Csa issue? and redundancy

fingers mclean
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5289 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone,

I have a question i have been making regular payments to the csa since 2000 when i split with my ex wife...I have had all the usual problems with them telling me i have arrears etc etc and all of this has been resolved because of the help from you guys on here..(A BIG Thankyou)..My issue now is that i maybe being made redundant very shortly and maybe getting a redundancy package i would like to know if the csa are entitled to this money as i was hoping to use it to start a new career as i have been in my current post for 11 years..Can you advise me as i have been given numerous advice and all are totally different..many thanks Ali :grin:

Fingers,

They are only entitled to the monthly amount payable. So long as you keep payimg each month they can't touch you.

How do you pay it each month - from your bank account - D.D. If so just leave it that way. Make sure you leave a few months payments in your account until your business is up and running and people are paying you. As long as you are paying they can't touch you.

Cheers - Scousegeezer

I understand what your saying but i will legally be unemployed and seeking to find a alternative career? self employment/employment..would they class my redundancy money as my income or not...And the money i will get which is half of my salary would have to got to buying/starting a new venture of employment..So i thought i would have to be reassessed until i have a full time job with an annual income of some description..thanks again for your advice

Fingers,

If you go for re-assessment, they will take your redundancy money into account and your payments are likely to remain the same. They will do until your money has more or less gone. Your money may also effect other benefilts that you may be entitled to - apart from JSA cont. based. If you end up getting a job that pays you a smaller salary than your original job, then you are likely to re-assessed at a lower rate. If you start your business you are not likely to get a lower re-assessment until your capitol has more or less disappeared So bearing in mind the above, keep paying at the same rate until your business is up and running , then see what you are left with , then consider asking for a re-assessment.

Cheers - Scousegeezer

Fingers,

If you are confused regarding the advice you are being given try this link

Law.JustAnswer.com/Child-Support

Cheers - Scousegeezer

Thanks just found this...

If the redundancy money is tax exempt then it should not be included in earnings; the CSA should ignore it. This means that anything over UKP 30,000 will be taken into account. (Payment in Lieu of Notice - PILON - counts as income).

The legislative basis quoted is Child Support (MASC) regulations, Schedule 1 paragraph 1(2).