Wedding Honeymoon one problem after another

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5059 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Im hoping for some help, I booked a wedding honeymoon through Virgin Holidays. I am going to copy and paste the first letter i sent to Virgin outlining all my problems. (sorry Its Quite Long)

Dear Sir/ Madam,

Re: Holiday Complaint about our Holiday to Florida and The Bahamas

Our booking no:

Invoice no:

From your records you will see that we booked our holiday in Dec 2008. We went to Clearwater, Florida on 26 July – 2 August, Orlando, Florida on 2 August – 5 August 2009 and The Bahamas 5 August – 12 August.

I feel I had to write this letter to you due to feeling let down by Virgin Holidays in all aspects of this trip. This was suppose to be my dream wedding and honeymoon and turned out to be one problem after another. I had paid £5600 for this holiday and really did expect everything to be perfect.

When I arrived at Orlando Airport and collected our luggage I noticed there was a crack and hole in my suitcase. Normally this wouldn’t have been a problem but due to it containing my wedding dress and having a fragile sticker attached to the case, this made me distraught and angry. Upon opening the case I noticed it had not damaged my wedding dress but feel when precious items are placed in the hold of the aircraft with a fragile label attached to them then they should be treated with respect and care. I have attached a photograph but did not report this at the Airport.

Before I left England I received 2 letters from Virgin Weddings and both times they had written my husband’s name incorrectly, always addressed to Donna and Derek. I rang Virgin Weddings twice to inform of this mistake and that my husband’s name was in fact Darren and not Derek. Upon arriving in Orlando airport there was another letter waiting for us from virgin addressed to Donna and Derek. Upon arrival at the Hotel again we have a lovely card from virgin with a lovely message inside which would have been a nice keepsake but again it was addressed to Donna and Derek. I feel in this instance you have broken your terms and conditions as set out in your brochure due to having the option to change this and nothing was done about it. I have included all proof of this with this letter. I feel this is totally unacceptable and makes me wonder if Virgin had of obtained the marriage licence would the right names have been printed.

On the second part of our wedding/honeymoon we also encountered more problems. We arrived at the Disney Coronado Springs Resort at 1:30 p.m on 2 August and checked in, I stayed here with the rest of my family who were on another booking.

On Tues 4 Aug there were major renovation works taking place and we were woken at approx 8:00 a.m. by the sound of workmen drilling and hammering. We stayed in Room 6760 and the workmen were renovating Room 6772, a few doors away from ours. There were 3 workmen refitting a bathroom suite, decorating, fixing mirrors and shelves to the room. When we looked out of our door the tools were on the landing, these included drills, planers, saws and electrical equipment. There was an electrical lead running along the floor which we had to walk over. I was devastated due to having my child who was sharing the room next door to where all this was happening. They worked until around teatime, so we were unable to use the hotel room peacefully during the day. Also my child was unable to have her afternoon nap due to the noise.

The workmen explained that it took about 2 days to complete a room and they had apparently been working on other rooms on our block. I was appalled that Disney would actually put clients in this situation. I called the Disney Reception to complain and see if we could be moved, we were informed that a manager would call back, to which I heard nothing. I have enclosed photographs of the renovation work being carried out and the obstruction on the landing which we needed to use to access the lifts. You can clearly see that this was totally unacceptable. The hotel or Virgin did not inform us that this work was taking place. This had a significant effect on the enjoyment of our holiday.

I am very disappointed that we were not informed of this and were not given alternative choices of where to stay. After reading your agreement (as displayed on the Virgin Website), I feel that as we were not informed prior to our holiday you have not adhered to this. We are entitled to a full refund or in the least an alternative choice of accommodation. If we had been informed that renovation work was to be carried out at the resort we would have requested a change of accommodation prior to traveling to Orlando.

On Wednesday 5th August we checked out of Disney and made our way to the Airport. On our flight tickets, as supplied by virgin, we were given the flight number and the Airline, this was US Airways. We made our way to the check in desk which was in Terminal B of Orlando Airport. We queued for 35 minutes to be told we were not flying with US Airways but we were on a Code share and were flying with Bahamas Air. We then had to walk right across the airport to Terminal A to check in for Bahamas Air. We had to carry 3 suitcases. There was also a queue at Bahamas Air check in. Again I feel I have been let down by Virgin for firstly printing the wrong airline on the tickets and then not bothering to tell us it was a different airline. Also I am not happy that our tickets were printed with £444.15 on them and we were actually charged £530 for these. I contacted Virgin prior to departure to check this cost to be told it was correct. I would like this investigating and a full explanation why this has happened.

Whilst we were in the check in queue I spoke to several people and they had only paid 400 dollars for their tickets which equates to £150 each. I have also been on the Bahamas Air website and looked at a few quotes and again this is coming in at 436 dollars for 2 people which equates to £270. Please can you confirm why we have been charged over £700 more than this? I have attached the quotes to this letter.

My next issue is the flight with Bahamas Air, The planes were over 27 years old, and were very dirty inside. We were located in seats 1A and 1B, to the left of seat 1A on the floor there was loose wires, we were very concerned about this. During our 55 minute flight the aircraft seemed to fly from left to right which didn’t seem right and we were very worried about our safety aboard this aircraft. I booked this package through Virgin Holidays and I expected the aircraft used for this flight to be of better safety and standard. If I had known this before hand we would never have taken these flights to the Bahamas.

Upon arrival in the Bahamas, we were taken to our hotel and checked in quickly and given our room keys. The first thing we did was to change into our swimwear and head for the pool. When we got to the pool there was brown **** on the surface, which looked utterly disgusting. The shower by the spa did not work and the spa only worked in one area where one person could sit. The metal stairs in the pool were damaged and there was a sharp metal edge, we witnessed at least 2 people hurt their feet yet nothing was done. The Light in the pool was floating on top there was a wire connected to the light and we were scared for our safety with it being in water. We also found the walls under the balconies to be breaking away making it unsafe to stand upon.We found the towel staff to be very rude and unaccommodating.

In the virgin brochure it stated that honeymooners receive champagne and fruit, to which we didn’t receive any, I asked at the hotel to be told that they do not provide this. The room we were staying in was on the ground floor and the curtains didn’t close completely which enabled people to see in our room. The majority of the hotel wasn’t air-conditioned which made it hard for us to relax and enjoy due to the heat, we had to go back to our room to cool down. We also disliked how you had to be up at 8am to make a reservation for the restaurant and even then it could take an additional 20 minutes to speak to someone. We came here to relax and we were on our honeymoon.

At this point, I felt angry and disappointed. In our information pack we were given an emergency number for The Bahamas Virgin Rep which I called. The Rep came to see us almost immediately to help with our problems. The Rep did manage to sort out most of our problems connected to the hotel, we had our room upgraded to an ocean view room, we had the champagne and the pool was cleaned. The steps and the spa were never fixed though.

You can certainly see that my dream wedding and honeymoon was not as had been suggested in your brochure. This was my first trip with Virgin and I feel extremely disappointed with all aspects of this trip. I expect compensation for the problems which I had to encounter and had a significant effect on the enjoyment of our wedding.

I enclosed about 20 photos to prove all the problems we had.

Okay virgin have now replied to see this letter and offered us £318.00, but i dint think is enough and not answered some questions and trying to fob us off on others. If anyone wants to see te letter from virgin i can type most out. Also they have mispelt my surname on both the cheque and letter therfore making the cheque useless, i have sent another letter back.

What would you say is a reasonable amount of compensation / refund ? and how far do i go. Do you think i have a case.

Any more advice would be greatfully recieved.

Thanks

Edited by sexyfufu

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think the letter should be substantially clearer.

I also suggest you read this thread: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-consumer-issues/158062-court-papers-wedding-venue.html

Read it thoroughly. That was a case which I helped with, not exactly the same, but the same principle in law.

For package holidays, weddings and suchlike, there is an integral part of the contract to provide enjoyment, which is not provided for in any other contract. It's an implied term of such contracts, whether or not it is in the contract.

You therefore should be entitled to compensation, and a partial refund.

I am VERY busy at the moment, but because this is an issue I have experience on, and have successfully fought several claims like this.

However, a few rules if I am to help, in addition to the CAG rules.

1. No advice by PM.

2. Do NOT PM me to tell me you have posted on the thread. It is annoying. I get e-mailed when you post on the thread, I don't need a second e-mail.

3. I am never online from Friday evening till Saturday evening due to the Jewish Sabbath - I am Orthodox Jewish. Don't panic because of it.

4. Post documents up here - minus any confidential information - as soon as you get it. That way I have as much time as possible to deal with it. If you post something up a day before it has to be filed, don't expect me to find the time to help.

5. I am firm. Some people find me too tough. Others find that's what get's them success. If you don't like it, tell me and I'll buzz off, but you won't get the benefit of my knowledge and experience.

6. Learn from what I tell you. It annoys me immensely when some people come up here time and time again asking for advice on the same things that were told to them 5 minutes earlier. I don't expect you to know how to phrase letters or court documents perfectly, but see how I do it, and follow that, it should mean the next documents will require less work on my part. All help ultimately benefits you, I don't get paid, so if you learn as you go along, it can only benefit you.

I am always happier helping people who learn from experience as it spreads the knowledge. I don't like helping people who don't learn from experience as it shows a lazy attitude. Why should I do all the work? I shouldn't.

If you can work this way, then I am happy to help, otherwise I'll part company now.

Nobody guarantees success. I will do my darned best to make sure you succeed, but ultimately court proceedings are impossible to predict 100%. I have lost a few cases, but have an above 98% success rate - both here and in my work - and always do my best. There's no half-assed work from me.

• Haha 1

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:!: All the information I impart is my advice based on my experience. It does not constitute professional advice. If in doubt, always consult with a professional. :!:

:-) If you feel my post has been helpful, please click my scales. :-)

Hi Pickle,

I have no understanding whatsoever on my rights and any help and knowledge you give me will be gratefully recieved.

I have started reading through your other case.

Thankyou !!

Hi Pickle,

I have no understanding whatsoever on my rights and any help and knowledge you give me will be gratefully recieved.

I have started reading through your other case.

Thankyou !!

Ok.

Read through that thread in depth, if necessary print off every page and all attachments.

Then come back here and re-phrase your letter clearly, and laid out properly, with proper paragraphs, so it's easier for me to go through it.

Then, in another post, please try and quantify how much you think you're entitled to. If there was a breakdown of the charges for the holiday this would help.

In addition, somewhere on the receipts or documents you were provided should be the full company details of Virgin Holidays. Post these up.

Also, write what you've done so far. Have you sent them a letter? If yes, how long ago? Have you made any complaints to any department or division? If yes, dates and what did you raise with them?

Next, in whose name was the booking? i.e. Who paid for it - or who's credit/debit card paid for it?

Finally, how was it paid for? Was it;

a) Debit Card

b) Credit Card

And if b) who provides the debit/credit card to you - i.e. which financial institution?

But only AFTER reading the other thread.

However unimportant or irrelevant the above seems, please still answer. In due course you'll be given explanations and the basis in law for everything.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:!: All the information I impart is my advice based on my experience. It does not constitute professional advice. If in doubt, always consult with a professional. :!:

My Reasons for Complaint

Iteneary

7 nights Clearwater Florida

3 Nights Disney Conorado Springs Resort

7 Nights Breeze Bahamas super clubs (All Inclusive)

Before leaving England to go to America to get married any letters recieved from Virgin Weddings were addessed to Donna and Derek. I informed Virgin twice of this. Our Travel Documents were in the correct name.

Upon arrivig in USA we had 3 letters awaiting for us each with the name Donna and Derek on.

Upon arriving in the USA there was a big hole in my suitcase, this suitcase contained my wedding dress and was marked fragile. Virgin Atlantic do not allow you to carry the dress on board the Aircraft. I did Not report this at the airport and my Wedding dress was not damaged.

Disney

On the 2nd morning we woke up at the disney hotel to find major room renovations 3 doors away from ours. The workmen started drilling at 8am until 6-7pm. On the landing outside our rooms there were drills and electrical equipment with wires across the floor. I have photos of my brother in law walking past the equipment. I rang to report this to a manager at disney to be told someone would call us back and never did.

Flight from USA to Bahamas

We paid £530 each for our flights from Virign, when we recieved our tickets the total cost printed on them was £444.60, I rang Virgin before we left England to query this to be told it was right.

Virgin issued us with tickets stating we were flying on USA AIRWAYS flight number US 8694. When we got to Orlando Airport at the US Airways check in desk after queuing for 30 minuites. We were told we were not flying with Us Airways this was a code share and we were actually flying with Bahamas Air with a different flight number, these were located in another terminal. We then had to cart all or luggage to the other terminal building.

We checked in for Bahamas Air and were put in seats in 1A and 1B the aqircraft was 27 years old, Dirty inside. (Honesty made ryanair look like business class). To the left of seat 1A on the floor there was loose wires, going from the side of the plane into a panel by our feet. (I took Photos) this obviously wasnt safe. During our 55 minute flight the aircraft seemed to fly from left to right which didn’t seem right and we were very worried about our safety aboard this aircraft.

Whilst we were waiting to check in for this flight i spoke to a number of people in the queue and they had all paid considerably less for their flights than we had paid, the average flight cost £150 per person. Upon returing home i put 3 quotes on the Bahamas air website and these were all coming out roughly £140 per person. ( How can Virign charge £700 more)

The Bahamas

Upon arriving in the Bahamas we found the following

Curtains in room did not close fully we were ground floor so people could see in the room.

The Pool had all brown **** marks on the surface.

The shower by the jacauzzi did not work

The jacauzzi was big enough for about 13 people and the there was only 3 jets working in 1 area so o9nly 1 person would feel the benefit.

The metal stairs in the pool were damaged and there was a sharp metal edge, we witnessed at least 2 people hurt their feet yet nothing was done.

The Light in the pool was floating on top there was a wire connected to the light and we were scared for our safety with it being in water.

The walls under the balconies to be breaking away making it unsafe to stand upon.

The towel staff to be very rude and unaccommodating.

In the brochure we were advised honeymooners get wine and fruit, we did not recieve these and when i contacted Reception i was told they knew nothing about it.

In the brochure they also mentioned they had 2 ala carte restraunts, you have to ring at 8am in the morning to try and book thse for the following day. there was no other way to make a reservation. Not good when your on your honeymoon.

I made a complaint to the Virgin Rep whilst in The Bahamas, I was moved to a Ocean view room and they arranged fpr us to get the wine and fruit. I did ask to be moved hotel but was told if i wanted to move it would cost us money. After spending £5855.40

I hope thats better and thanks so much for all your help.

Edited by sexyfufu

Cost Breakdown

Adult Price x2 £1873.00 Total £3746.00

Deluxe Wedding x1 £449.00

Inbound Preuium Supplement Total £499

Platinum package and Car hire £599.00

Internal Flight (Bahamas) x 2 £530 Total £1060

Transfer Charge x 2 £30 total £60

I then saved 10% which was £567.00

Virgin Details

Virgin Holidays Ltd,

The Galleria,

Station Road,

Crawley,

West Sussex,

RH10 1WW

ABTA V2043

All of the booking was made in my name, I paid for the Deposit using my Virgin Credit Card ( to obtain the 10% discount) and i paid the remaining balance through a bank transfer directly from my Halifax bank account.

This is what the relevant part of my post said:

Then come back here and re-phrase your letter clearly, and laid out properly, with proper paragraphs, so it's easier for me to go through it.

Then, in another post, please try and quantify how much you think you're entitled to. If there was a breakdown of the charges for the holiday this would help.

In addition, somewhere on the receipts or documents you were provided should be the full company details of Virgin Holidays. Post these up.

Also, write what you've done so far. Have you sent them a letter? If yes, how long ago? Have you made any complaints to any department or division? If yes, dates and what did you raise with them?

Next, in whose name was the booking? i.e. Who paid for it - or who's credit/debit card paid for it?

Finally, how was it paid for? Was it;

a) Debit Card

b) Credit Card

And if b) who provides the debit/credit card to you - i.e. which financial institution?

But only AFTER reading the other thread.

However unimportant or irrelevant the above seems, please still answer. In due course you'll be given explanations and the basis in law for everything.

None of which has been done. Even the first post after this doesn't have a letter but a description of the problems. YOU should phrase your letters, and I proof them, not the other way round. Therefore the first post after this should be you rephrasing the letter to them, i.e. the letter you posted in the first post.

Then continue to post in more posts the answers to my other points.

Edit:

Ok. Post 2 is good, but done backwards. Post 1 isn't. Post 1 and the other info is more important.

Edited by legalpickle
almost simultaneous post by OP...
  • Haha 1

I have sent Virgin holidays 2 letters, and recieved one

I have photographs, Photocopy of my US AIRWAYS Ticket and other evidence to backup these letters.

The letter recieved from Virgin, i have not changed the name due to Virgin using a totally different surname than my own.

Virgin Letter 1a.doc

Letter Received from Virgin Holidays on 25th September 2009.doc

virgin letter 4.10.09a1.doc

I have already sent the letters to Virgin.

i tried to do it so it made it clearer for you Im sorry...

Please let me know what elsa you need.

Thanks for all your help !!

Edited by sexyfufu

1. The scales are in the box with the username to the left of the post, it's at the bottom left, with two other icons next to it, one is a warning sign.

2. I made clear in my post what I need. Do NOT think you're trying to make things clearer for me. Answer my posts.

What is missing is this:

a) Quantify how much you think you're entitled to!

b) Answer in FULL: Also, write what you've done so far. Have you sent them a letter? If yes, how long ago? Have you made any complaints to any department or division? If yes, dates and what did you raise with them? [You've answered some of what I asked, but not all. Answer it ALL.]

c) You haven't answered how much you paid with your credit card.

Additionally:

d) Please post up copies of the photos - and the other evidence to back your claims up - if they are not in the attachments.

I am offline from Friday evening till Sunday night this week, so it's unlikely I'll be able to do any more on this till next week.

I was hoping to get £1,000, but now i think i may be able to get more than this.

What i have done so far

I didn't keep dates, but i rang Virgin Weddings twice about the incorrect name printed on our Wedding letters.

25/07/09 Rang Virgin Customer Services to enquire why the price on the Flight ticket from Florida to Bahamas was £85 cheaper per ticket tha what was on my invoice. I was informed the invoiced price was correct, and informed them i would be taking this up after my holiday.

04/08/09 I rang Disney Customer Services to complain about the ongoing work in the room 3 doors rom ours and all the electrical equipment on the landing. I was told a Manager would call.

06/08/09 Rang Virgin Rep in Bahamas to inform them i wasnt happy and old them i wanted to move Hotels.

A rep came out to see me in the afternoon and i told them i was not happy with the hotel, the people werent friendly, the hotel was dirty, pool was dirty, and we did not recieve champagne and fruit as per brochure.

11/08/09 The rep came back to see us 1 day before we were dur to depart with a Resolution Agreement for us to sign, this had the issues raised and what they had done to try to resolve them. I was not happy with this and did NOT sign it.

18/08/09 Sent first attached Letter to Virgin as attached in previous post.

23/09/09 Rang Virgin to see why they had not responded as per 28 days they informed they would respond under ABTA terms and conditions. I spoke to a Manager by the name if Ian Scotland. He rang me back to inform me i would recieve a leter the next day.

25/09/09 Recieved letter from Virgin with a offer as attached to previous post.

04/10/09 Sent letter to virgin as attached to previous post

I paid £346.80 paid on Credit Card.

These Pics are off the work at disney.

I also have lots more evidence, all the info with the wrong names on, and the price on the ticket but because these include personal information i have not posted them.

Picture 002.jpg

Picture 004.jpg

Picture 005.jpg

Picture 007.jpg

Picture 008.jpg

Edited by sexyfufu

Very good so far.

I'm very busy, and the Sabbath & festival comes in in less than 2 hours, so I'll try to come back sometime between Sunday night and Tuesday night to help move this forward.

You have written that you hoped to claim £1,000. You have NOT quantified why you thought you were entitled to this. I need you to quantify what you think you're entitled to! This would include compensation. Sit down and think about this. I know it's VERY difficult to put an amount on stress, aggravation and disappointment, but this is what has to be done. Explain how you reach the figure you think is reasonable. Do NOT exaggerate, but do NOT be kind! Be reasonable!

Do NOT call them AT ALL from now on. If they call you insist on EVERYTHING in writing, and NOT by e-mail or over the phone.

Hi,

Ive been spending a few days really thinking about your last question and im still a little baffled. Im finding it really difficult to put a price on it. The reason i wanted £1,000 is because our internal flight was £1060 and everyone elsa had paid less than £400. Virgin have made me feel like i had paid to go on BA but then ended up with Ryanair !! This how i had come to £1,000.

I have attempted to break it down to the following

100% Refund from Disney due to the Building works - £312

Over Charged on Flights £85 per ticket - £160

Damage to the suitcase - £30

Incorrect Paperwork (All Wedding correspondance) £50

Incorrect Flight Tickets wrong information on them £50

50% refund from Bahamas - £400

I am unsure how much the hotel was, but the place was dirty unsafe and some of the facalities didnt work properly. When i got to this hotel i was dissapointed and upset.

I really feel i should recieve more from the internal flights, But dont know how far i can push or my rights.

Im not sure if this answer is correct, so i await your response.

Hi,

Ive been spending a few days really thinking about your last question and im still a little baffled. Im finding it really difficult to put a price on it. The reason i wanted £1,000 is because our internal flight was £1060 and everyone elsa had paid less than £400. Virgin have made me feel like i had paid to go on BA but then ended up with Ryanair !! This how i had come to £1,000.

I have attempted to break it down to the following

100% Refund from Disney due to the Building works - £312

Over Charged on Flights £85 per ticket - £160

Damage to the suitcase - £30

Incorrect Paperwork (All Wedding correspondance) £50

Incorrect Flight Tickets wrong information on them £50

50% refund from Bahamas - £400

I am unsure how much the hotel was, but the place was dirty unsafe and some of the facalities didnt work properly. When i got to this hotel i was dissapointed and upset.

I really feel i should recieve more from the internal flights, But dont know how far i can push or my rights.

Im not sure if this answer is correct, so i await your response.

Not bad. We're getting somewhere now.

Firstly, you should ALWAYS push for the MAXIMUM you'd be entitled to. Worst case scenario you settle for less, but if you push for less and have to settle for even less, you will always be unhappy with the result. Obviously don't be unreasonable - like say you want back the cost of the whole bundle - but don't be too kind, which is what you're doing here!

Secondly, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE make an effort on SPELLING!!!

Thirdly, for things like "Over Charged on Flights £85 per ticket" [which should be "Overcharged on flights @ £85 per ticket"] please explain.

Please now go through your breakdowns again, and try to quantify it again, I think you'd be entitled to quite a bit more than that from what you write, but I am not you, and I wasn't involved with the issues, so I can't quantify it properly, but only give my opinions on what you write. You spent £5,103 [after the discount], so £1k is VERY little considering how bad your experience sounds! Please explain your quantification.

Did the wedding go well at least? Or were there problems with that and the food? Cover everything, and explain it.

Thanks for your quick response.

I am now going to type in Word using spell check before i then copy and paste it over here. (hopefully then the spelling will be a bit better)

I actually spent £5800 this would of been over £6,000 if we hadn't received a discount.

Damage to the suitcase and causing distress to myself - £75

100% Refund from Disney due to the Building works and compensation for the distress caused - £400

Over Charged on Internal Flights @ £85 per ticket - £160 (the invoice stated £560 each and the ticket was printed with £444.00 including all taxes)

Compensation for incorrect information on tickets, Inconvenience caused for giving us the wrong Airline. £150

Incorrect Paperwork (All Wedding Correspondence) £150

75 % refund from Breeze Bahamas £ 700

Airport Transfers £60 (These were supplied free by hotel but we were charged by Virgin, I have not mentioned this previously)

Total = £1695

I hope now with my latest figures i am not being greedy, but really don't know what i can or cant claim for, or really what price i should put on things.

The food was not great, and to book the speciality restaurants you had to call at 8am for a reservation the following evening, most of the time these were booked up.

Alot of people complained about the food but we found something to eat most nights. The All Inclusive you had to queue for drinks and could be waiting over 10 minutes to be served.

The wedding was a day i will never forget, everything went fantastic and i wouldn't change it whatsoever. Some of the evening things i arranged independently and not through Virgin. I can not complain at all about the first leg of our trip which was at Marriott Suites Florida, The hotel was fantastic and the staff very helpful.

All these problems did ruin our honeymoon and i wished now i had never went to The Bahamas.

Do you think i could claim the whole of the Internal Flight back. This was £1060.00

Due to the following reasons :-

Ticket on Invoice £530 - Price on ticket £444.00

Wrong Airline and flight number prnited on ticket

Virgin charged us alot more money then booking direct with Bahamas Air.

Plane was 28 years old, there were wires by our feet and kept flying from left to right.

What do you think ? and what are my options on this ?

Sorry for the delay. I have been mad busy with stuff that has time constraints. I will be back, I aim to look through this in more detail Saturday night or Sunday.

Currently this has no time constraints, only once a court claim is issued are there any time constraints. But when it gets to that stage, I will make a bigger effort to come back here quicker. Sorry about the delay.

jsut to say sorry for your experiance

im sure legal pickle will help hes excellent at anything...

wish your virgin wedding would have been more like ours, married at disney world florida in the wedding pavilion, reception at grand floridain, everything was excellent, including free gifts at every eatery we went to for the honeymoon

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

I sent my last letter to Virgin 2 weeks today, they recieved it on 6/10/09.

I wrote in it that i wanted a reply within 2 weeks or i would seek legal Action and i enclosed the cheque.

Where do i now go from here, or how much longer should i give them, or wht do i do ?

Thanks