Is it possible to SAR a insurance company

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5309 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I was wondering if it is possible to obtain all information that an insurance company holds on you, which would include all correspondence between insurers, medical consultants and employer?

If it is could you please advise on how to do this and if there are any template letters.

Thanks in advance

Hi Gallache,

You can request data that anyone holds on you by sending them a SAR. There are templates but I think these are charges orientated- can someone confirm?

This only entitles you to view information held about you.

Can I ask why it is you are wanting this, as someone with experience in the related area may be more experienced to assist?

Insurance Guy

If I can offer any help I will....

I have experience in Fault, Non-Fault & Disputed Liability Motor Claims for vehicle damage and hire, and some experience in Personal Injury Claims

If I've helped- please click my scales :D

ANY ASSISTANCE IS GIVEN ENTIRELY WITHOUT PREJUDICE- YOU SHOULD SEEK INDEPENDANT LEGAL ADVICE TO CONFIRM ANY ADVICE GIVEN

FEEL FREE TO PM ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD IF YOU WOULD LIKE ADVICE 8-)

Hi Insuranceguy,

I have been ill for the last 3.5 years and went through 4 life threatening operations, I have one more corrective procedure to go early next year.

My employer has group income protection policy which has been paying me 60% of my salary up until now. They have now informed my employer that I have been deemed fit to hold down a part time, flexi hour office job. This was never my position with my employer my contract position included 70% of time on world wide travel. Needless to say my employer doesn't have a position available which would suit plus I can't guarantee my hours of work due to my illness.

I have requested a copy of my consultants latest report to them however haven't seen this to date.

I definitely don't feel I am able to return to work at this present time in any shape or form and plan to fight this all the way.

Hope that gives you a better understanding any advise would be greatly apperciated.

The Insurance company might not comply as it is for easily acessible data. The Insurance company might hold your data by your employers name...

It would be easier asking your Employer for copies of your Occupational Health Records. Some employers will disclose the information voluntarily, some will want a SAR.

Abbey - owed £3260 - Paid up.

Barclays owed £2500 - Paid up.

Halifax, Mint & Egg - next on the hit list

Dont click on the scales - I'm quite proud of my little red dot! - As the little red dot has gone - click away!!!!