Bank Charges Case - Unofficial Update

adaytay
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5297 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Thought I'd share this little nugget of info with you. Was on the phone to a really helpful chap at my bank last night (no, really, he was!) while I was moaning about excessive charges (omg they reversed one of them!), and he let slip a couple of very useful bits of info.

The final decision of the test case re illegal charges is expected within the next week or so. He didn't tell me "officially" - but he did seem completely genuine, it was an "off the record" remark.

He also mentioned he was expecting to have to put a lot of hours in over the coming weeks because things were going to get busier.

Draw your own conclusions. With the other recent decisions by banks to lower their charges by over 50% (£15 per item for my bank, I know NatWest is £5 per item), I'd say this whole wait may soon be over, and we'll be able to finally get our money back!!

:-)

Natwest is £5 for bounced cheques only, which seeing the way cheques are refused everwhere nowadays, is not exactly going to revolutionise the bank charges system...

Personally, I think yon helpful chappie is jumping the gun a bit, as the expected result will only be for the 1st part of the test case, and I doubt we are anywhere near seeing our dosh back myself. :-(

• 3 weeks later...

Nah, I take it your GF is with Halifax? Have a look there to see what that o/draft structure means in money terms. I'm sorry to say it makes absolutely no difference to the test case results, whether part 1 goes in our favour or not, it will be far from over... :-(

Hi all,

Thought I'd share this little nugget of info with you. Was on the phone to a really helpful chap at my bank last night (no, really, he was!) while I was moaning about excessive charges (omg they reversed one of them!), and he let slip a couple of very useful bits of info.

The final decision of the test case re illegal charges is expected within the next week or so. He didn't tell me "officially" - but he did seem completely genuine, it was an "off the record" remark.

He also mentioned he was expecting to have to put a lot of hours in over the coming weeks because things were going to get busier.

Draw your own conclusions. With the other recent decisions by banks to lower their charges by over 50% (£15 per item for my bank, I know NatWest is £5 per item), I'd say this whole wait may soon be over, and we'll be able to finally get our money back!!

:-)

Won't be before 26 October according to this

ROBERTSON-HOLBROOK News

'I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around the banks will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered.'

Thomas Jefferson 1802