3 mobile - need to switch from contract to pay as you go before end of contract

mjk101
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5309 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I have been with 3 mobile for about 3 years and am 6 months into a new contract. I am in debt and need to cancel my contract. I am happy to switch to pay as you go but do not want to pay the contract cancellation charge.

Can anyone give me any help on how to approach this as i am expecting 3 to be very un-helpful as i have a contract.

thanks

I don't think there is any real way to get out of the contract, the usual advice is to try and change tariff's to the lowest one possible which then should also reduce the cancellation fee.

I reside in Dawlish Warren but am not a rabbit.

Your only option is to assign the contract to someone else who takes on your commitment. (Relative, family friend etc) as without this, you are tied to the promisde you made for the minimum term. Also, they will report any payment delays to your credit file, and this can be viewed by other firms.

How many months early did you ask them to switch you? (From the minimum term?). Orange will always try to switch all customers terminating a contract onto PAYG, and naturally with no commitment outstanding, there is no additional charge.

How many months early did you ask them to switch you? (From the minimum term?). Orange will always try to switch all customers terminating a contract onto PAYG, and naturally with no commitment outstanding, there is no additional charge.

I can't remember exactly as it was a while ago but probably about five months or so to go til end of contract.