Blackhorse Issues

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5316 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hey all,

I was wandering if I could have some advice.

Some of you may remember or read my issues with Blackhorse a few months back.

Please can I have some advice on this, I would be grateful if someone brings me good news!!

In April 2007, I opened up a finance agreement with Blackhorse to purchase a vehicle on behalf of my partner (now ex partner)

The vehicle was purchased on a HP agreement from Motor Nation, a car company in Birmingham. The agreement was for £10,024 repayable for 60 months. The APR was 17.15%

Me and my ex partner had a "gentlemans agreement" wherebuy my name would appear on the finance agreement but the payments would be taken from my ex partners account.

From day one, the agreement has been problematic!

Motor Nation, who sold the car, advised me to change the details on the V5 registration document from mine, to my ex partners. This was for insurance purposes. Motor Nation were aware that I was purchasing the car for my ex partner.

They also advised me that my credit rating would not be affected if my expartner did not make payments on the account.

As the agreement went on, payments were being made late. After we seperated with each other, my ex partner agreed to continue making payments. However, these were not made and Blackhorse told me my credit rating was being affected by this.

I then got a job in Dubai, where I went to and Blackhorse then kept contacting me about the payments. I was unable to then contact my partner about this. Blackhorse then rang my MOTHER and therefore broke data protection laws! I then had to leave Dubai, and come home to sort this out.

I wont bore you too much with the story, but the bottom line is I am now left to pay this debt. Blackhorse then repossessed the car, and there is an outstanding debt of £5800 to be paid.

All this happened very quickly - I have however, tried to take this to the Financial Ombudsman Service and after a long wait, they have closed the case and have basically said that its my agreement and its my responsibility - thats fair enough and I agree, I did mess up.

But... if I was to either scan the agreement in so someone can check it to make it unenforceable or would anyone suggest anything else? I really really cannot afford to pay this at the moment.

Blackhorse however, have not wrote to me asking for the money since I received the letter from the FOS, and this was on 11th August 2009. I guess they are expecting me to call them and let them know when I am paying the debt.

Can ANYONE suggest ANYTHING or have I really messed up here and its one of those, "You learn from your mistakes" type thing...

Thanks guys

Im currently trying to sort out a problem myself. You will find good advice and very knowledgeable people here to help you...

But i think you will need to post up your finance doc's/default notice and other relevant letters etc. for people to check. (remove all personal details etc before posting doc's up).

Just a quick note, someone has said to me that because Blackhorse are a member of the FLA, they said I can try my complaint with them because the FOS failed?

Are the FLA any good? Just having a little browse on there website and theres a page on "The Code Of Practise." I can easily pick up where Blackhorse have not followed that just by quickly browsing through the code!

Sorry to be the barer of bad news in my opinion only....

Agreement looks fine and to be fair you took out the agreement in your name... case closed!!

Best option, ring them and agree a payment plan you can afford. If you 'really can't afford to pay this right now' then offer a pound a week. If thats all you can afford, a court won't increase it...

Thats only my opinion and maybe someone else will have a cunning plan of how to relinquish this liability, but if they do... i'll be seriously awe struck by their truely genius grasp of the consumer law!!