• Tweets

• I hope you mean I try to help people stand up to bullying - and not do the bullying!   I'll assume it's a compliment!     Well - that sort of demonstrates that you've not understood my point and (perhaps?) haven't actually read the OP?   My point is that it is not the boyfriend (the supposed "owner" of the car park) who is posting, but his girlfriend who believes that he "owns" his car parking space.  Yes - it usually makes sense to believe that what the OP is posting is the truth, but in this case there is every reason to believe that there is a possibility that the OP might be mistaken about her boyfriend's ownership of the parking space, because...  well, how would she know for sure whether he does or not?  He might be boasting or lying or simply mistaken.  (My understanding is that many people who "own" flats are often under the mistaken apprehension that they "own" a parking space when they don't.  All the more reason then that somebody else other than the "owner" might be even more mistaken).   I suppose what I'm getting at is that I was a bit surprised that both you and dx100uk were able to give such definite and certain answers to the OP without exploring her situation a bit more fully and ensuring that she fully and correctly understood her boyfriend's rights in respect of the parking space in question.  I was simply concerned that without getting more information from the OP, then the replies given to her might prove to be less than useful.  I wouldn't want her to leave thinking that there was absolutely nothing to worry about and then find out there was because she'd been misadvised because she didn't understand whether her BF "owned" the space or not.   Of course, it may be that my concern here makes absolutely no difference to the answer that needs to be given to the OP because it doesn't matter whether her boyfriend actually "owns" the parking space or not, which is fine.  But sometimes I think it would be helpful to the OP (and other readers like myself) if some of these legal niceties could be spelled out rather than left unexplained.    
    • I've spoken to my son in law and because the gearbox can be very expensive to repair, he would prefer to reject the car.   The garage isn't going to charge storage at the moment.   I feel they have been mislead regarding the service history.   How difficult would it be to get the finance company on our side in rejecting the car and sending back to the dealer?
    • The first thing to say is that you better go ahead and refund the buyer because otherwise she will end up getting negative feedback as well. We will try and help you get your money back from Hermes. Have you made a formal claim through Hermes and have they formally declined you and giving you reasons why? Presumably the item was properly declared and properly valued when the delivery was booked. You don't say whether or not you took out their so-called insurance. Please start off by reading around the sub- forum focusing particularly on the Hermes threats. There are lots of them. Get to understand the principles in respect of the arguments – the insurance element, your third party rights despite the fact that you booked it through Packlink. Have a look at other people's experiences of having sued Hermes, the process of issuing the claim, the defence, the mediation and have a close look at the advice that we give about how to handle mediation. It's highly likely that you will have to issue claim papers so also read around to understand the steps you need to take to bring a small claim in the County Court. It's straightforward but understanding the steps will make you far more confident about what you are doing. Have you started a formal complaint against Hermes and Packlink?
    • Christmas Wonderland has been allowed to reopen because it sells real Christmas trees. View the full article
  • Our picks

Is this correct what Loyds TSB have told me?

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4069 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

They don't have a valid CCA although they've written to me stating

that they're still currently trying to locate a a signed copy of my credit agreement with them, but they say :

We can assure you, however, that before we opened your credit card account, we would have required sight of a signed agreement. If you take this matter further, we are confident in our ability to be able to prove this.

In addition, we would point out that your credit card account has been in existence for some time and you have drawn down and repaid debt on multiple occasions, thereby acknowledging that your agreement is valid and enforceable.

The account was opened around 1996, and hasn't been used since around 2000, and I have paid reduced amounts via debt management from 2000 until around 2007.

It's been back and forth between AIC, Debt Managers and Apex.

Thank you

HT

Send them this

Dear Cretins

I suggest you read the Consumer Credit Act 1974 and pay particular attention to S 127. You are already in default of my Legal Request under S 77/78 of the same act.

Im sur I do not need to quote case law to you to prove you are talking errant nonsense

yours etc

They really don't understand do they the poor little mites, the argument isn't whether a debt exists or has existed the crux of the matter is whether it is legally enforceable, which in this case it isn't because they cannot produce a CCA.

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

Lloyds TSB only keep agreements for six years.

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w289/diskmandave/BLS-NoAgreement.jpg

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/68852-ltsb-no-agreement-game.html

They put up quite a fight though...

Edited by diskmandave

If my post was helpful don't forget to click the star!

Advice is offered freely, without liability and without prejudice.

If in any doubt professional legal advice should be sought.

I do not profess to be in any way legally trained, I am a big

oily truck driver and all I know has been learned within the

Consumer Action Group.

FAQ's

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/

Trying to stop smoking?

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/give-up-smoking-here/

A dummies guide to the forums

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

--

KEEP WILDLIFE IN THE WILD

http://www.bornfree.org.uk

BORN FREE FOUNDATION

--

Be wary if their pet solicitors, **** ;)

"To love unconditionally is the greatest gift, laughter is a close second" .To give your time to help others after being helped here is the best way to show your appreciation to your fellow CAG members.

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts. All my knowledge has been gained here, for which I'm very grateful. I'm a Journalist, not a law professional.

If you do PM, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private ;)

BB 13 - DCAs/banks and solicitors 0.

I get a fresh start to get on with learning to live with severe disabilities when they could have had something if they'd been understanding...

<--- If you feel I've helped, please twinkle my star :)

I'm having a similar battle with Moorcroft over Lloyds, so I'll be interested in what happens here. I've also had the 'Lloyds don't keep paperwork older than 6 years' argument, so I just wrote and thanked Moorcroft for confirming that Lloyds don't have a true copy of the properly-executed agreement.

Regards.

Fred

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

I'm having a similar battle with Moorcroft over Lloyds, so I'll be interested in what happens here. I've also had the 'Lloyds don't keep paperwork older than 6 years' argument, so I just wrote and thanked Moorcroft for confirming that Lloyds don't have a true copy of the properly-executed agreement.

Regards.

Fred

they found my agreement from 1998 here :(

they found my agreement from 1998 here :(

They found mine too, it's just that it's a great big pile of dung.

Regards.

Fred

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

And mine from 1992, so they certainly keep them for longer than 6 years.

I can however shed some light as it looks as though its been retrieved from microfiche - in my instance the executed agreement was illegible.

Advice offered by ENRON is without prejudice and is for your judgement as to whether to take it. You should seek the assistance or hire of a solicitor or other paid professional if in doubt.

They really don't understand do they the poor little mites, the argument isn't whether a debt exists or has existed the crux of the matter is whether it is legally enforceable, which in this case it isn't because they cannot produce a CCA.

Send them this

Dear Cretins

I suggest you read the Consumer Credit Act 1974 and pay particular attention to S 127. You are already in default of my Legal Request under S 77/78 of the same act.

Im sur I do not need to quote case law to you to prove you are talking errant nonsense

yours etc

Would it be possible for you to point me in the direction of a suitable template that I can reply to them with?

Thanks again

HT

PLEASE NOTE... I AM MOST SORRY BUT I HAVE VERY LIMITED AVAILABILITY AT THE MOMENT DUE TO EXTREME PRESSURE OF WORK - IF YOU REQUIRE URGENT HELP ON YOUR THREAD AND ARE GETTING NO RESPONSE PLEASE HIT THE TRIANGLE FOR SITE TEAM ASSISTANCE. ELSA XXX

Please check out my BLOG for the quick guide to debt threats - it has all the info & letter template links you need to get started on your journey of TAKING CONTROL. :roll:

All opinions are my own based on research. I am not legally qualified, if in doubt please consult a legal expert.

Hope this has helped or made you smile. Keep your chin up, you're among friends now! Elsa xxx

Please click the *star* of any CAG member who has helped you .