Claimant changed there copy of contract

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5316 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello All,

New here, great boards and looks like there are some very helpful people here. If someone can answer my question or point me in the right direction it would be much appreciated.

I am being taken to small claims court, without boring everyone with the details the first thing i need to know is if it is worth me defending myself or giving in.

So here goes;

If I fill in a proforma type agreement and sign on the dotted line, but purposefully leave one section of the agreement blank which i do not agree with can that part of the agreement be ruled out if i have not specified which option i would like to take. The claimant also signed the contract.

I later discovered that the claimant ticked one of the boxes on my behalf after the signing (on their copy of the agreeement), with this point alone is it worth going to court and saying should the claimant really be ticking boxes that i have left blank.

My copy of the agreement has no tick and their copy does have a tick!!

All comments, suggestions or help most appreciated.

Thankyou kindly

John

Guest Old_andrew2018

Yes it is worth defending, although the legal bods might need more details as whether the "box" is ticked or not may not have any relevance to the claim.