style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5315 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Help please, on tuesday of this week I opened the door to a bailliff from eqita, but i did not let them in he handed me a letter stating that i had 24hrs to pay in full. I explained that I was on benefits and could not afford to pay the amount, so he gave me till friday(today) to find £400 which is not possible, they have not gained access to my house and I have not signed anything. Please can some one tell me the best course of action to take. This is stressing me out big style thanks

Guest Happy Contrails

If you are vulnerable person then contact your doctor immediately. Ask for a letter confirming your medical status as a vulnerable person for the purposes of civil enforcement.

A vulnerable person means http://www.dca.gov.uk/enforcement/agents02.htm#part10

The Omnipotent Bailiff Co, Plc

Their Address 1

Their Address 2

Their Address 3

Postcode

DATE

Dear Sir/Madam

Re: Your visit to [1st LINE OF ADDRESS]

I write further to your visit by your bailiff and confirm I have been medically declared by a doctor to be a vulnerable person for the purposes of civil enforcement in the meaning of the National Standards for Enforcement Agents directives.

Where a debtor falling into a vulnerable persons category is discovered by an enforcement agent, the matter shall be referred back to the court and no seizure of goods may proceed.

This document is delivered by Royal Mail and I deem it good service upon you by the ordinary course of post under Section 7 of the Interpretation Act 1978. It is your responsibility and in your best interests this letter is handed to the relevant person within your organisation.

Yours Faithfully

YOUR NAME

And send this letter to the council

Council Tax (Enforcements) Department

Invincible Borough Council

Address 1

Address 2

Address 3

Postcode

[DATE]

Dear Sir/Madam

Re: [YOUR NAME & ANY REF]: Visit by your bailiff

I write further to your visit by your bailiff and confirm I have been medically declared by a doctor to be a vulnerable person for the purposes of civil enforcement in the meaning of the National Standards for Enforcement Agents directives.

Where a debtor falling into a vulnerable persons category is discovered by an enforcement agent, the matter shall be referred back to the court and no seizure of goods may proceed. I therefore ask this case be taken back into council administration within seven (7) days of the date of this letter and confirm in writing to me at the above address.

This document is delivered by Royal Mail and I deem it good service upon you by the ordinary course of post under Section 7 of the Interpretation Act 1978. It is your responsibility and in your best interests this letter is handed to the relevant person within your organisation.

Yours Faithfully

YOUR NAME

if you are claiming benefits ask the council to take your account back as your a vulnerable group

pay your council tax online to the council shows your willing to pay even if small amount

dont talk to bailiffs again

shut all your windows and doors check your garden anything worth of value hide it

if you have a car not on hp hide it

if the bailiff gets no response from you after so many visits they send it back to the council

council told me they expect them to call at least 3 or 4 times

phone yur local councillor and ask him for help

this is the advice i recieved from this site and mine was sent back to the council

good luck and dont worry

your welcome

try not worry

definately phone council ask them to take your account back as your classed as vulnerable person

just got through this myself know how stressful it can be but everything is on your side easy one to sort