credit card dept 2002 statutory demand

ninak
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5317 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

my partner had a statutory demand sent back in july for a credit card debt in 2002

i sent them the quoted letter in the earlier forums not acknowledging the debt but asking to see the original credit agreement as stated giving them the 12 days by law they had to respond to the letter

today 3 months later they have sent the agreement but no stat demand just asking for a pay ment agreement

what is the best course of action now with this matter

as i did no think they could legally chase us for this debt

HI Statute Barred is just that. So long as no payment or acknowledgement has been made in the intervening period, You can tell them to foxtrot oscar as they won't get a penny-end of

If they try another stat demand, you can get it set aside dead easily and get costs but I doubt they will.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Hi ida

i have allready sent the first letter asking for the original credit agreement giving the the 12 day time limit

and yesterday they sent the agreement back 3 months after original request

Cap Quest debt recovery

thay are not now asking for the statortory demand they are now asking for some sort of payment and have put the account on hold untill 10 oct before it get sent to collections

i thought after this amount of time from 2002 that they could not do all this though

and also they did not send the aggreement within the legal time scale

does non of this matter

Cap Quest debt recovery

thay are not now asking for the statortory demand they are now asking for some sort of payment and have put the account on hold untill 10 oct before it get sent to collections

Unless you have that they won't be following through with the SD in writing, I wouldn't trust them one inch.

They can put the account on hold for as long as they like. It's Statute Barred

i thought after this amount of time from 2002 that they could not do all this though

They can't

and also they did not send the aggreement within the legal time scale

does non of this matter

Doesn't matter that they sent the agreement late. If it wasn't stat barred and the agreement was good then they could restart collections but as it's SB, they can do bu**er all.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

If no payment nor acknowledgement of any debt owing has been made in the last 6 years(5 years in scotland) the debt is Statute Barred and while they can ask you to pay they cannot persue enforcement action.

fox

so when they did statortory demand were they just bluffing then or can they still do this

how can i find out if it is statue barred for sure when i asked them to send me the credit agreement even though i stated i did not acknoledge the dept has this put me in a bad position

what shal i do now for best just ignore them or ??

so when they did statortory demand were they just bluffing then or can they still do this

They were probably bluffing

how can i find out if it is statue barred for sure when i asked them to send me the credit agreement even though i stated i did not acknoledge the dept has this put me in a bad position

Nope

what shal i do now for best just ignore them or ??

Don't ignore anything that looks legal, come here for advice.

I would just send the Statute Barred letter from here.

The Consumer Forums - Debt collectors

Letter 2.

It's up to them to prove it isn't Statute Barred, not you to prove it is.

You need to think like this...DCAs will send out letters out of the blue many of them computer generated just to get a response and "bully" the account holder into making a payment.

SD/Court Action/Charging Orders/Bankruptcy are the common threats that get a response...and the way they like to do this is for you to call them...

As silverfox advocates the Statute Barred letter is the best response and its up to them to prove otherwise..by producing an agreement and contact record to prove otherwise over the past 6 years...until they do its goodbye Jo

Live Life-Debt Free