Assignment of debt - Vil Collections - amex debt

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3967 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I wrote to Vil Collections of Surbiton asking for

1) True copy of the agreement from original lender (amex) (which Vil Collections have provided)

2) Are they the creditor? As the debt being assigned to them? Have they purchased the debt? If they are unable to comply they should confirm in writing (which they Vil Collections have totally ignored).

What next?

Have you had a notice of assignment from Vil saying they've bought the debt or are they just collection on Amex's behalf?

can you give a bit more background about what the debt is?

No Assignment from Vil

Their first letter asking for immediate settlement to be made to Vil Collections.

This was followed by my letter as detailed above.

Their last letter as detailed above says:-please find enclosed copy of Credit agreement with statement of account.

Immediate payment required now and send by return of post to Vil Collections.

Debt came from Amex charge card from 7th April 08

Subject access Amex which should amongst other things reveal if the debt has been assigned to Vil along with the assignment notice.

Subject access letter - adjust/edit accordingly.

http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/576-subject-access-request-debt-a-dca

I reside in Dawlish Warren but am not a rabbit.

I have just been looking at what Vil Collections sent me.

it is signed Amex charge card application form plus 3 pages of statement of account.

that can not be a CCA can it?

Forgot to mention

I received August 2008 a letter from Newmans of Leeds demanding payment on a overdue account from Amex and require full payment immediately or a default will be registered. Plus a referral fee (which i refused to pay).

The phone calls/letters never stopped untill my OH got her family to help and we paid £3k to Newmans.

One year later (August 2009) Vil Collections are now on my case.

I found CAG since, so no more £3k's

• 3 months later...

Hello borolad,

How are you getting on with Vil? (Funny how you can change the name with just the addition of one letter at the beginning or the end. :D)

I have been in dispute with Amex since the end of 2008 and hadn't heard anything from them since May last year, then another DCA in August, and now Vil. About to tell them that it's all in dispute but just searched and found this thread, so wondered what had happened? If anything.

DD

I have just been looking at what Vil Collections sent me.

it is signed Amex charge card application form plus 3 pages of statement of account.

that can not be a CCA can it?

I think taht you'll find that a charge card is not covered by the CCA