Why I found CAG

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5174 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This article in Credit Today (the mag I love to hate) made me realise how far I have come in the last three years - and how thankful I am for this website and the friends I have made on it. It was my dealings with the guy called Andy in this article which brought me here - his dodgy bailiff was the reason I googled and came up with this forum, and one of the then members helped get rid of them for good.

I must admit I was stunned when I read the article, then really pleased, revenge has been very sweet today - particularly as I am helping somebody else with major bailiff issues.

Credit Today online

Well done to CAG for opening my eyes and helping me climb out the debt mountain, two more debts to go then I am clear - only the 'unsubstantiated' ones left, ie 'mortgage repossession shortfall' and an odd entry on my credit file which is being worked on...

CAG has also brought back my sense of self worth and usefullness.

it was a TV programme that got me here, I could not believe what I was hearing after years of being bullied by banks.

Nice to have power for once and to bash the banks back and every other barsteward who was piling on the pressure. I always intended to pay people and indeed have but they were taking so much money from us we did not have a chance.

Marc Gander for prime minister

Edited by hilaryfrances

credit today forum - what someone has posted today

Afternoon all

Generally all we hear is doom and gloom from the media so I would be interested to know if anyone has any success stories or has experienced any positive changes within their industry.

Looking forward to your comments

they will have a long wait:D till they get a positive reply

it was a TV programme that got me here, I could not believe what I was hearing after years of being bullied by banks.

Nice to have power for once and to bash the banks back and every other barsteward who was piling on the pressure. I always intended to pay people and indeed have but they were taking so much money from us we did not have a chance.

Marc Gander for prime minister

Tv programme? June 06? Which one was it, Hills?

Natwest CCJ then more court action coutesy of Howard Cohen.

-

PLEASE NOTE - I am not a legal expert, my comments are based on information learnt or

obtained and from my own experiences.

-

Case 1 - C L Finance - Court Case 'Stayed' :-). Stay Lifted - N149 AQ Received & Filed. Case Struck Out :grin:

-

Case 2 - C L Finance - Defence Filed. N150 AQ Received & Filed. Case 'Settled by Consent' :)

-

Case 3 - EOS Solutions - No Agreement - Account Closed ~£3500. :grin:

-

Advice & opinions offered freely but informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment and seek advice from a qualified and insured professional if you have any doubts.

I keep a very nice letter from Abbey as a memento...telling me they're going to do away with my overdraft...

it's cost them a hell of a lot of money, and I've had loads of fun as a result:p:D;)

All advice offered here is my opinion only based on what I would do in a given situation. If you wish to act on it you do so at your own discretion

I have no legal expertise or qualification, and give advice on the basis of my own experience and nothing else.

hello there bookie, I think it was Tonight. I remeber Marc talking to someone and saying the reason he had started to question the legality of bank charges is when he did not have enough money left to buy one of his children some new shoes as the bank had taken so much money out of his account.

Edited by hilaryfrances

I was "served" (second class post) with a SD for an alleged debt that was actually statute barred!

I was soooo scared, I was sure I would lose my job, my good name and my families' respect. I nervously put the word Statutory Demand into a google search and CAG popped up!

Ive never looked back since thanks to the help and support of everyone on CAG and in no small way to 42man who deserves a medal! He kept me sane and talked me through the technicalities of the set aside application and how to behave/address the judge in court on my day.

Ist crudit and Con-naught definately met their match!

Advice given is my opinion only, I am not a legal or financial expert (far from it).

My daughter, long story and a lot of heartache, however with the help of Ell and others she is in a far better place than 3 years ago and has kept her home. Can't thank you all enough, it's true there is safety in numbers and 2 heads are better than one !

Regards and gratitude :)

Regards

LilyLou

If I have been helpful please tip my scales

Any advice/comments I give are based solely on personal experience, if in doubt please consult an expert.

It was those infamous cretins from the C4 Dispatches Undercover Debt Collector Programme.... MARLIN FINANCIAL SERICES!! :D

They told me over the phone that they had been awarded 8% interest after judgement. I googled them and lo and behold the results were mainly threads on CAG, which I devoured as a guest and then became a memeber to start my own thread.... haven't looked back since.. CCJ set aside and now hopefully taking them to the cleaners.:p

Haven't reduced any of my debts yet but I'm feeling empowered by everything I've learned and it's a work in progress..;)

Spam. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

They say money talks......mine just keeps saying "Goodbye"

I googled PPI and discovered the site. Have had loads of help since (don't know how I would have managed the spreadsheets without PF's help)!

Also had help with insurance, disabilities, dwp etc. Its been great! Can't believe I hadn't heard of Cag sooner though.

It helps just reading the site - knowledge really is power. Its so easy to do the wrong thing through ignorance.

Edited by Jan4a
typo

Ditto :)

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

If you remember a woman with a strange accent speaking to Martin Lewis

Speaking? I don't recall any speaking, just noise.

It's maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahh moooooooooooooooooooooneyyy

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

During my moment of clarity (mental clarity, not the dodgy DCA!!!) when I realised that the definition of madness is repeating the same actions over and over again and expecting a different result. Started Googling my various woes and found this wondrous place. :p

As many others on here, haven't seen a cent out of anything I've got going on yet, but feeling far better able to deal with it all and getting cockier by the day quite frankly. :D

Hmm ... started originally with bank charges when googling - went first to Martin Lewis website and somehow chose this site:D easier to get around and success with every claim:p Then realised the potential of mis-sold PPI - great successes. Then the ball went on the other foot and have been defending OH claims - so far 2 discontinued and one at exchange of docs stage. Ho-hum, life is never boring:p CAG has been literally a life saver for both of us and a tremendous source of knowledge and help - thank you one and all x

• 4 months later...

Just found this thread. Seems a shame it fizzled out so soon!!!

Here`s my bit to help revive it, because it seems quite a good link to send some of the " Newbies " to.

It Will Help to Ease their Furrowed Brow and Enable Them Realise They DO Have Rights. AND, THEY ARE NOT ALONE.

I found CAG after I overheard our so called Account Manager threatening My Wife on Our Doorstep!!!:x

She had been Telling Me for Years. How They would Harass Her every month, turn Up at Her Work etc. We ALL Know the Story. I had chosen to ignore her. I was blaming her for getting behind with payments etc.

My Way of Thinking was, How can This Company ( Welscum Finance) be Wrong. If there are Problems with the Account then, because they are a Reputable Company, and Helped Us out when We needed Help with finance and No One Else Would Touch Us ( same old, same old....). My Wife Must be at Fault.

When I had Finished Ripping a Big Piece off of the Lying, Bullying Piece of Excrement who was supposedly Managing Our Account, I sat down with My Ladyand through the Tears, I Deciphered what Had Been Happening through Out All the Time, and All the Accounts We had With This **** Company.

I CAN NOT Put into Words How BAD I Felt,and Still Feel About How Much I had Let Her Down.

I Googled Welscum (I can`t even print their proper title now) Finance. The Very First Link Was CAG, and Well Basically the Rest is History.

All of Our Stuff is with FOS. So We Play the Waiting Game, For Now. In the Meantime I am Gaining More and More Knowledge Every Day, About Consumer Rights. I Am Even Giving What I Hope is Good Advice. I Try To Help Where Ever I Can.

The Thing is Apart From Being Better Than Any Novel I Have Ever Read, CAG Is Great Fun Too. The People Here are Second to Non. The Knowledge IS Astounding AND Empowers ALL Who Chose To Use It To Join In What I Swear Is MY Lifes Work. That is To Destroy These Cheating Lying Fraudsters and Uncover Any And All the Corruption Within The Financial Market Place (sorry, excuse for a rant ).

Cheers and Thank You ALL of My CAGGER FRIENDS.

I am Also Hav

I found this site by typing Brighthouse into a search engine. I joined after seeing what other customers had to put up with. I have had a lot of help myself in the forums and spend my spare time trying to help others.

:cool::cool: Blondmusic :cool::cool: