Avoid selloldphone.co.uk aka Greener Tomorrow LTD

g3460
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4508 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I recently realised I had a few old mobiles around the house so did a quick internet search to find which phone recycling companies would give me the top price. Selloldphone.co.uk offered £168.00 which was quite easily the most competitive and so I took the offer. I sent the phones a couple of weeks later and received a cheque for £100.00. Presuming an admin error I phoned them up and they claimed one of the phones was in fact broken which it certainly wasn't when I sent it and that the other had reduced by £40.00 in market value!

I then requested if this was the case they return the phones to be told it would cost me £15.00 and they couldn't guarantee I would receive the same phone back.

Obviously I'm very disappointed by my experience with this company and the main aim of this post is to warn others off. If anyone can offer me advice however as to where I stand with this and can give me a solution as to how I can get the £168.00 as originally offered I'd be more than happy to pay them£10.00 or make a donation to a charity,

Gareth

It was offered it after I completed their online form, I received an invoice confirming the amount but was required to return it with the phones I sent back.

• 3 months later...
It was offered it after I completed their online form, I received an invoice confirming the amount but was required to return it with the phones I sent back.

I always use this website they are very helpful throughout the order by keeping me up to date and found they paid a lot faster than any other buyer, up to date i have sold around 50 phones in various conditions and have never had any problems i just place an order, send the phones of then get my payment straight into my bank around 2 days later.

If you want a first class service use sell that mobile i have not heard anything negative and i was actually recommended from a friend who owns the local phone repair center also uses them regularly.

I have googled greener tomorrow and i personally wouldnt use them.

Edited by Ell-enn
advertising link removed

• 1 year later...

I've had the same experience with this company.

I was offered £88 on their website for two blackberries. One was in pristine condition.

Four weeks later I received a cheque for £58 and told that one of the BB (pristine) was damaged. This is absolutely not true. I was also told £5 would be deducted off each phone for missing chargers - which I had not been asked for.

All data has been removed from my account even after log in.

The telephone doesn't work.

There is no reply to emails.

I'm not bothered about £30. Being ripped off does though, big time.

Someone stop this guy!!

If 'Turkishmicky' from post 4 is not an employee or owner of these websites then I'm a monkeys uncle.

Signing up just to make a comment like that, bit obvious.

I think thats another reason to avoid the site if they have to leave false reviews to get people in.

• 7 months later...

I had the same experaince with this mob. I was told 55quid for my phone so i sent it to them. 6wks later I get £26. I have emailed them 3 times now and not had a reply. I'm the same as the other guy. ****ed off being ripped off. I want to rip his head off. If i was closer i would be on his door step right now.

Ian

• 1 month later...

Hello; just to re-iterate the sentiment about selloldphones AKA Greener Tomrrow LTD.

I send them a perfectly working phone with a brand new screen with no scratches and they offered me £72 online. I sent the phone via Special delivery, and received an email informing they had received the phone a day later and would process payment and i would receive a cheque within 7-10 days.

Unfortunately, i received nothing after 2 weeks. I emailed them and recieved the standard response that they would call me asap.

I emailed them a further 5 times with my tracker number asking again for a call to let me know what going on. They did not respond.

I eventually received a cheque over a month later for £50 informing me the screen and keypad were damaged so they were not able to send the full amount.

I have never sold an old phone i tend to pass them on to younger family members, but this time thought i would try one of these companies out. I doubt i will ever use any online company again.

I did try and call but never got through. These guys are cowboys, and i sincerely hope they get ripped off as much as they have been ripping people off.

If 'Turkishmicky' from post 4 is not an employee or owner of these websites then I'm a monkeys uncle.

Signing up just to make a comment like that, bit obvious.

I think thats another reason to avoid the site if they have to leave false reviews to get people in.

I would bet you are not a monkeys uncle and I suspect same as you, haha :)

Hi I have just recently sent my phone to this company and got prompt email saying they have received phone,I was told i would get 119 for my nokia n8 which i had only had for 4 weeks( I then upgraded to an iphone), I have no further correspondance from them,I have emailed twice and online it says my payment is sent!!

I dont know what to do about this,I have obviously been scammed!

Can anyone give me any advice