• Tweets

• Should this to be take into court with him or should he send something in earlier?
    • This is the other sign  parking sign 1a.pdf
    • 4 means that they need to name and then tell the people who will be affected that there has been an application made, what the application relates to (specificially "whether it relates to the exercise of the court’s jurisdiction in relation to P’s property and affairs, or P’s personal welfare, or to both) and what this application contains (i.e what order they want made as a result of it) 5 just means that teh court think it is important that the relevant people are notified 7 means that the court need more information to make the application, hence they have then made the order of paragraph 1 which requires the applicant to do more - this means the court can't make a decision with the current information, and need more, hence paragraph one of the order is for the applicant to do more. paragraph 3 of the order gives you the ability to have it set aside, although if it was made in january you are very late. Were you notiifed of the application or not?    
    • These are the photos of the signs. At the entrance there is a 7h free sign. On some bays there is a permit sign.  Also their official website is misleading as it implies all parking is free.  I can't be certain of the exact parking bay I was in that day, and there was no PCN ticket on my car and no other evidence was provided.  parking sign 2.pdf
    • Hi, In my last post I mentioned I had received an email from SS who were asking me to hand over the keys to my mother’s flat so they could pass them to the Law firm who have been appointed court of protection to access, secure and insure my mother’s property.  Feeling this, all quickly getting out of my hands I emailed ss requesting proof of this. I HAVEN’T HEARD BACK FROM SS.  Yesterday, I received an email (with attached court of protection order) from the Law Firm confirming this was correct (please see below a copy of this).  After reading the court of protection order I do have some concerns about it:   (a)   I only found out yesterday, the Law firm had been appointed by the court back in January.  Up until now, I have not received any notification regarding this.  (b)   Section 2   - States I am estranged from my mother.  This is NOT CORRECT    The only reason I stepped back from my mother was to protect myself from the guy (groomer) who had befriended her & was very aggressive towards me & because of my mother’s dementia she had become aggressive also.  I constantly tried to warned SS about this guy's manipulative behaviour towards my mother and his increasing aggressiveness towards me (as mentioned in previous posts).  Each time I was ignored.  Instead, SS encouraged his involvement with my mother – including him in her care plans and mental health assessments.   I was literally pushed out because I feared him and my mother’s increasing aggression towards me. Up until I stepped back, I had always looked after my mother and since her admission to the care home, I visit regularly.   .(c)    Sections -  4, 5 and 7  I am struggling to understand these as I don’t have a legal background.  I was wondering if there is anyone who might be able to explain what they mean.  It’s been a horrendous situation where I had to walk away from my mother at her most vulnerable because of; ss (not helping), scammer and groomer. I have no legal background, nor experience in highly manipulative people or an understanding of how the SS system operates, finding myself isolated, scared and powerless to the point I haven’t collected my personal belongings and items for my mother’s room in the care home.  Sadly, the court has only had heard one version of this story SS’s, and based their decision on that. My mother’s situation and the experience I have gone through could happen to anyone who has a vulnerable parent.    If anyone any thoughts on this much appreciated.  Thank you. ______________________________________________________  (Below is the Court of Protection Order)  COURT OF PROTECTION                                                                                                                                                                                   No xxx  MENTAL CAPACITY ACT 2005 In the matter of Name xxx ORDER Made by  Depty District Judge At xxx Made on xxx Issued on 18 January 2024  WHEREAS  1.     xxx Solicitors, Address xxx  ("Applicant”) has applied for an order under the Mental Capacity Act 2005.  2.     The Court notes (my mother) is said to be estranged from all her three children and only one, (me) has been notified.  3.     (Me) was previously appointed as Atorney for Property and Affairs for (my mother).  The Exhibity NAJ at (date) refers to (me) and all replacement Attorneys are now officially standing down.  4.     Pursuant to Rule 9.10 of the Court of Protection Rules 2017 and Practice Direction 9B the Applicant 2must seek to identify at least three persons who are likely to have an interest in being notified that an application has been issues.”  The children of (my mother), and any other appointed attorneys are likely to have an interest in the application, because of the nature of relationship to (my mother).  5.     The Court considers that the notification requirements are an important safeguard for the person in respect of whom an order is sought.  6.     The Court notes that it is said that the local authority no longer has access to (my mother’s) Property.  7.     Further information is required for the Court to determine the application.  IT IS ORDERED THAT  Within 28 days of the issue date this order, the Applicant shall file a form COP24 witness statement confirming that the other children of (my mother) and any replacement attorneys have been notified of the application and shall confirm their name, address, and date upon which those persons were notified.  If the Applicant wishes the Court to dispense with any further notification, they should file a COP9 and COP24 explaining, what steps (if any) have been taken to attempt notification and why notification should be dispensed with.   Pending the determination of the application to appoint a deputy for (my mother), the Applicant is authorised to take such steps as are proportionate and necessary to access, secure and insure the house and property of (my mother).   This order was made without a hearing and without notice.  Any person affected by this order may apply within 21 days of the date on which the order was served to have the order set aside or varied pursuant to Rule 13.4 of the Court of Protection Rules 2017 (“the Rules”).  Such application must be made on Form COP9 and in accordance with Part 10 Rules.              
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Small Claim Court Help

FENBOY74
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5117 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Dont 'no if anybody can give me sum advise or help but just had a claim form from Northampton County Court and the cliamant AA Personal Finance for a loan i had in 2004.

To put a long story short started paying it for a while, job prospects went tits up. they get Blair ,Oliver, Scott on to me so i gave them a CCA request in march 2009. have'nt recieved one as of yet nor a default notice to what it states on the Particulars of Claim all i recieved was a notice of legal action from THE BANK OF SCOTLAND. dont really Know what route to take. HELP PLEASE

Hi, welcome to the club!!!

You need to post the exact details of your POC (minus amounts).

Make sure you keep to the timescales so that they do not get a result by default.

You can follow the instructions to acknowledge service online (AOS), you have 5 days to do this. If you are defending the whole claim, tick the box. You will then have 28 days to file your defence.

In the meantime you need to send a CPR 31.14 to BOS requesting copies of the documents mentioned in the POC. Remember do not sign and send RD or SD.

This link explains why you should send this request and gives an example of the letter.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/legal-issues/159445-getting-them-reveal-their.html

Then post any reply you get ;) minus personal details for further help.

If you have no response, your best option may then be for an 'embarrassed defence' when you have no documents on which to base your defence.

Good luck

Acknowledge service of the claim, stating defend in full and send the CPR request letter to them in the first instance as suggested by cymruambyth.

-

PLEASE NOTE - I am not a legal expert, my comments are based on information learnt or

obtained and from my own experiences.

-

Case 1 - C L Finance - Court Case 'Stayed' :-). Stay Lifted - N149 AQ Received & Filed. Case Struck Out :grin:

-

Case 2 - C L Finance - Defence Filed. N150 AQ Received & Filed. Case 'Settled by Consent' :)

-

Case 3 - EOS Solutions - No Agreement - Account Closed ~£3500. :grin:

-

Advice & opinions offered freely but informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment and seek advice from a qualified and insured professional if you have any doubts.

Hi and thanks,

The POC as its written.

The claimant's claim is for ****.** presently due pursuant to a agreement enterd into by both parties, full particulars of which have been supplied hitherto.

By an agreement dated **/**/2004 the Defendant has an account number ************* with the claimant. the defendant has failed or delayed to adhere to the term of the Default Notice issued by the Claimant under the term of the Consumer Credit Act 1974. The balance due as at **/**/2009 on said account is ****.**.

Ther is only a Court fee to pay and no solicitors cost so i asumme that AA personal Finace are not useing no solicitor.

Right,

If they are the original creditor, we need to get the Default Notice as Assignment doesn't come into it and the agreement.

Did you find the CPR letter?

Have you sent it? remember recorded delivery (proof of postage and recepit), and don't sign it.

Regards

-

PLEASE NOTE - I am not a legal expert, my comments are based on information learnt or

-

Case 1 - C L Finance - Court Case 'Stayed' :-). Stay Lifted - N149 AQ Received & Filed. Case Struck Out :grin:

-

Case 2 - C L Finance - Defence Filed. N150 AQ Received & Filed. Case 'Settled by Consent' :)

-

-

Advice & opinions offered freely but informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment and seek advice from a qualified and insured professional if you have any doubts.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Fenboy,

If you do not have any information from them, you will need to submit an embarressed defence.

Please confirm the date on the claim form and the date by which the defence needs to be submitted.

There are several defence examples on the forum you can use which you will have to edit to suit your circumstances.

If you struggle finding one post again and we will see what we can find for you.

Regards

-

-

-

-

-

Hi

the date on the claim form is 26 sept 2009 so by what ive read on this site I have got 33 days for me to put a defence together and submit it by that date ?.

I shall have a surf around to see what i can find on the Embarressed Defence route.

ok, just wanted to check because its very important you stick to the dates, even if they don't. So your defence needs to be in no later than the 29th, even allowing for the postal disputes.

Any probs post up and we'll see what we can sort out and you should get some further comments as well.

Regards

-

-

-

-

-

Hi this is an embarrassed defence that I have used. As it is less than 8000 characters it can be submitted online.

1. I, XXXX of XXXXX make this statement as my defence to the claim brought by XXXXX.

2. The claimant’s particulars of claim are vague and fail to disclose any cause of action; they appear to be an abuse of the process in that they fail to deal with the basic rules of pleading in accordance with the CPR, even allowing for the constraints of the bulk issue system.

3. No documents supporting the claims in the particulars have been offered and despite two requests to the claimant for further information via CPR 31.14 dated XXX 2009 and XXXX 2009, both sent by recorded delivery, none has been forthcoming and as a result I cannot plead in defence to the claim.

4. Without clarification of the claimant’s claim, the defendant is extremely disadvantaged and as the claimant’s claim appears without merit, the defendant asks to be allowed to submit a fully particularised defence should the claimant provide copies of the original documents he will rely upon.

5. Further to the above 4 paragraphs, the defendant is unable to plead effectively or at all. The defendant is embarrassed.

Statement of truth

I believe that the facts stated in this defence are true.

I am the Defendant.

Signed:

XXXX

XXXX 2009

Edited by cymruambyth
fonts

Hi, and thanks thanks that is really good. I was getting sore eyes looking at all the threads on CAG and writing notes down.

i just cant believe that sum of these cases on here take months to get resolved if not atall.but thanks again keep you informed as ive just got a letter from cabot to say they have just brought my egg credit card debt in which i cca capquest at the begining of the year and not heard a thing untill now.

Thanks

Hello Fenboy.

As I understand it the claimant is AA personal finance is this correct?

Does this claim relate to the Egg account, which you now say has been bought by Cabot?

Please confirm.

Regards

-

-

-

-

-

OK.

Cymruambyth has posted up an embarressed defence.

Edit to suit your own case and then post back up here for comments before sending it.

Just keep an eye on your dates.

Regards

-

-

-

-

-

I think your defence needs to be submitted by the 28th/29th oct will you have it sorted by then?

Regards

-

-

-

-

-

Hi All,

Got a stinkin cold and feel like crap. Recieved a letter from the AA Finance ( NOTICE OF ARREARS ), which has got like a statement af due instalments and interest dated from 16/04/2009 to 01/10/2009 ant to me this is not what i requested as it states the AA is required to do this.

I have put the defence together using the embarressed post.

DEFENCE

CLAIM NO: ********

BETWEEN:

AA PERSONAL FINANCE LIMITED

CLAIMANT

AND

DEFENDANT

1. I, ******** ***** of ** ******* ********, *******,*****,**** *** make this statement as my defence to the claim brought by AA PERSONAL FINANCE LTD.

2. The claimant’s particulars of claim are vague and fail to disclose any cause of action; they appear to be an abuse of the process in that they fail to deal with the basic rules of pleading in accordance with the CPR, even allowing for the constraints of the bulk issue system.

3. No documents supporting the claims in the particulars have been offered to Myself and despite two requests to the claimant for further information via a Consumer Credit Act Agreement request dated 15/03/2009 and a CPR 31.14 dated 04/10/2009, both sent by Royal Mail recorded delivery, none has been received nor forthcoming and as a result I cannot plead in defence to the claim.

4. Without clarification of the claimant’s claim, the defendant (Myself) is extremely disadvantaged and as the claimant’s claim appears without merit, the defendant asks to be allowed to submit a fully particularised defence should the claimant provide copies of the original documents he will rely upon.

5. Further to the above 4 paragraphs, the defendant is unable to plead effectively or at all. The defendant is embarrassed.

Statement of truth

I believe that the facts stated in this defence are true.

I am the Defendant.

Signed:

i have changed a few words here and ther but any feed back would be great.

thanks again

Hello Fenboy

Have changed one of the paragraphs as below.

3. No documents supporting the claims in the particulars have been offered to Myself and despite two requests to the claimant for further information via a Consumer Credit Act Agreement request dated 15/03/2009 and a CPR 31.14 request dated 04/10/2009, both sent by Royal Mail recorded delivery, no response has been received nor forthcoming and as a result I cannot plead in defence to the claim.

(Copies of correspondence attached).

I would also make a reference to the documents you want to see as well, so it makes it clearer what information you require.

Regards

-

-

-

-

-

Thanks Ghostdebt,

when you say documents i request to see how about this i found while raving a read through.

. The courts attention is drawn to the fact that the without disclosure of the requested documentation pursuant to the Civil Procedure Rules I have not yet had the opportunity to asses if the documentation the claimant claims to be relying upon to bring this action even contains the prescribed terms required in Consumer Credit (Agreements) Regulations 1983 (SI 1983/1553) which was amended by Consumer Credit (Agreements) (Amendment) Regulations 2004 (SI2004/1482). The prescribed terms referred to are contained in schedule 6 column 2 of the Consumer Credit (Agreements) Regulations 1983 (SI 1983/1553) and are inter alia: - A term stating the credit limit or the manner in which it will be determined or that there is no credit limit, A term stating the rate of any interest on the credit to be provided under the agreement and A term stating how the debtor is to discharge his obligations under the agreement to make the repayments, which may be expressed by reference to a combination of any of the following--

1. Number of repayments;

2.Amount of repayments;

3.Frequency and timing of repayments;

4.Dates of repayments;

5.The manner in which any of the above may be determined; or in any other way, and any power of the creditor to vary what are payable

i think if i edit this to suit it covers most.

thanks

That mainly refers to agreements, but also you would be looking for termination notice, default notice and if applicable, notice of assignment and deed of assignment (where the claimant is not the original creditor).

Regards

-

-

-

-

-

• 2 weeks later...

HI ALL,

GOT A RESPONE FROM THE BANK OF SCOTLAND AND IN IT WAS A STATEMENT OF ALL PAYMENTS MADE BY ME, A COPY OF A DEFAULT NOTICE BUT I CANT REMEMBER THIS AND IVE ALSO GOT WHAT LOOKS LIKE A CREDIT AGREEMENT WITH A SIGNATURE ON IT BY ME.

IVE PUT THEM ON HERE BUT I DONT NO IF IVE DONE IN RIGHT..

http://i629.photobucket.com/albums/uu13/fenfencing74/AADOC2.jpg

http://i629.photobucket.com/albums/uu13/fenfencing74/AADOC3.jpg

http://i629.photobucket.com/albums/uu13/fenfencing74/AADOC1.jpg

SO ARE THESE DOCUMENTS CORRECT TO WHAT IVE REQUESTED.

REGARDS

FENBOY74

Edited by FENBOY74

Hi Fenboy.

You need to edit the DN as your personal details are still visible through the highlighting. (Maybe the other docs as well)

The DN might be defective as the dates are a bit tight so you will need to check the regs to confirm (In 2005 7 days to remedy was allowed) but the postage time doesn't add up.

Regards

-

-

-

-

-

HI,

THANKS GHOSTDEBT FOR THE INFO AND ALL HAS BEEN REPLACED, I WILL LOOK IN TO THE REGS.

WHAT I CANT UNDERSTAND IS WHY SEND THE DOCUMENTS NOW THAT I REQUESTED IN MARCH 2009, TO ME THERE BEING SNEAKY BA**AR**.

I WILL ALSO HAVE TO SEE IF THIS AGREEMANT IS ENFORCABLE BECAUSE IF IT IS THE DEFENCE IVE DONE MAKES ME LOOK A T**t AT THE END OF THE DAY

http://i629.photobucket.com/albums/uu13/fenfencing74/AADOC1.jpg

http://i629.photobucket.com/albums/uu13/fenfencing74/AADOC2.jpg

http://i629.photobucket.com/albums/uu13/fenfencing74/AADOC3.jpg

REGARDS

FENBOY74

• 5 months later...

Hi

Well Ive Been To Court And Judgement Was Against Me, I Put A Defence Together And Went Down The Route Of The Default Notice Not Being Valid But Due To Being Unable To Attend The Hearing And Told Them This. I Dont No What Was Said Do I Have A Right To See What Was Saidas All Ive Got Is A Paper Saying Judgement Was Made Against Me.......