buy now pay later and bankruptcy?

ladylumps45
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5302 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi, i purchased a bed from dreams on buy now pay later through barclays finance.it is due to be paid in june next year.

unfortunately it looks like i will have to go bankrupt in the next few months although im trying my best to cope and havent defaulted on anything yet.

the bed cost 3,800 pounds.will i have to hand the finance agreement to the OR? will the bed get taken away? thankyou.

erm....im not sure .i know that i have to pay the full 3,800 in june which is interest free.if however i dont pay the full sum in june then barclays will take 200 pounds a month out of my bank and the total amount paid will be a hell of a lot more because of interest.

does that help?

A bed is a necessity not an asset.

Items excluded from Bankruptcy

It is only reasonable that you be allowed to keep essential items and are not impeded from earning a living. Items which can to be excluded from bankruptcy include:-

Household items essential for basic domestic needs. e.g. Clothes, Furniture, TV etc.

A modest vehicle depending on circumstances.

A residential tenancy.

Items needed for trade or employment such as tools and computing equipment.

Money held in pension funds.

Money obtained from a student loan, if a balance of the loan remains payable.

A lot of companies will make it sound as though the loans are secured against household items, such as sofas, computers etc, especially HFC. This is a way for them to get the payment from you, as if not you would be left thinking that these items would be takena way from you. In actual fact as stated in the above posts, 9 times out of 10, loans are not secured on household items, therefore this would not be taken away in bankruptcy, and your full loan would be included.