• Tweets

• receiving a default NOTICE (forget simple default cal markers) does not mean it will get sold on... OC's very very rarely do court themselves.  if it does you would receive a Notice of Assignment from the debt buyer/DCA.  as for reduced payment if it remains with the OC and they issue a DN, no harm in trying but lets get all your ducks inline first. dx  
    • okay thanks do you know how long it will take for it to get to the DCA or could the OC try and issue a CCJ? even though it's unlikely also for example would the OC agree to a reduction and a small payment over a super lengthy period of time if agreed? Rather than go through chasing apologies again for all the questions, just trying to understand all the possible scenarios.  
    • Currently - "the maximum daily price at 100p / kWh for electricity and 30p / kWh for gas – keep in mind that's a lot higher than the Ofgem Energy Price Cap, so if you can't afford prices to increase further, you're probably better off sticking with a protected tariff such as Flexible Octopus." Octopus Tracker is a product of our labs, available now to customers through our beta programme. Octopus Tracker is a beta product. Some things may not work the first time, and installations and processes may take longer than we'd like. Third party tech like In-home Displays won't always work, and on occasion data issues with smart meters can take significant time to fix or prevent things from working at all.   Copied straight from octopus   Feel free to shove it somewhere else    
    • depends what the fees are, typically nothing can be added once judgement is passed bar litigation costs. on document retention time limits etc at least 6yrs previous must be held though many hold complete info. as for acronyms and abbreviations ideally yes they should     
    • Still have to submit a statement either system....if they fail they can only give verbal because they failed to file and serve.
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

CG vs Citi Cards

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6388 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I had an account with the Associates credit card which is now part of Citi Group UK. There a number of charges for cash advance handline some as much as £52 can I claim these back as they are not interest and surrely it does not cost them this much to process cash. On example is a fee of £17.50 for an advance of £250 and they still charged me interest on this.

Please help

Thanks

First Direct - Settled in full :eek:

Lloyds TSB - AQ completed Central London CC :confused:

RBS - Settled in full :p

Morgan Stanley - Settled in full :lol:

Capital One - Settled in full ;-)

Citi Cards - Transfered to Mercantile Court 19/10/06

Nationwide - Settled in full 8)

Capital One Acct 2 - Prelim letter

• 3 weeks later...

The 14 days of the LBA for Citi Cards expired today. I called and spoke to the person who was dealing with my claim and was given the usual speel about charges being fair but that they would refund the difference between charge and £12.

I have also asked for a number of charges titled "Cash Advance Handing Fees" to be refunded or at least explained as there appears to be no corrolation between cash taken and charges.

I was told these would not be considered and that there was no appeal and the next step was court.

Sorry question - if I include the above Cash Advance Handling fees what do I put on my particulars and will that jeapordise all of my claim or just some of it as I am assuming they won't take me as far as court for £900.

PLease any help appereciated as I want to claim for all but do not want to have my whole claim struck out for a mistake

Thank you

Whilst I accept it is a service if they cannot identify the % or the transactions which it relates to can I not try and claim it back. Also if I include it as part of my claim throught the courts for penalty charges is that likely to get my whole claim thrown out?

Do you know which threads so that I can check, I am keen to make a stand but not if it is clear that I am on a hiding to nothing and will lose more if I do.

Received letter from Brian Smith, Solicitor, pp signature and funnily enough on CIti headed paper say in read OFT again will defend, transfer to Salford blah blah blah. Well I have now issued MCOL claim for all charges so we will see. Having read other threads think they will try and defend so this one could take a while.

Has anyone been successful with court action against Citi?

Yes people have won, but they use intimidation, delaying tactics, cloaking you name it.

i am at the LBA stage my account is actually £25 in credit, they owe me £775 in unlawful charges, i am very confident.

Do a search on citicard in this forum to see how these numptys work.

Regards

adamski

3 threads merged - Please stick to this thread for further updates on your claim

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

• 2 weeks later...

I have issued summons to these guys via MCOL and received notification that they intend to defend in full from a David Travis solicitor, this was after the obnoxious letter from Brian Smith so we will see how it goes, prepared for the long haul.

You'll be fine, keep reading as much as you can from the site from people in a similar situation.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

• 2 weeks later...

Have today received Citi's defence, seem pretty much standard. In point 4 they require me to prove my reference to common law and the 1999 UTCCR with specific case law, which is not too difficult. It is an interesting defence with some glaring legal flaws and fails to acurately answer some of the particulars of claim (are you reading this Mr Travis). Well be interested to see if they make a section 36 offer before the day in court. Has anyone had Citi pay up once court allocation has happened not just write off balance? Can you advise whether I should respond to this directly or just wait until I recieve my AQ?? Interstingly they are attempting to bar the charges made in 1999 based on the 1980 limitation act but I will argue section 32 with the Judge. Well we will see. Any advice gratefully accepted

If you wanted to reply to their defence, you would really need to do so in a letter to the Districy Judge. The AQ is not meant for that (to the best of my knowledge).

If they don't settle soon after the AQ, then I would be tempted at that point to respond to it.

Im getting ready for a court date with Citicards.

Does anyone fancy supporting me??

Any mods let me know what I need to do now to prepare??

Any feeling that I`ve helped you today- then add to my reputation and click those scales!

AQ completed and returned, case transfered to my local court which is Central London so that is even further for them to travel, however I have Dave Travis and he may fancy some time out in London well we will see.

Can any of the Mods tell me if I should also send a copy of the AQ to Citi as well??

It is considered good manners and generally speaking we would advise you to.

Thank you for this will put a copy in the post

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone, have not posted for ages as nothing has happenned. I do not want to say to much as I am sure prying eyes are watching, but my case has now been transferred to the Mercantile Court, Royal Courts of Justice. This will be very interesting. A number of cases were due to be heard on the 18th and they have all settled I believe so mine will be part of what I suspect will be a new batch if it is not heard on it's own. Mr Travis if you are reading please can you answer my letter requesting the allocation questionnaire and I look for ward to your response to this development.

Very interesting. Do you have a date yet?

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

No date yet, the judgement was dated the 19th of October and states "the matter to be transferred to the Mercantile Court, Royal Courts of Justice, to be referred to His Honour Judge Mackie QC". I have PM's Bankfodder for advice as what I should do and prepare next.

BF may not be around much for the next couple of days, but I am sure he will be very interested and will get back to you in good time. In the meantime, you might care to take a look at the court bundle in the bank templates library. I think that should be a good start. If you get as much preparation done as possible as soon as you can, you will be confident as the date approaches that you are ready to take them on in court, if it comes to it.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Thank you for this, I have already started my research. One of the items in the rules covering the Mercantile Court is the requirement for the claimaint to request a case management meeting within 14 days, should I be doing this or wait for Citi to

If you are the claimant it is up to you to do this.

Case management hearings are nothing to worry about. It is simply going through the preliminary issues which need to be sorted before the case proceeds to trial and will make it easier for you to focus on what issues are in contention.

All the best

Zoot

You are the claimant so it seems it is down to you. I don't have experience of this so if anyone wants to correct me feel free to jump in.