Help with my British Gas account

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4245 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Been in a bit of financial difficulty in the last 12 months and we have not been able to keep up with our payment plan at BG so now they are saying that we can either have the prepay metre installed or if we ignore it then they will give us a warrant and we'll have no choice to have one installed and we'll have to pay an extra £300.

I told the guy on the phone that we are pretty much just left with clearing up our BG account and we can offer them some money p/m but he said it will not do and we have to pay up in full or have a metre fitted but with the metre option we cannot afford to pay back what he said the repayments would be. I also said that currently we are on benefits and just about get by but he then reverted back to telling us about the metre option.

I want to clear up this debt ASAP as we are needing to downsize our property but do not want to take any existing debts with us and we do not want any CCJ's because it will be harder for us to rent a new property, does anyone have any advice on what to do?

where is your meter?

if it is above head height, they wouldnt fit a meter on health and safety grounds... if they just have down internal then tell them it would be dangerous for you to reach on a chair etc - meaning a payment plan or fuel direct would need to be set

if it's outside then agree to the meter - the repayments would only be your consumption plus an agreed amount for the debt