Jump to content

Fraud Invesstigation by CA

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4270 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts

Hi all


I need some advice, i received aletter from the fraud investigation unit re my CA. I telephoned them and they said it is because i take in language students from time to time and havent declared the mney. I am self employed as this is the only way I can work with my adhd/asd son, no employer would put up with me having to leave work all the time. My income is calculated on a yearly basis and last Jan I telepphoned the inland revenue to see if i had to declare the inccome i get from students - they are short term overseas students and they received a room, cooked meals everyday, washing and cleaning for £12.00 per night which is what the school pays.

I was told that it would come uner their rent a room scheme and I hadnt reached the threshold so nno. For the last 3 years my business ran at a loss. I didnt carry over the last loss so my income without CA was £3000 for the tax year, however if i had carried over the loss it would have been zero.

Can any one advise me because I am really worried I have been up all night feeling sick and although I llok after my son I myself am in remission from cancer, have been for 3 years. I think is it all worth the stuggle or should i just stop being self employed and get all my council tax and rent paid by income support. In fact its quite ironic because any income that is left from the students money actually pays my council tax.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The allowable earnings limit for Carers Allowance is quite high (not sure but about £80- £90 pw) you are allowed to claim for certain expenses such as the costs of paying for someone to look after your son whilst you are going to work and the costs of getting to work and back..and some others that I can't remember....(not much help am I really !)


At the interview they should either give you a letter so that you can fill it in with your expenses or for you to take away and return.


If you have any business accounts showing your income and expenditure you should take those with you as well.


It probably wont be as bad as you think - cetainly nowhere near as bad as its portrayed on the forums. Just be honest and straightforward.


Good Luck !

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...