• Tweets

• Thank you for that i thought id just ask as i was unsure.  Just hope its returned to me and doesnt spend the rest of its life going back and forth to Singapore  
    • Thanks @lolerz. I've attached it to the post. What do you think? What's the organ grinder? NTK.pdf
    • I'm afraid that if the value of the item was under declared then that is probably the best that you can hope for. Also, because the item was incorrectly addressed – even by a single letter, if that because the issue relating to the delivery then that has probably compounded the problem. There is probably very little that can be done. If you are lucky you will get the item back and then you can start again and declare it properly. Undervaluing parcels which are sent by any means is always going to cause a problem if the item is lost or damaged. It may mean that the cost of delivery is slightly less – but at the end of the day the risk becomes yours. When you enter into any kind of contract, effectively you declare it a level of risk to your contracting partner – and they decide to enter into the contract with you based on that level of risk. You have declared a level of risk and £50 – and that's the deal.   Additionally, undervaluing an item which is an internationally has the effect also of evading customs and any VAT system which is in force in that country – and that makes the whole thing a little bit more serious
    • Perfect. Nice and brief and to the point. You don't bother to start telling your life story. Just the way it should be. Send it off. You have probably done enough reading to understand that it won't make any difference don't start drafting your particulars of claim. Open an account with the MoneyClaim County Court system and start preparing. Post your particulars of claim here before you click it off. You may have noticed that at some point you will be asked if you want to go to mediation on this. We used to advise it but now we recommend that you decline mediation and go to trial. Your chances of success are much better than 95%. Going to trial will incur an additional hearing fee but of course you will get that back. However if you go to mediation, they will simply try to penny pinch and to get you to compromise and also they will sign you up to a confidentiality agreement and probably threaten you if you breach it. Not only that, if the mediation fails because you stand your ground, it will add additional delay while they then give you a date to go to trial. The best thing to do is to decline mediation – prepare for court hearing. Pay the extra fee. The chances are that rather than get a judgement against them they will then offer you a full settlement rather than go to court. If they do offer you full settlement then you will be obliged to accept it – but that's what you want. If they don't offer you full settlement then you will go to trial and there will be a judgement against them. Just so that you understand, our first interest is that you get your money back – but a close second is that it does go to trial and there is a judgement which we will then be able to use to help other people. Anyway as you should realise, we will help you all the way.
    • I sent a parcel to Singapore but i spelt the address incorrecltly by 1 letter so the parcel couldnt be delivered and was returned back to the Uk but checking the tracking today the parcel had returned to the UK but is somehow on its way back to Singapore as the tracking says "Item leaving the UK"    Ive spoken ( tweeted) Royal Mail help who confirm that the parcel seems to be going back to Singapore and that if its not " Delivered" by the 29th of April theyll deem it as lost and will accept a claim but i cant remeber when booking what the compensation amount was but i dont think it covers the amount of the item.  As it was my fault that it wasnt delivered in the first place can i trey and claim the full amount back ? i think if i remember correctly it was £50 compensation but the item was £170 So the timeline is thus ...   22nd Of March .    Booked via P2G & dropped off a Post Office.  25th March arrives in Singapore and goes through customs ect ect 26th   Incorrect address and item is flagged as "return to sender" 28th Item leaves Overseas intenational processing centre 15th of April , Item is leaving the Uk (Again)   ?    
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Transcom/Paragon

nell62
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4381 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi am asking for any advice you can give me....am going out of my mind with worry over this

we took out a loan with paragon abiut 12yrs ago for 15,000 unfortunately we had some money problems and went with Payplan a dmc...paid Paragon the agreed monthly payment for about 5 yrs then found we were in a position to settle our creditors...when we came to settle with pargon they said the debt was now over 13,000....obviously paragon were adding interest during this period ...while i was in dispute with them they sold the debt to ARROW GLOBAL who in turn have TRANSCOM acting on their behalf....I wrote and asked transcom for a copy of the original agreement and a breakdown of where paragon had come up with the figure ..had a reply off transcom in dec 2007 saying that they had requested a copy of the agreement and would be in toch with us when they received it....I heard nothing from them until this weekend..(nearly 2ys later..)...saying the same thing...that they had asked for a copy of the agreement and would get in touch with me when they received it...

what do i do know?...wait for them to get back to me?....or is there something else i should do?...by the way the debt has now risen to over 19,000

from what i have read on here today my understanding is that i will be liable for the full 19,000!!!!....

am worried out of my mind ...to the point i have had to take a day off work today to see if i can get any help in this matter

please someone give me some advice!!!!

kind regards..

Nell62

Hi I would Subject Acess Request Paragon. Costs £10 send the letter recorded - do not sign. This should return all the info Paragon have on you. You say that you have paid them for 5 or more years? I wonder if they have not applied your payments to your account? Seems to me something is wrong with the maths -You should also send the account in dispute letter as they failed to supply the aggrement two years ago.

Please don't panic.

You can also send this:

ACCOUNT IN DISPUTE

Date:

Ref:

Dear Sir/Madam

Thank you for your letter of xx/xx/xx, the contents of which have been noted.

You have failed to respond to my legal request to supply me a true copy of the original Consumer Credit Agreement for the above account.

On **DATE** I made a formal request for a true signed agreement for the alleged account under consumer credit Act 1974 s77/8. This was signed for as delivered on the **DATE**

You have failed to comply with my request, and as such the account entered default on **DATE** (12+2 days after you made the initial request).

The document that you are obliged to send me is a true copy of the executed agreement that contained all of the prescribed terms, all other required terms and statutory notices and was signed by both your company and myself as defined in section 61(1) of CCA 74 and subsequent Statutory Instruments. If the executed agreement contained any reference to any other document, you are also obliged to send me a copy of that document. In addition a full statement of this account should have been sent to me detailing all debits and credits to the account.

Furthermore, you are aware that the Consumer Credit Act allows 12 working days for a request for a true copy of a credit agreement to be carried out before you/your client enters into a default situation.

This limit has expired.

As you are no doubt aware section 78(6) states:

If the creditor fails to comply with Subsection (1)

(a) He is not entitled , while the default continues, to enforce the agreement.

Therefore this account has become unenforceable at law.

As you have failed to comply with a lawful request for a true, signed copy of the said agreement and other relevant documents mentioned in it, Failed to send a full statement of the account and Failed to provide any of the documentation requested. You will also be aware of the CPUTR 2008 and the OFT's guidelines on debt collection which state under the title Deceptive and/or unfair methods - Examples of unfair practices are as follows - 2.8

(i) - 'Failing to investigate and/or provide details as appropriate, when a debt is queried or disputed, possibly resulting in debtors being wrongly pursued'

(k) - 'Not ceasing collection activity whilst investigating a reasonable queried or disputed debt'

Consequentially any legal action you pursue will be averred as both UNLAWFUL and VEXATIOUS.

Furthermore I shall counterclaim that any such action constitutes unlawful harassment.

Please note you may also consider this letter as a statutory notice under section 10 of the Data Protection Act to cease processing any data in relation to this account with immediate effect.

This means you must remove all information regarding this account from your own internal records and from my records with any credit reference agencies.

Should you refuse to comply, you must within 21 days provide me with a detailed breakdown of your reasoning behind continuing to process my data.

It is not sufficient to simply state that you have a ‘legal right’; You must outline your reasoning in this matter and state upon which legislation this reasoning depends.

Should you not respond within 14 days I expect that this means you agree to remove all such data.

Furthermore you should be aware that a creditor is not permitted to take ANY

Action against an account whilst it remains in dispute.

The lack of a credit agreement is a very clear dispute and as such the following applies.

* You may not demand any payment on the account, nor am I obliged to offer any payment to you.

* You may not add further interest or any charges to the account.

* You may not pass the account to a third party.

* You may not register any information in respect of the account with any credit reference agency.

* You may not issue a default notice related to the account.

I reserve the right to report your actions to any such regulatory authorities as I see fit.

You have 14 days from receiving this letter to contact me with your intentions to resolve this matter which is now a formal complaint.

I would appreciate your due diligence in this matter.

I look forward to hearing from you in writing.

Yours faithfully

xx x xxxx

DO NOT SIGN

Disgusting.....no agreement then the debt would be unenforceable - have a read here - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/204549-paragon-home-visit.html

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/200837-out-letter-paragon.html

I'd also be pretty sure that if this type of debt went in front of a judge, he/she would not allow enforcement as this would be an unfair agreement and verging on Loan shark activity !!!

Hi do i send the dispute notice to paragon or transcom?....it is transcom who i asked originally for the copy of the credit agreement.....they are the ones who did not reply for 2yrs

regards..Nell

Right guys....I have printed the letters both waiting to be posted....thank you all for your help

one thing though....when and if i get any replies...do i post my questions in this thread or is it best if i start a new one?...

regards

Nell

Hi Guys.....Help needed please

I sent the SAR letter to Paragon and have had a reply today saying that

they sold the debt to "arrow global ltd" in nov 2007 and could i send all correspondance to them from now on....

what do i do now?.....go to arrow for the info or keep on to paragon?.....altough paragon has sold the debt surely they would have all the info still on their files!!!!....

have required more info on them since last wrote

the original loan was for 15,000 when we went with payplan the outstanding balance was 13.430....after paying paragon 10,100 during that period my calculations were that we owed them 3,000ish....we now have a debt of over 19.000!!!!!!

what is going on there?....paragon have washed their hands of it after gaining everything and losing nothing!!!!!!

is disgusting that these companies can get away with this type of business

right rant over with....:mad:

cheers

Nell

Absolutely correct....there should be at the very least a letter of assignment (if they say they sold the debt on) and screen shots / records of payment / statements......wait until the 40 days are up then either send them a LETTER BEFORE ACTION giving them 7 days to provide the information OR report them to the ICO (this could take ages) - few useful links for you if you want to take the court route to enforce them to comply with your SAR

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloyds-bank/49571-havinastella-lloyds-tsb-3.html

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/legal-issues/200771-starting-court-claim-sar.html

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/legal-issues/204306-fox-cap1-dpa-sar.html

You could also use the CPR31.16 to get them to reveal a valid assignment....if they don't have one (and there should be one from 2007 !!!) then they aren't keeping proper records....have you got the means for a solicitor ?

Looks like Paragoon know they've got something to hide. Keep that letter as evidence that they are refusing to comply with the Data Protection Act 1998.

While Transcon remain in default of your CCA request, you need not worry about having to pay out more money.

1) Write back to Paragoon reminding them that selling an account on has no relevance to their obligations under the Data Protection Act 1998. Tell them that the 40 days they have to comply started when they received your SAR and that this timescale still applies.

2) Get ready to complain to the Information Commissioner's Office about non-compliance with the Data Protection Act 1998, even though they are widely regarded as being useless.

3) Get ready to issue court papers against Paragoon. Have a look here -

Data Protection Act: Non-Compliance - Consumer Wiki

What are they hiding, I wonder?

SH

paragon also sent the SAR and the postal order back to me in the letter today.....should i resend with a covering letter?...while waiting for the 40days.....

Yes, send the original letter (take a copy for your own file if you don't already have one) and the PO back to them, with a letter pointing out that the selling on of an account does not affect their duties under the Data Protection Act 1998.

Although you are entitled to see everything they hold on you, it is better if the letter specifically mentions anything which is important. Here is a link to a good letter -

http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/576-subject-access-request-debt-a-dca.html

Also, make sure you make it clear to them that the ORIGINAL timescale still applies - 40 days from the FIRST letter.

SH

Have written the letter and is readt to be posted as I type this

Thank you all for your help....will keep you posted on the outcome

please do'nt go away....think i will need a LOT of your advice in the near future....:)

Nell x

Guys

we're the same Paragon etc sold on debt to Arrow - first had to deal with a crowd called Copes - they couldn't service the SAR request, now lies with Bryan Carter & Co. all they have supplied is an illegible photocopy of an CCA agreement of which the only clear part of is is our signatures!

The T&Cs state the usual Disclosure statement (DPA 1984) .....We will only exchange and disclose information within the Paragon Group...etc, etc, etc.

However section 8 © of the T&Cs state: The customer(s) irrevocably authories the company to make any check required or verify information and to disclose details of their transaction with the Company to any person for any purpose connected with the business of any holding company of the company.....etc, etc.

Does the above contradict the DPA statement?

As the loan was taken out in 1999 should the DPA 1998 not apply?

Were Paragon legally allowed to sell this debt?

Should I have been informed that the debt was assigned?

Thanks in anticipation

Hi Guys.....

I have had a reply from Paragon today regarding the letter i sent last week requesting the SAR.....THEY SAY AGAIN!!

"As you know yur loan was sold to Arrow Global in 2007 and they were provided with the credit agreement and all documentation regarding the account....and are therefore unable to comply with my request for a SAR as they are no longer in possesion of the documents......and request that we get in contact with Arrow"

they also returned the postal order that i sent to them.....only this time they did'nt return the letter i sent......(last time they did......it was stamped and dated by them which i took a photo copy of..)..

I have also had a letter from Arrow today.....(only the second one i have ever had from them.....is always transcom..)....replying to the letter i sent to transcom in dispute of them not complying to my request in 2007.....it says

"they note the content of the letter dated 29th sept....in particular section 10 of the data protestion act.....and to note that arrow global is entitled to process the data and does so in a lawful manner....i am indebted to the company and appropriate notice has been given to me....pursuant to the law property act 1925...and the data is processed as a consequence of the above for lawful purposses...theyare aware we are still waiting for a copy of the agreement and confirm that no activity will take place while this is outstanding!

phew!!!!......been a busy morning with the post box....:)

any help on how to respond to these guys would be very appreciated

thank guys...x

I'd say that they would have at least a record of a notice of assignment. And they need to keep certain records to comply with the money laundering regulations. They would also have some sort of computerised data - even if it was a screen shot account.....I'd report them to the ICO if it was me.