Sky Direct Debit problems!

rockrats
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5291 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone,

Having a problem with Sky; It all started some 3 months ago, for whatever reason there wasn't enough cash in the account and the DD wasn't paid. They suspended viewing as i would've expected, and within the following few days the account was brought up to date via telephone payment.

Sky confirmed the bank details as being the same, and then arranged few a fresh DD to be set up - happy days me thinks!

Anyway, a month later, the Sky tv is cut off again?! I rang them, they said the DD wasn't paid?! I explained what happened last month, and the chap said for some reason the DD actually WASN'T set up!! I had to pay over the phone again.

This has happened for the past 3 payments and i'm getting hacked off with it. Now they're saying its my banks fault and they want a different account's details.

Its frustrating because i go without Sky tv for a day everymonth like clockwork!!

If i arrange DD, cancel online, but pay without fail on or just before due date via Skywebsite should that work in theory?

Thanks for your help and any views.

rockrats.

Am considering changing to Virgin if i can recieve it in my area.... would they laugh at that threat???!!!

hiya

you can set up your dd online or as long as you make payment online no later than 10 days of your payment date then it would work but remember if a dd is not in place the will slap you for £3.91 each month.

did they say what the dd return reason was?

sky use the same originator code on the dd's so if someone cancels the dd at the bank the bank sometimes will not accpet it until the cancellation has been lifted by the bank account holder at the bank.

or another way around it is if you a flush one month pay a double payment so when the bill is due you are in credit so no £3.91 charge and just make your payments online each month

ida x

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

Hey thanks IdaInFife!!

Sky said it was at the banks end so i am assuming its what you said about DD.

Is it possible to set up DD on line and make a payment and then resume viewing or have i got to speak to somebody again.....?!!

Thanks again :)

Hey thanks IdaInFife!!

Sky said it was at the banks end so i am assuming its what you said about DD.

Is it possible to set up DD on line and make a payment and then resume viewing or have i got to speak to somebody again.....?!!

Thanks again :)

do it all online, as soon as payment and dd set up would activate your acc again

ida x

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

• 2 weeks later...

sorry late response, family emergency...

DD set up, payment due tomorrow, chap on phone said gonna take £100 via DD tomorrow!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

My partner hit the roof, i think pay a month on line, then cancel DD on line, then continue to make payments online via sky.com??

Right. £100 odd arrears now paid over phone. Pre arranged DD now cancelled with the intention of paying sky monthly via My Sky online.

Just recieved a letter saying about cancelled DD, and this was probably beacause "i gave some incorrect information"!!!!!!!!!!????????? :mad:

The letter has also said because of this, i now owe £22.25 or else the Sky will be cut off within 9 days of letter date (23rd Oct).

What to do? i dont want to speak to them due to losing my rag with them lol!! If i have paid arrears in full, how can i possibly owe more money??

GGGRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!

can you check online as see where the £22.50 comes from?

I've checked, and the combined total is £133; £111 paid, and 22.25 request. this now makes sense; apparently the 22.25 is for sky talk and broadband. so....panic over i guess?!!

regarding the 3.91 'admin fee' they want me to pay every month because they have to invoice me, if i pay slightlyin advance of due date, should the system register this and the fee wont apply?

How far in advance should i pay online...?

Thanks again for advice!!!!!! :)

14 clear days

my due date is 28th so i pay on 13th as invoice is always produced on the 14th of each month

ida x