Msa V Barclays Bank

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6257 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Barclays seem prone to collapse just as completely - but not so quickly I'm afraid. From threads I've seen, the likely time for Barclays blustering to finally evaporate is in the last week before the hearing date.

Victimnomore

By day, quiet unassuming bank customer - but, by night, .. .. .. .. ..

Barclays Case1

14/03/07 **WON** FULL settlement £3358.39

Barclays Case2

08/09/08 Prelim: please give me my £187.91 back.

Halifax Case1

14/03/07 **WON** Refunded £728 (including £54 costs)

Halifax Case2

08/09/08 Prelim: please give me my £268.24 back.

Hi MSA i'm just behind you, I handed in my NI at my local court tuesday:(

Today I got a reply to my rejection of offer leter !!Basically they said see you in court!!:mad:

:grin:amount WON so far £15,021.27(12 claims):D

• 1 month later...

Its been ages since i have posted but i havent given up, taking my AQ in tomorrow, made a bit of a mess of section g, i put in a right load of gobbledygook, that was before i foung jackiej's thread with a post from welshman containing all the answers. I dont think it will make a terrible difference, at least i hope not!

My court bundle is almost ready, all 200 pages of it. has everybody gone and based their bundles on jonni2bads and bookworms?

Handed my AQ in today at local court house, they didnt give me a recipt even though i asked for one, she said she would stamp it and that counts as one. I guess all i can do is wait again. I also copied out the correct information to be entered into section g and handed it in with my AQ and schedule.

• 1 month later...

Am i correct in thinking i should have heard back about a court date yet? its been over a month since the aq was handed in, my court bundle is ready and i have heard nothing, scratch that, i did receive a letter saying after reading your aq the case is now being moved from my local court to another one, but that was it. Is this normal?

I should give the court a ring and ask whats going on,obviously some courts are busier than others.I got a court date of 7/2,and ive just got an offer of settlement:Dim just about to check the figures but it doesnt look to far off:D

:grin:amount WON so far £15,021.27(12 claims):D

I Cant Beleive How Big The Court Bundle Is, Ive Been Doing It Bit By Bit For A Month, 112 Pages Just For The Data Protection Sections, Am I Right In Thinking Its Better To Have All The Info Available Just In Case, I Am Going Off Bookworm And Jonni2bads Thread.

Hi If anyone knows the answer to these 2 questions i would be gratefull.

1. I somehow missed the fact i need to send my AQ off to barclays and didnt, court bundle will be be sent off soon, the AQ is included in there, will that be ok?

2. Still dont have a court date its approaching 2 months sine AQ was handed in and i have been transferred to three different courts, is this normal?

Thanks bobtheb, you have always been very helpfull, Did you enjoy the money from your claim? I have spoken to the courts just after you previously advised it and they told me every thing was still on track and a letter was in the post, the letter came but was another notice of transfer, ill call them again.

:) A court date at last! Letter came today saying i have been transferred from county court to district registry mecantile court. and it will be heard on the 7th of feb, not long off glad i got the bundle ready before hand.

There is no mention about the bundle in the courts letter, do i just send it off anyway?

Plus with the notice of transfer i received a list of about 50 other cases, some had been setteled but none of the barclays ones have, cause for concern?

Anyway one last question, i am going to ring and write to barclays and ask them for the address they want the court bundle sending to and at the same time use this as an excuse to ask if they want to settle, is that a good idea do you think ???:)

If someone could advise please, Thanks.

I sent off the Court bundle to barclays today(all 280 pages), there is little over a week to go to until the court date and i am a little nervous. If they take it all the way and we end up in front of a judge i will stand my ground and get my money, THIS IS TO THE DEATH.

Does anyone have any links or information on how to conduct yourself in the hearing??? With less than 5 working days to go i have a feeling they might not settle and i want to be pre-prepared.

Hi all, handed my court bundle in today at the courts, hearing in the mercantile court a week today. The lady at the courthouse said well over 60 cases were been heard that day.

The group litigation that is happening to my claim has confused me. I filled out the court management sheet last night with the help of j.barton. Had no idea what was going on, but the form has to be in 7 days before the hearing so i had no choice.

If anybody else is in the same situation where the case will be heard in the mercantile court there is thread devoted to it called http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/mercantile-court-cases-stays/, everything you need to know is in it.

Still hoping Barclays will settle before court.