formal/informal?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5322 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, this is my first post, so please forgive me if I drag on a bit..:)

Was suspended from work with full pay on 2 allegations - had investigative interview (allowed work colleague), to determine facts and whether "no further action" or "disciplinary action" would be the end result. I was assured that this was purely fact-finding and without prejudice or pre-judgement.

Interviewed by person totally disconnected to my role (although obviously employed by Company)

I was advised would hear by "end of week" - received no contact, so I contacted them via telephone.

I was advised that findings from interview had been handed on to my Line Manager and I was requested to make myself available for a "Non-Disciplinary discussion" on a one-2one with my Line Manager.???

I am well clued up on employment law and procedures, but I have never come across this before? I have searched on-line, checked out ACAS and Company Procedures......this has got me stumped, to say the least.:confused:

Would anyone be able to shed some light on this??.....I have various scenarios running thru my head at the minute, but somebody else's input would be greatly appreciated.

Thankyou

sorry, it's a bit late at night, but i'd be inclined to just flatly respond with 'stick to yer disciplinary procedure'. sounds like they're looking to compromise to their advantage. they might just drop things if ya stand firm

yeh, they want to save face with an informal 'look, just don't do it again, ok?', rather than have to formally withdraw the accusation. Up to you. I wouldn't let em put a black mark against my name.

That's one scenario covered...:)

Thankyou Elpulpo:)

To me it sounds like this talk is to get further information before they start disciplinary action. I'd be careful. I've seen it happen.

Have they sent you the letter of suspension? And have the clearly outlined the reason for the investigation?

And aplogies if I read this wrong, did your colleague investigate you and not your superior?

Edited by dx_

Hi,

Yes it was a colleague who interviewed me.

Yes I have my letter of suspension, both reasons for suspension discussed in interview.

Surely if this was a further fact finder, then why would I be advised I do not need anyone with me? And why would I be told it is not disciplinary?

I'm surprised a colleague interviewed you. Doesn't sound like correct procedure.

From experience, I saw how my company trapped employees with informal meetings that led to disciplinary action against them. It was usually a way to dig further and add to the allegations, building a stronger case against the employee. I'm not saying that this could be the case here.

I don't want to scare you, just be cautious. I also think you can have someone with you if that makes you confortable.

:) Oh good, I was starting to worry that I was worrying you further. I'm sure LM would be charmng in the meeting, getting you to open up, but...

Keep it cool with him/her and if you need someone to sit in with you, ask them. If LM refuses, secrectly record the meeting. :D;)

Appeals and ET looming!!!:mad:

Just been handed letter of Summary Dismisal quoting Gross Misconduct!

LM citing reason for asking me to come in was due to "uncertainty of when I would receive letter due to postal strike"!!!!!

Let the Games Commence!:mad: