t mobile mess

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5287 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi to all,

what a great site but to be honest im a bit swamped by the huge ammount of advice lol

please be patient with me as this is my first post (it took me 3 days to find the phones section lol)

firstly i am a bit of a procrastinator which has got me in a mess in the first place.

the problem i have is in 2006 i had a t mobile phone contract which i was pleased with and had it for approx 5 yrs with no trouble, i was then phoned and asked to change to a new tariff it was apparently better. at the time i also used to phone my sister in australia and my girlfriend in canada (at that time) so i asked for the package to include there foregin country call plan for said countries. suffice to say i was not impressed when my following months bill was £1200 :eek:

i phoned them up and queried the ammount and found out they had not added the foregin country tarriff and lo and behold it, when added it came out approx £350 this i figured was correct and was happy to pay.

only problem was i had to sort this out with another department which im sure were permanentely on there lunch, suffice to say the bill never got payed.

you might be interested to know in 2006 i wasnt long out of divorce and then another bad relationship so subsequentaly was not very tolerant to being messed about plus add a dose of burying you head in the sand = one big procrastinator im ashamed to say:(

in six years i have paid over 30 thousand in debts and i am now seeing light at the end of the tunnel, i have done things the hard way and badly damaged my credit score on the way, wish i had found this site back then.

anyway my problem is having just moved to a new address ( i had moved a couple of time too prior) i am now being bombarded by a company called red with threats and also from a company called lowell asking for the full ammount of £1200

firstly im not trying to get out of the debt but wish only to pay the 350 which i think is fair

secondly i would rather deal with t mobile if thats still possible rather than this slimey dca red/lowell

any help would be most welcome in this matter and thank you in advance for any and all advice;)

Re: the DCA's send them this letter Letter when account has been passed on whilst agreement request is in dispute, but remove the bit about Consumer Credit Act (as mobile contracts are service contracts, not credit)

Here is something interesting from T-Mobiles Code of Practice :-

Complaint handling and alternative dispute resolution procedures

We hope that you will never have reason to complain about any aspect of our services. However, if there is something you are not happy with you should contact Customer Services and we will seek to resolve any complaint or query you may have. Customer Services can be contacted on telephone number 150 if calling from your T-Mobile phone, or on 0845 412 5000 from a land line. We will aim to find an immediate solution where possible; however, more complex complaints may take several working days or longer to resolve. If, having contacted Customer Services, you feel that your complaint has not been addressed or resolved, you have the right to ask for your complaint to be escalated to a Manager. If your complaint then remains unresolved, you should follow the complaints procedure below.

T-Mobile complaints procedure:

Step 1.

Put your complaint in writing and send it to the following T-Mobile address:

The Customer Resolutions Team

T-Mobile (UK) Limited

6 Camberwell Way

Sunderland

Tyne and Wear

SR3 3XN

The letter must include:

A) Your name

B) Your address

C) Your T-Mobile account number and /or mobile telephone number

D) Details of your complaint

E) Your resolution requirements

F) A daytime contact telephone number

Step 2.

T-Mobile will acknowledge receipt within 3 working days of receiving your letter.

Step 3.

T-Mobile will provide a full written response to your complaint within 14 days of receipt of your letter. Subject to point 4 below, the complaints procedure will be at an end.

Step 4.

If the letter from T-Mobile makes an offer of settlement, or it includes a proposal to resolve your complaint, you must respond to it in writing within 14 days of its issue, again addressed to The Customer Resolutions Team.

Step 5.

If you do not respond to the letter from T-Mobile within 14 days of its issue, the complaints procedure shall be at an end. If you respond by accepting the offer of settlement or proposal to resolve the complaint, T-Mobile shall within 7 days of receipt of your letter either:

Reply to your letter acknowledging your rejection, upon which the complaints procedure shall be at an end, or;

Reply to your letter putting forward new proposals in respect to which the provisions of points 4 onwards above shall apply.

You may also obtain independent advice from the Citizens Advice Bureau, Consumer Advice Centre, Trading Standards Departments or other telecoms user organisations recognised by the Secretary of State. Whilst we are happy to work together with any of the above independent organisations, if you decide you need their help to resolve your complaint, we would always recommend that you contact us first as most problems can be resolved quickly this way.

If after discussion with T-Mobile you are still unhappy with any aspects of our services, we have established, in consultation with the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators, a straightforward and convenient procedure for independent, dispute resolution. This process may be used where we are unable to resolve your complaint after a period of 8 weeks from the date of your initial complaint has passed or if we write to you at any time informing you that we cannot resolve the complaint.

If the amount you are claiming does not exceed £5,000, subject to consent by T-Mobile, you have the right to put the dispute to this adjudication process.

Details of how to apply to the T-Mobile adjudication services can be obtained by writing to the legal department at:

T-Mobile (UK) Limited

Hatfield Business Park

Hatfield

Hertfordshire

AL10 9BW

Or by email to [email protected]

and this is from Ofcom. It's nice to watch aswell

:lol:

A guide to telecoms complaints Ofcom

Edited by locutus
P.S. Welcome to CAG

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

hi.spike

welcome to cag.

red ARE lowell and vise versa;)same company.

If your talking 2006.and you did not put it in dispute with t mobile.

would be tempted to send prove it first to lowell

http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/573-general-debt-letter-if-you-know-nothing-of-the-debt

print name don't sign.

see what proof they come back with.

if you had this contract for 5 years,going back to 2001.can't see lowell getting any more proof than.

"we brought it on xxxx.pay up" crap.

you could also SAR t mobile if needed.

see what details they have retained from 2001.

lowell are nothing at all,and are easy to get rid of.

would also ask for your post to be moved to the debt forum.

SAM

thanks guys for your help, will let you know how i get on, incidentally they have not put it on my credit report, should i just take on red, and forget about it or get in contact with t mobile anyway