barclaycard/mercers-is this right?

big.syd
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5120 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

update,

mercers and calders have now gone away..

recieved the letter below from Credit Solutions Ltd.

brief summary of whats been going on.

cca - only usual terms and conditions supplied.

account placed in dispute.

Default Notice sent by Mercers- innefective.

mercers passed on to Calders. Calders seen off.

No NOA recieved

Scotcall seem off .

Mercers demanded payment of account in full.

Credit Solutions are demanding payment in full.

Subject access request sent off to Barclaycard

last week.

smells like unlawfal recission to me?

cs.ltd.PDF

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You can ignore CSL, or take issue with them because the DN issued was defective for several reasons.

See what comes back with the SAR reply.

:)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

• 1 month later...

letter recieved from barclaycard in response to

my letter accepting unlawfal rerescission.

has anyone else had a similar response?.

they of course will claim that there actions are

lawfall and follow the cca 1974.

my d/n is posted on page 1 of this thread

and i am informed that it is "tosh".

Barclaycard say that they have not added

any unlawfal charges to this account, but they

continued to add monthly interest whilst account

was in dispute.

2nd page quote," i hope i have fully resolved your

complaint".

well its not resolved and i did not complain, i just

informed them that i accepted their unlawfall

rescission.

what should my response to this be?

credit solutions are placing the account on hold

for 21 days whilst they await a response from their

clients

bc response.PDF

Hi Bigsyd

I am afraid many of these banks will countinue to deny the account is in dispute and possibly still add interest unfair charges and play pass the parcel with various other DCAS further down the foood chain,In my case after they did not respond properly to s78 request and ignored letters i wrote prior to that I just stopped paying them and just stopped worrying about what they chose to add to it! as i stopped paying them anyway,Everytime they set a third pond feeder on me i write them a firm account in dispute letter and so far a firm letter ot two sees them off, So far after their usual Mercer/Calder charades and one visit from scottcal and a couple of scotcall letters i have not had to much of pass the parcel imposed on me,I have only so far had the outside DCA wescott set on me and they backed of after a firm letter or two,Now i have not heard from Barclaycard for several months. So it normally gets easier ,Just write a firm letter or two to each pond feeder and hopefully they will back of like they did with me

Edited by sunflower99

Im happy to help with support and my own opinions but as i have no legal qualifications If I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action,

However i do admire other caggers who do go after them to get unfair charges claimed and i proabalby letting Barclayshark of lightly !

Im happy to help with support and my own opinions but as i have no legal qualifications If I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action,

thank you sunflower,

i was just a liitle concerned at their

interpretation of the cca stating that they

had allowed 7 clear days to rectify DN.

Well they got to prove it!:D:D

It's 14 clear days to rectify from receipt of D/N which is deemed as served 2 days after posting if sent 1st class or 4 days if send 2nd class,service days do not include Saturdays or Sundays

The seven day to rectify was amended to 14 in Oct.2006-see post 1006 on this thread....

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/legal-issues/191784-shakespeare62-nastybank.html.

I failed to get a response from BC when i wrote accepting their unlawful rescission-they just passed it onto Moorcroft!!