Southern Pacific don't like cash payment for mortgage!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4237 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Does anyone else have this problem:

Everytime I pay my monthly mortgage payment into the bank by cash, the mortgage company tell me that because it takes 3-4 days to clear I am in danger of incurring late payment charges.

I have told them repeatedly that as it is cash, it is cleared immediately and goes straight into their bank account.

If it takes 3 or 4 days for them to find it, that is not my problem.

I was told today by one of Southern Pacific's staff that that I was quite wrong and did not know what I was talking about.

I told him he was wrong but he just wanted to talk over me until I said that he was talking out of the back of his head,

whereupon he warned me about my insulting behaviour,

questioned whether I had in fact paid the money in at all and said that he didn't want to have to take me to task about my conduct!

Should I complain or make it clear to them in writing that when I make my payment by cash on the due date,

it should be credited to my account on that date.

Any suggestions?

If you are paying it into their own bank, then it will be received the same day. If you are paying it into another bank then, regardless of whether it is cash or cheque, the bank giro credit will still need to be processed through the bank clearing system and will take 3 working days to hit their account.

Guest Old_andrew2018

With regard to the behaviour of the telephone operative I would write to the CEO of the company complaining about them.

unless it is actually the same branch that they bank at, then i think it all goes through the same clearing system anyhow? might be a 'bit' quicker as its the same 'named' bank, but i'd still leave atleast 24hrs to be sure.

but i agree, the staff member should really not be being so pedantic about it.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• dx100uk changed the title to Southern Pacific don't like cash payment for mortgage!!