Jump to content

CCS - Attendance notice - Please help.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4378 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts

Hi All,

Just this morning i received a hand delivered letter (no envelope), entitled "Attendance notice The clearance of goods". The letter was from CCS enforcement, and went on to say that;-


I called today with transportation to remove your goods. I shall be calling back in the next 48 hours with the police ion attendance if necessary, to complete my task.

I may seize sufficient goods and chattels, blah blah blah..........including motor vehicles.


It has the name of the bailiff in charge, a client reference and a total amount due.

I have no idea what this is for, and i am trying to avoid ringing the bailiff because i know that will be very stressful (i suffer from moderate M.E, and any stress knocks me out for days).


This is what im trying to find out;-


1/ I have a car on the drive that belongs to me. I rely on it to get me everywhere. I cannot do anything without it. Im guessing they will go for the car first as its easy pickings. Earlier on i tried to move the car off the drive and hide it somewhere. Problem is i am not well enough to walk back from anywhere i park the car away from the house!

Im guessing the only thing to do is to "sell" the car to a family member/friend, and then borrow it back. How can i go about this and get sufficient documentation to prove to a bailiff the car is no longer miine?


2/ How do i find out what this debt is for, and how it is made up, without phoning the bailiff? Do they have to provide this information, will it cost me, etc etc.....


Im sorry if this all sounds pretty pathetic, but the level of stress involved stops me thinking rationally, and i dont really no where to start. Any help, will be very gratefully received!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Guest Happy Contrails

Send this to the bailiff by post and by email. make your house and car safe until this matter is resolved.



The Bailiff Company

Their Address 1

Their Address 2

Their Address 3







Dear Sir/Madam




I write following visits by your bailiff however I do not have any debts so I am writing to ask you to provide me the following within seven (7) days:


1) The name of the court that issued the certificate for the bailiff in charge.


2) Written itemised breakdown of a) your fees, and b) the original debt.


3) The name and address of the organisation that instructed you


4) a) Truthfully confirm in writing your fees are lawful and comply with legislation or, b) refund me the unlawful fees plus reasonable compensation for being cheated by your certificated bailiff with his fees by midday the seventh day from the date of this letter.


A bailiff or any other person who dishonestly charges for work that has not been done will be committing an arrestable offence under the Fraud Act 2006. Section 2 of the Act specifically describes a person dishonestly makes a false representation and intends, by making the representation, to make a gain for himself or another, or cause a loss to another, or expose another to a risk of loss therefore, if no satisfactory refund is made to me by 12.00 midday seven (7) days from the date of this letter I will automatically file a complaint to police under the 2006 Fraud Act and the Proceeds of Crime Act 2002. If you have charged VAT on unlawful fees then you may be reported for VAT fraud and your documents will be given in evidence.


Case law requires I recover unlawful bailiffs fees from your client that instructed you. If you fail to make the required refund within seven days I will automatically proceed by filing the claim at court.


This is a letter before action and is not a request to access any personal data as defined under the Data Protection Act 1998.


This letter is delivered by Royal Mail and deem it good service upon you by the ordinary course of post under Section 7 of the Interpretation Act 1978. It now is your responsibility and in your best interests this letter is handed to the relevant person within your organisation.


Yours Sincerely



Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the quick reply. The problem im having is making my car safe. I cant move it anywhere away from the drive for health reasons. Im trying to find some other way of "securing" my car. If anyone has suggestions of a way of doing this i would be grateful.

Link to post
Share on other sites

It should state on the form what the bailiff is collecting for . It may be possible to get the case passed back to the relevant cresitor (council or court) due to you health problems i would think there is every possibility you would be classed as vunerable which means the bailiff must pass the case back.


Someone will be along shortly to help you more with this.

All advice offered is based purely on my own dealings and the help and support i have had from this site.


Copying an of my postings is perfectly fine with me but you may wish to check the spellings.:D

Link to post
Share on other sites

Didn't you give your friend the recipt for it when you sold it a few months ago;) You really need to find out what its for council?parking ticket then you know who to ring and deal with. Do you take prescribed medication for your ME? Don't know if that matters but more info=more help try and PM TomTubby shes the expert on here. But we really need to know what this is for and how much may help.

All advice offered is based purely on my own dealings and the help and support i have had from this site.


Copying an of my postings is perfectly fine with me but you may wish to check the spellings.:D

Link to post
Share on other sites

Pin a letter to your front door saying that "I am a vunerable person and I want you to leave right now. I have contacted your head office regarding this matter and im waiting for a reply by post.I will not talk to you and you have no right to enter my house" and send that letter that slimrabbit just posted.

As for your car, can a friend not move it for you untill you can get this action halted? If you have never heard anything about this debt you could maybe file a statutory declaration but you need to find out what the debt is for.

Send the letter and maybe call the head office and see if they will tell you what the debt is for, once we know what we are dealing with the sooner we can get it sorted.

Lock all doors,windows, garden gates, sheds etc etc so they cant seize anything. DONT open door to the bailiff, talk through window if you feel you have to talk to them. They should just leave when they see the note on the door though. Send all letters by recored post.


Stick with this forum people who know more about this will answer you soon :)

Link to post
Share on other sites


Those who might be potentially vulnerable include:

  • the elderly;
  • people with a disability;
  • the seriously ill;
  • the recently bereaved;
  • single parent families;
  • pregnant women;
  • unemployed people; and,
  • those who have obvious difficulty in understanding, speaking or reading English

Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry its taken so long to follow up. I think i let myself get a bit too worked up on thursday, and ended up having to stay in bed until this morning.

I have managed to get a friend to move the car off of the drive, and around the corner. Only problem is im now effectively trapped at home.

I guess nothing really can happen until i find out what this is for. I will send that letter off ASAP perhaps with a few minor alterations (i have a problem being aggressive, even to debt collectors!)- i also feel uncomfortable telling them i have no debts because that would be a lie, and i dont want them thinking i can afford to pay them! I just have no idea what this debt is for!

Looking at those vulnerable persons guidelines it looks like i fall under the seriously ill category. I do take prescribed medication for my ME by way of weekly injections at the doctors. Also if i lose my car, no more injections!

Thank you all so much for all your help thus far.

Link to post
Share on other sites


  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...