• Tweets

• Do you have a previous thread about this case, lindyhop? I don't think we can advise in isolation.   HB
    • Hi Looking for help to write a letter to the courts, following agreement by the other party (claimant) to allow an extension so that i can formalise my defence.    
    • So I will plead guilty and attend court. When they ask me if I have any further thing to say, I'm planning to write it down, bring it with me so that I don't get freak out. Could you help me review it?   Dear your Honor and the TfL team,   My name is [...]. I have been studying in the UK for nearly 9 years, currently holding a Tier 4 Student Visa.   I am attending the court today for fare evasion charges that I have committed and feel ashamed for what I did. What I did was not appropriate and has caused trouble for TfL and the public purse themselves; therefore, please consider my most sincere apologies. This is my first and my last ever offence that I will ever committed.   Over the course since this happened, I have been considering on how to get back on track and be a better person for the society and for myself. I have been obeying TfL policy ever since and do not plan to repeat my crime ever again. I also want you to please consider my mitigation circumstances upon my punishment, I have been in the country for a long time for my academic research and planning to apply for a leave to remain after my study finishes, this can affect largely to my application. I am half way to my Doctorate research and I really hope that I can continue to finish my research. If there is a conviction on my record, there is a chance that my university will reconsider and postpone my research which will be devastating for my academic development which my parents have heavily invested in. Moreover, because I have been spending all my time in the country, if I then come back to my country ,I will be more lost because I have developed into the custom. My parents are now all retired and I hope after finishing my studies,I can get a good job to support them, with this conviction on my record, it will be more difficult for myself to find a good job in order to repay for what my parents have done for me.   I hope you can please consider my plea, I will be more than grateful to pay for all the unpaid fare and administration cost for the court and TfL.   Once again, thank you for listening and I apologise for my behaviour 
    • I said I want to start a change back, I said it was fraud, passed to 2 departments, and they said nothing could be done. They wish they could.   Don't use your mobile one handed and push up the screen with out thinking a cash grab is at work.
    • I think it's certainly snake oil, and may just be an enormous bluff. Cireco is not registered with ICO, nor is it named as a trading name of RLP (which it should if they claim it's under their registration).  They can't process data without consent, and I don't think their silly 'shoplifting register' falls under the data processing exemption for crime prevention or legal reasons, since all are just unsubstantiated allegations.   
  • Our picks

MoneySuperbroke

MoneySuperbroke -v- A&L

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3564 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I am in a simlar situation where I moved my banking to A&L as they promised me £150.

They badly messed up the transfer which resulted in me having missed payments on my mortgage and bils and I had to manually contact each debits to move back to my old bank.

They sent me a letter stating there would be no charges and I then sent a

letter of complaint. They replied that itwould take some time to look into this and after 2 months, a reply has come back asking me for £250 !!!

I am shocked and not sure what to do next as I have already sent in a full complaint. Is there a way I can contact someone who can help - at A&L or a help organisation?

Hi MS,

I've moved your post into your own thread to avoid hijack.

Are you now with A&L or back with the old bank again.

Have you any idea why they want £250 back from you. If you don't know, write to them and ask for details. Remind them that, if they fail to reply promptly or reasonably, you'll lodge a formal complaint with the FOS.

Is it possible that you do, in fact, owe them the £250 after the mix-up.

The bank may be willing to waive charges but, if you DO owe this amount, they may still want it.

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

As I have never recieved a satement, I have no idea what the charges are for right now. I am drafting a letter to find out why it has taken 9 weeks to reply to my origional letter of complaint and also why I didnt know about any charges for 9 weeks as it has obviously got worse over the 9 weeks with charges leading to charges.

I am now back with my old bank and wish I hadnt bothered trying to take advantage of a too good to be true offer.

Hi MSB,

May be an idea to send them a SAR so you can see exactly what happened on the a/c during the chageover, and since.

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

I finally got a call from them after waiting a long time.

I now owe £350 in charges on a 50p overdraft.

They say that I did not tick the box asking to transfer my salary, so they only ticked the box asking to transfer debits. I know that I did tick this box as the website offered a £150 incentive to do so.

The events are as follows:

1) sign up for bank account at end of april

2) receive a letter shortly afterwards thanking me

3) recieve bank cards and security in june

4) notice in july that my mortgage and all bills have bounded

5) contact a&l and they say that they cannot help me

6) also find out that overdraft is not granted

7) transfer money into the account to cover bills

8) recieve a letter from a&l notifying me of the changes

9) cancel all debits and move back to old bank

i never once received a letter from them tellimg me when anythng would happen so i had no idea when my debits were moving. i also had no idea that by money in wasnt moving and i had no idea that i was moving from a current account with an overdraft to a current account without an overdraft. if they had sent one letter, email or phone call all problems could have been avoided.

they lady on the phone offered to cancel all charges and close the account.

i said that i would like them to cancel the charges, give me the £100 for moving to the account and cover the other charges that i have incurred with dropped direct debits. she refused so i asked her to put her offer in writing.

she said that a&l have a copy of the form i submitted (from the website) and that i am at fault for this and as the FOS deal in FACTS they would always side with me.

as far as i can see any charges incurred are not my fault, 25 charge for a 50p overdraft is ridiculous and the further charges are due to them having taken 10 weeks to respond to my complaint. however it seemed like i should be grateful it is not more charges and take it while i can.

anyone please tell me what i can do please?

You'll only find out more by sending a SAR I guess.

Decide if it's worth pursuing.

If A&L have agreed to refund all chgs, that's good.

However, if this has caused you to incur charges on your old a/c, you should seek reimbursement from A&L for this.

Thanks all for the help so far.

Following on from last week, I recieved a formal request for payment and in addition a letter stating that the offer of closing the account without charges is open for 8 weeks.

They also enclose a set of letters that I did not recieve, I am unsure if they did send them or not as one of the letters was not discussed during our lengthy phone call and this letter would have nullified the majority of my issues.

Should I respond with another letter or will the FO be of assistance?

Hi MSB,

TBH the FOS will be very slow to respond and may not necessarily find in your favour.

From what I undestand so far, I think you should accept the offer to close the a/c with no charges.

Then, if you find that they have caused you to incur costs or charges with your old bank, or any of the people you would pay by DD's or SO's, send them a letter reclaiming such amounts.

If/when they refuse to pay, sue them !! :D