3 Mobile has sent my new hand set to wrong address and now asked me to wait until finish the investigation..

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5299 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This happend to me 5 days before. I upgraded my contract with new handset but they have sent it to a one of my previous address. When I contacted 3 customer services, their answer is that 'you need to wait until we finish our investigation on this issue and we are unable to issue your handset until we finish that investigation'. This is totally unacceptable and frustrating as a customer becouse it was not my fault but 3 mobile it self.

Yesterday I send the below email to [email protected] and CC to [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected] but no one has acknowledge me as yet.

Hi All,

My 3 Mobile Number: XXXXXXX

3 Mobile Account No: XXXXXXXX

Initial Contract Start Date : 01 MAY 2008

Initial Contract End Date : 01 NOV 2009

Initial Contract Duration : 18 months

Billing Address : XXXXXXXX, England.

Currently I am a 3 mobile customer and I have been with 3 mobile for 17 months until I contacted 3 mobile customer services department for my optional upgrade to a new contract with a new handset.

I have finalised my new upgrade with customer services on last 30th September 2009 and they promised me to deliver the hand set with next day delivery. Then I was impressed to see my new hand set and went back home following day after office but heard that nothing has delivered. My wife was at home all the day waiting for the delivery.

Finally around 7pm I contacted 3 mobile customer services for verification. I was surprised because customer service representative told me that they have successfully delivered the mobile phone to No 94, XXXXXXXXXXX address. Then he further said that they have actually delivered to No 92, XXXXXXXX, XXXX, address due to no one was available at No 94, address.

I clearly told them that my billing address and physically living address is No 21, xxxxxxxx and all 3 mobile correspondents are delivered to my said billing address.

For more information, I told him that my initial contract was started (1st May 2008) and handset was delivered to one of my previous address No. 44, xxxxxxxxx.

During last 18 months period I had to move 4 different addresses including that wrongly delivered address (94, xxxxxx) due to my job requirements. But always I have correctly changed my billing and all other correspondent address to my current address when I was moved.

I explained him (3 mobile customer services representative who explained me the situation from India) that it was not my fault but 3 mobile delivery system faults to send my new hand set to a different address. I questioned him that always when I contact the customer service they check my date of birth and post code before they start any conversation then how come you have delivered it to a different address?

He said they need to investigate the situation and until they get the handset back to them they can not send me a handset under new upgraded contract. I was furious and frustrated with that answer as it wasn’t my fault but 3 mobile it self.

I have argued about an hour but his answer has not changed. Then he transferred that call to another representative and he also given me the same answer with a tough tone saying that ‘If you need handset then you have to wait until our investigation finished.’ This is totally unacceptable I am so disappointed with 3 mobile customer service on this issue which is totally due to out of my control and due to 3 mobile internal itself.

Now it is over 96 hours (4 days) gone but no one has atleast contacted me over this issue to give any single word from 3 mobile end. I have been with 3 mobile for over 17 months but today I am totally frustrated and unhappy about 3 mobile customer service.

Thank you and kind regards,

Incompetence is allowed. Clearly you are not being inconvenienced, as an upgrade you existing handset and SIM will bw working as normal. I agree it is frustrating as you want to get your hands on the new toy - but nevertheless, the are awaiting the return of the handset from the courier and will send it on to your correct address. At least there is no issue of them saying you've been in receipt of it - if it IS lost, again it remains their problem, and they need to arrange a replacement.

Finally around 7pm I contacted 3 mobile customer services for verification. I was surprised because customer service representative told me that they have successfully delivered the mobile phone to No 94, XXXXXXXXXXX address. Then he further said that they have actually delivered to No 92, XXXXXXXX, XXXX, address due to no one was available at No 94, address.

But it can't be returned by the courier as he has already left it at No 92.

What number are you? 92...94...96?

They have to deliver the phone to you, and it would be reasonable for you to go to the suggested address and collect it, but if you cannotor it isn;t there, the onus returns to the network to provide you with the goods as ordered.

I clearly told them that my billing address and physically living address is No 21, xxxxxxxx and all 3 mobile correspondents are delivered to my said billing address.

I think its no. 21 of a totally different street & no. 94 was the old address & handset left at 92 cos no-one at home at no. 94

Hi all,

I just recived the below reply from Executive Office.......

But my question is why they can not satisfy the customer first and then do what ever investigate that they want as a internal matter??

Dear Mr Premaratne,

Ref: 8156963

Thank you for your recent communication, highlighting your concerns.

I would like to confirm that the Executive Office is currently investigating the issues you have raised and you will be contacted within 4 working days to discuss the results of their findings.

In this interim period, should you wish to comment further on the issues raised, please call the Executive Office on 08707 330 295, between 9am and 6.30pm, Monday to Friday.

Once again, thank you for bringing this matter to our attention and for your continued patience, during our ongoing investigations.

Yours sincerely

Keri King

Executive Office Administrator

Executive Office, 3

DIRECT LINE (+44) 08707 330 295

Great - it is their lookout then (silly craters). With high value kit, it is unlikely they'll pick and ship one off the shelf, as it most likely has already been customised with your details and SIM for it to be provisioned as soon as you confirm you have recieved it.

what is the possibility of canceling this new upgarade even they are conducting an investigation? If it is 14 days then is it count from contract start date (even i haven't recived my handset or any paper)??

Not with upgrades, unfortunately only a new contract. When you agree to an upgrade, you also agree to the extension (or imposition) of a new miinimum term, so the fact you've not recieved the phone does not invalidate this, and there is no cooling off period (or DSR protection).

Yes - if you REALLY want out, it might be useful to put the pressure on, call AND write, stating you need the upgrade within 7 days, and if they are unable to supply it, you will be forced to cancel the upgrade and revert to your original arrangement.

(And after the dust settles, you give notice and leave).

No - that is an adverse action on your part, but under the DD Guarantee, they mist tell you how much and when they plan to take out the money, so when writing, you can add that until the matter is resolved, you do not expect any debits from your account. If any ARE taken, you will expect an immediate refund.

Your contract cannot end until you give the 30 days, SO once they have the phone back, and you have not recieved your replacement by the deadline you give, THEN you WRITE advising that due to the failure to ugrade satisfactorily, you are giving 30 days notice - it is too late for you to do this on 30/09, so to keep it tidy, give notice on 20/10 to cancel on 1st December. If you hadn;t accepted the upgrade, you could have left on 1st November - but there is always the risk that if they DO get the replacement to you in time, you're locked in once more. (As you'll be showing as having renewed already).

Today I got my upgraded contract documents from 3 mobile to my correct address but still no response abt the handset. Just few minutes before i contacted execurtive office and they said they got address as No 94 (wrongly dilivered address), then how come 3 mobile send contract documents to my correct address? are they trying to fool me?

Then they passed my call to diffrent department and one representative told me tthat they will get back to me before 3pm today.

Fooling you? No. Judt incompetence on their part, a key bounce would pull up your previous address (I'm assuming it WAS a prev address)? As if it was totally unknown to you, they got serious problems! :)

Yes, It was one of my previous address.

Good news is Executive office just gave me a call and made a long apology regarding this incident and accepted that happened due to 3 mobile internal miscommunication. Further he promised me to deliver the handset by tomorrow to my current address. Then I ask whether its possible to cancel the upgrade , so he also accepted it and gave me that cancellation option as well. Then I asked for a different handset (E71) WHICH IS BIT EXPENSIVE THAT e63. Surprisingly he agreed to that option as well under same price plan.

Then I agreed to accept E71 with same price plan as I upgraded last week. This issue gave me a better result at the end. He was very polite and very helpful to sort out this issue.

I’ll update you when I receive the handset tomorrow (hopefullyJ)

Edited by aasanka75

Below is solution email I got from 3 execurtive office.... But I don't know why they added £2.00 Video pack ?? What is the advantage of having it for daytoday use??

Thank you for your recent correspondence and telephone call, during which you highlighted your concerns regarding an error in delivery of your handset, following your call to renew your contract with 3. Please accept my apologies for any difficulties you may have experienced during your recent dealings with us.

With regards to the customer service difficulties you have experienced, please be assured that your feedback is very important to us. The information you have provided will be matched up with the notes on your account, in order to facilitate a full investigation into this matter. The findings of this investigation will be escalated to management, where the conclusions will be cascaded to the appropriate individuals.

As discussed, a replacement Nokia E71 handset will be delivered by courier to: - 21 (Address), on Friday 9th October 2009. You will remain on your previously agreed Price Plan of Mix and Match 500, with a £2.00 Video Pack, meaning a monthly line rental of £20.00, provided you stay within your inclusive allowance of units. This 18 month contract will commence on 2nd November 2009 and will reach its minimum term end date on 1st May 2011.

Should you require any further assistance with this matter, please call me at the Executive Office on 08707 330295. Our business hours are Monday to Friday, 9am until 6.30pm.

Once again, thank you for bringing your concerns to my attention and I trust that my actions will meet with your approval.

Yours sincerely,

Heat is caused by the transmitter - and as it uses most power during this phase, it will warm up - they all do. Three days s pretty good - phones are doing more (background internet updates etc) and by shutting these down you'll get longer, but what you complain about are not serious issues.