1 year having problems obtaining my statutory credit report.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4287 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys.

I believe my problem could be pretty unique and can't find anything similar (although in this world I wouldn't be surprised to find many people with the same problem)

Ok.

Around 6 years ago, (Edit:-5 years and 5 months ago) earning £120 a week, with a mortgage and after getting myself (through no ones fault but my own) into some serious financial trouble, my Spanish girlfriend decided to move back to Spain and asked me to go with her which I did..

My little flat was worth little over £20,000 and my debt was around £45,000.

I decided to rent out my house and did so successfully at first.

I called each of the banks and other financial establishments I had credit with and offered them a pro rata amount based on the rent I was receiving and as you can probably guess, the staff member in the call centre informed me their was no alternative but to pay the full monthly amount.

As a last resort I told them to put me in touch with someone who could negotiate with me or "never here from me again". They all laughed me off. the phone.. (Every one of them)

Rightly or wrongly, believing the house would be repossessed I ignored them all, ignored the flat and everything else.

THAT WAS 5 AND A HALF YEARS AGO!

Now, I am getting a bit closer to the crux of my post.

In the last year the only debt I can view on-line (1 credit card and 1 loan through the same company) have gone (or seem to have gone or been sold) A year ago my credit card balance went from £3,000 in the red to £0.

In the last month my loan has went from £5,000 in the red to being removed from my "account summary" with no trace of a loan being their (on the customer interface at least)

There are 3 or 4 other companies I owe/owed money to although not living in the UK I am having trouble getting ANY info.

I tried last year to get my credit report using my last known address (My flat which I presume is long repossessed)

I had no luck as I couldn't "prove my address"

I called them all for info and none could help me (or wanted to help me)

Today, I applied through Equifax and Experian for my credit report after talking to my mother who is willing to go through all the problems this could bring her and let me use her address as it is where I stay when I am home.

BOTH TOOK THE PAYMENT OF £2 BEFORE TELLING ME I COULDN'T HAVE MY CREDIT REPORT WITHOUT SENDING THEM PROOF OF ADDRESS.

(I have no problem with security, it is 100% necessary, however, I have no Bills, I have no credit at this address, I have no benefits, but surely I still have a right to my "statutory credit report")

I told them I could send my passport, I could send back any letter they wish to send me, I could send a copy of my driving license which has my mothers address.

THEY ARE NOT INTERESTED.

I know I have made mistakes, large ones and many, but now I am trying to fix it no one is interested.

How do I get my credit report?

Who regulates this?

Who can I contact for help?

I would be very grateful for any help!

Thanks

MB

Edited by madrid bear
After reading about "6 years" I thought I should edit that paragraph.

Hello and Welcome, madrid bear.

I'll move this thread to the appropriate Forum.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert