Loopyloopy V Link Financial

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5305 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

After my success with Natwest I am feeling more confident when it comes to this one. I previously had a loan with HSBC, We originally took it out to use as a deposit on our house in 2003, then i got inot financial difficulty being on maternity leave 5 years ago, went overdrawn, charges applied, had the loan restructured etc etc.

The original loan was for 5,000 and I was paying £150 a month for about 3 years, I then paid money here and there as and when we could afford it until I signed up to paypal nearly 2 years ago! I had been paying about £100 to HSBC directly, but recieved a letter from LINK to say I know had to make payments to them... However my husband is no longer working so our payments to them reduced to £49 a month.

I have just checked my paperwork and they are claiming the balance currently stands at £6,800!!

Im not 100% sure this is correct and have been attemting to calculate my paments to them.

Anyway to cut a long story short. I have asked payplan to remove them from our DMP and plan to dispute the debt,

My question to you guys is looking through other posts about LINK Financial, it seems to be that they are dodgy and use a lot of underhand tactis so am i bitting off more than I can chew and what differences can I expect between them and NATWEST!!

Also is it the same procedure when disputing a debt with a DCA as it is actually with the bank.

Im planning on sending a letter requesting the credit agreement etc on monday.

Any advice would be greatly appreciate and I will update you all on how I get on...

Right, I have today had confirmation that paypal have stopped payments to link financial, I have used a template from here and added a couple of bits... I plan on sending this to link financial special delivery on wednesday when i get paid. However I can only find a PO BOX address for them.

Do you think the letter is ok?? My only concern when I start this is the harrasment I may get from them looking at others posts!!

1 High Street,

Newtown,

Kent

R21 4RH

June 28, 2006

The Loan Company

Company House,

Church Street,

Newtown,

Kent,

R1 7HG

Dear Sir/Madam

Re:− Account/Reference Number 4563210025897412

I have recently been looking into the above account and the balance you are claiming is owed is incorrect, I am therefore disputing this whole debt until the matter can be clarified.

This letter is a formal request pursuant to s.77/78 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974. I require you to provide me with a true copy of the credit agreement relating to the above account, together with any other documentation the Act requires you to provide.

I expect you to comply fully and properly with this request, within the statutory time limit. You are reminded that should you fail to comply with my request, the provisions of s.77 will apply.

If it is your view that you are not the creditor, s.175 of the CCA 1974 applies in the case of a simple assignment, and places a duty upon you to pass this request to the creditor. In the case of an absolute assignment, you are a creditor as defined by s.189. If you contend that you purchased the rights but not the duties of any agreement, you are reminded that s.189 of the Act is clear that an assignment is of both rights and duties.

Your attention is drawn to ss.5(2), 3(b),6 and 7 of the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008 (CPUTR).

I Also now require all further correspondence from your company to be made in writing only to the above address.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Yours faithfully

Mr A N Other

Ive got a question for everyone with any knowledge of Link financial HSBC and credit reports.

I have just been looking online at my credit report and came across this under link financial:

status defaulted credit limit £0 date updated 23/09/2009 start date 02/08/2000 date last deliquent 06/07 default date 05/06/2007 default balance £ 7,597

My questions are:

I take it start date is date I allegedly took out the loan? Cant be right as on that date I was only 14 years old on that date?? I know im still a baby!! lol

What is difference between default balance and current balance mean... May have more questions when i have finished looking through it..

Ive got a question for everyone with any knowledge of Link financial HSBC and credit reports.

I have just been looking online at my credit report and came across this under link financial:

status defaulted credit limit £0 date updated 23/09/2009 start date 02/08/2000 date last deliquent 06/07 default date 05/06/2007 default balance £ 7,597

My questions are:

I take it start date is date I allegedly took out the loan? Cant be right as on that date I was only 14 years old on that date?? I know im still a baby!! lol

What is difference between default balance and current balance mean... May have more questions when i have finished looking through it..

The start date is the date when you took out the loan;

default date is when you defaulted on the loan i.e. missed three payments;

default balance is the oustanding balance owed.

If you were only 14 in 2000, the recorded information must be incorrect.

Ok thanks im going to print two subject access request forms tomorrow at work and get my husband to post them on Wednesday recorded delivery... Thanks guys... Am a bit nervous already... I know these things can take forever before you get a final conclusion not sure if my nerves will hold out though!! lol...

Sorry! just a quick one, I am trying to locate an address for Link financial that isn't a PO BOX address so that I can send recorded delivery.... doesn anyone know of one or where I can easily find it.

Thanks

Data Protection Register - Entry Details

Registration Number: Z5504257

Date Registered: 01 June 2001 Registration Expires: 31 May 2010

Data Controller: LINK FINANCIAL LTD

Address:

CAMELFORD HOUSE

84-90 ALBERT EMBANKMENT

LONDON

SE1 7TP

Other Names:

ALSO AT ;

1/5 TRECENYDD INDUSTRIAL ESTATE

CAERPHILLY

FLEETWOOD COLLECTIONS

INSTANTSILVER

THESIS SERVICING

This register entry describes, in very general terms, the personal data being processed by:

LINK FINANCIAL LTD

This register entry contains personal data held for 3 purpose(s)

Purpose 1

Private Investigation

Purpose Description:

The provision on a commercial basis of investigatory services according to instruction given by clients.

Data subjects are:

Customers and clients

Relatives, guardians and associates of the data subject

Advisers, consultants and other professional experts

BUSINESS OR OTHER CONTACTS

WITNESSES

SUBJECTS OF INVESTIGATIONS

Data classes are:

Personal Details

Family, Lifestyle and Social Circumstances

Employment Details

Financial Details

CONTACT DETAILS

INVESTIGATION BRIEF

INFORMATION RELEVANT TO THE INVESTIGATION

RESULTS OF INVESTIGATION

Sources (S) and Disclosures (D)(1984 Act). Recipients (1998 Act):

Data subjects themselves

Business associates and other professional advisers

Suppliers, providers of goods or services

Credit reference agencies

Debt collection and tracing agencies

Police forces

Private investigators

Transfers:

None outside the European Economic Area

Purpose 2

Debt Administration and Factoring

Purpose Description:

The tracing of consumer and commercial debtors and the collection on behalf of creditors. The purchasing of trade debts, including rentals and instalment credit payments, from business.

Data subjects are:

Customers and clients

Relatives, guardians and associates of the data subject

Data classes are:

Personal Details

Financial Details

Goods or Services Provided

Offences (Including Alleged Offences)

COURTS / TRIBUNALS

Data subjects themselves

Relatives, guardians or other persons associated with the data subject

Current, past or prospective employers of the data subject

Business associates and other professional advisers

Other companies in the same group as the data controller

Suppliers, providers of goods or services

Financial organisations and advisers

Traders in personal data

Central Government

Transfers:

None outside the European Economic Area

Purpose 3

Accounts & Records

Purpose Description:

Keeping accounts related to any business or other activity carried on by the data controller, or deciding whether to accept any person as a customer or supplier, or keeping records of purchases, sales or other transactions for the purpose of ensuring that the requisite payments and deliveries are made or services provided by him or to him in respect of those transactions, or for the purpose of making financial or management forecasts to assist him in the conduct of any such business or activity

Data subjects are:

Customers and clients

Data classes are:

Personal Details

Family, Lifestyle and Social Circumstances

Employment Details

Financial Details

Data subjects themselves

Other companies in the same group as the data controller