

The question l ask is what would l get if l paid and completed an "Attachement Of Earnings" form to get him to pay monthly direct to us from his wages.

He currently "states" he earns £200.00 per week. I know the cost of getting this done is £100.00 but l am happy to pay that if the guy ends up paying (for example) £15.00 a week.

Any advice is helpful.

If you apply for an AOE the court will send a form to him which he has to fill in his incomings and outgoings. The court will then determine what he can afford to pay - it could be as little as £5 or £10 per month - albeit you will be guaranteed to get the payment as his employer cannot ignore the court order.

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Sorry about this, I saw this thread when the OP posted, and meant to respond, but I forgot. Ell-enn is almost 100% correct. The only problem is you need to know who his employer is, and if he is self-employed, then it is probably problematic to get the money out of him.

An AoE is only good where he's employed by a reliable employer.

Whilst technically the employer must follow the AoE, enforcing that on the employer is complicated - in my experience.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:!: All the information I impart is my advice based on my experience. It does not constitute professional advice. If in doubt, always consult with a professional. :!:

:-) If you feel my post has been helpful, please click my scales. :-)