New overdraft query

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5308 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi again! Have retreived some old overdraft statements, which clearly show charges from bank at an average of £50 per month. As stated before, this is joint account and my hubby has trust deed, so debt collectors are trying me for the whole lot. Is there anything I can do about the charges that have been included in this amount? Please note, no offers have been made to debt company at this date, in fact due to circumstances a LILA bankruptcy is looking very appealing at the moment! Many thanks:smile:

Make sure you have all the statements over a five year period, This can be obtained by means of Subject Access Request (Copy Attached, maximum fee to bank £10.00) Inform DCA in writing that you intend to lodge a counter claim. (don't take any crap from them). Once you have the info collate all charges and add 8% statutory interest.

Dear Sir/Madam

( Add your name and address)

Account number Sort code N/A

Please send me the information, which I am entitled to access under Section 7(1) of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the ‘1998 Act’) on behalf of the above named in relation to all charges which you have applied to the above noted account within the last 5 years

(Scottish Jurisdiction) from the date of this letter.

If you require any further information please let me know as soon as possible.

I enclose a Postal Order / Cheque in favour of your bank for the sum of £10 with respect to the maximum statutory fee for processing this request.

I look forward to your response within the maximum 40 Calendar day time limit under the 1998 Act.

Yours sincerely

B/C I