Orange Nightmare

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5264 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

i have been looking around this site for a while and wished that i had found it earlier!! I have some horror stories for you. I'm not into getting out of what I owe, but feel that I have been taken for a ride on a number of occasions and not really knowing the law... well you know the rest.

Firstly Orange!

A cut down history:

I changed my deal in December 07 to a blackberry pearl dolphin package. Phone number 1 not working properly many hours spent in orange shop trying to sort out. orange finally conceded realised phone not working - new phone. this time phone seemed to be working but service not working properly blackberry problem apparently!? all the greatest engineers from Orange and Blackberry tasked with the problem ;) more hours in shop and on the phone. finally sorted! few months later scroll ball broken on the phone. new phone given same problem with internet etc. My statements were always wrong, they told me that they would give me 2 months rental free did not appear until many months later, i was also paying for internet which they told me was free in the package that i had. i refused to pay any bills until sorted. They cut me off and terminated the contract. :evil: Now Moorcroft sending letters asking to pay £400 + as iwas still i contract when they terminated. i am willing to pay for the airtime that was used, but not the rest of the contract as i feel that i have been treated very badly from a company that seems to be customer friendly!

So now Moorcroft are on the case. i have written to them with a more detailed version of the above. the letters received back didn't seem as if they had read them at all! i phoned them up and told them my concerns especially the time that i has waisted. i have received back a letter saying that Orange policy is not to give compensation. they are demanding the 400.

Something i don't understand if Orange have terminated why do Moorcroft alwys ask if i want to reinstate my contract!

any help would be appreciated.

regards

lighflight.

Edited by lightflight

Hiya and welcome to cag,

i have moved your thread to an appropriate forum,

Ida x

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

Hello and Welcome, lightflight.

I'll move this thread to the appropriate Forum.

EDIT:

Ida, with the 'go faster' Pumas on, beat me :)

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Hi all,

i have been looking around this site for a while and wished that i had found it earlier!! I have some horror stories for you I'm not into getting out of what I owe but feel that I have been taken for a ride on a number of occasions and not really knowing the law... well you know the rest.

Firstly Orange!

A cut down history:

I changed my deal in December 07 to a blackberry pearl dolphin package. Phone number 1 not working properly many hours spent in orange shop trying to sort out. orange finally conceded realised phone not working - new phone. this time phone seemed to be working but service not working properly blackberry problem apparently!? all the greatest engineers from Orange and Blackberry tasked with the problem ;) more hours in shop and on the phone. finally sorted! few months later scroll ball broken on the phone. new phone given same problem with internet etc. My statements were always wrong, they told me that they would give me 2 months rental free did not appear until many months later, i was also paying for internet which they told me was free in the package that i had. i refused to pay any bills until sorted. They cut me off and terminated the contract. :evil: Now Moorcroft sending letters asking to pay £400 + as iwas still i contract when they terminated. i am willing to pay for the airtime that was used, but not the rest of the contract as i feel that i have been treated very badly from a company that seems to be customer friendly!

So now Moorcroft are on the case. i have written to them with a more detailed version of the above. the letters received back didn't seem as if they had read them at all! i phoned them up and told them my concerns especially the time that i has waisted. i have received back a letter saying that Orange policy is not to give compensation. they are demanding the 400.

Something i don't understand if Orange have terminated why do Moorcroft alwys ask if i want to reinstate my contract!

any help would be appreciated.

regards

lighflight.

1st lets stop the pesky DCA

Rule 1 Don't talk to debt collectors on the phone unless you are recording it.

Rule 2 DON'T TALK TO DEBT COLLECTORS OVER THE PHONE UNLESS YOU ARE RECORDING IT! :lol:

Keep everything in writing (that way you have a paper trail if it does go to court)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/574-letter-when-account-has-been-passed-on-whilst-agreement-request-is-in-dispute

Send that letter, remove the bit about Consumer Credit Act (as mobile contracts are service contracts, not credit)

Now, on wards to Orange.

This one is the more important (as they will have probably logged adverse data on your credit file, which can effect your credit rating)

1st get a credit report from the CRA's equifax and experian.

Here is a video guide of how Ofcom suggest you complain. This is not a bad idea (again if it goes to court you will be seen as being reasonable)

A guide to telecoms complaints Ofcom

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

There is enough... basically all you need to say is that the amount owed is in dispute with Orange, so it's unlawful for them to try to collect.

You can have some decent fun "DCA bating" :lol: if they keep phoning. read here for some inspiration. http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bear-garden/131409-cheekiness-towards-dca.html My favorite is to try to educate them to the fact that they phoned you so it's them that need to go through security, and I won't give out any personal information unless they do this 1st :p

As I said, the main problem is Orange (just because of the damage they can do to your credit rating.)

Write to orange listing their failures. I believe your desired outcome will be removal of adverse data on your credit file (although this will be a hard slog I feel) and writing off any debt they say is owed.

Push them as hard as you can, say they broke the agreement by charging you extra for internet, so that ended the contract therefor they had no rights to process your data with the credit reference agencies, or to collect the alleged money owed on the account. If they offer something that is acceptable to yourself in the way of a compromise, accept it.

Here is the address :-

Orange Customer Services

PO Box 10

Patchway

Bristol

BS32 4BQ

Hope this all gets sorted out quickly for you :)

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

to

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

C.A.G. Toolbar

• 2 weeks later...

hi all

well i sent moorcroft the 'account is in dispute' letter and that is was unlawful for them to request money while the account is in dispute. a letter arrived today

and i quote

'further to your recent correspondence, i write to confirm we require a monthly repayment proposal you can afford and maintain, to enable us to assist you further.'

i sent this letter recorded delivery. shall i just ignore this letter? i have also subject accessed orange, still waiting for a reply from them.

any ideas...?

thanks for your help.

lightflight

I'd personally ignore the DCA. They're not gonna do anything, all mouth no trousers :p.

Concentrate your efforts on Orange. As I said I think you'll have a tough slog ahead of you. Ask them for their "Code of Practice" aswell!

to

C.A.G. Toolbar

• 2 weeks later...

thanks Locutus

sorry i didn't reply i have been in the wilds of Cornwall where internet is a bit scarce!

I have just recieved another lovely letter from someone calling themselves Midus, part of Moorcroft!? Moorcroft have nt acknowledged my Account in Dispute letter yet, is this normal nor have orange fr that matter replied to my Access letter should i give them a ring?

Lightflight

You're always best writing. (you can send special delivery OR ask for a "proof of postage" at the post office so if things do go to court, you have proof that you've kept in touch.)

to

C.A.G. Toolbar

• 5 weeks later...

hi Locutus,

finally got my paperwork for the subject access request from orange and looks like Moorcroft have stopped their lovely letters. i have questin regarding Orange... i sent the letter for the Subject Access request with £10 enclosed. when i recieved the paperwork back the letter instructed me to send a check for £10. phoned orange to get to the bottom of it and tell me that they have indeed got the cheque but put it towards the balance that i owe!? the operator said that they shouldn't have done that!! Any view on this and what to do.

thanks as always.

lightflight.

Return their completed paperwork with a letter/note telling them that you've already sent payment for £10.00.

As they've offset your payment against the balance which was clearly not what the payment was for, advise them that your not sending another cheque as you've already paid the statutory fee, you shouldn't have a problem, basically it's there issue not yours if they've incorrectly used/allocated the payment.

Also, make sure you tell them that the 40 days is still counting down and you WILL involve the information commissioners office if the deadline is not met.

to

C.A.G. Toolbar