moorcroft audit letter recieved

peppapig
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5285 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i recieved a letter from moorcroft

at the request of our auditors we would like to agree the balance shown on your payment card (havent got one )with that shown on our records

complete the following details of your current outstanding balance and the details of the last 3 payments

i know the debt for virgin media but it doesnt show any balance do i fill it in and start up a payment plan or ignore it

i know the right thing is to pay up but wanted to know best way forward

thank any advice is welcomed

ignore it, they are trying to get you into contract ( to agree you owe them some amount)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]....Please don't bother my master 'cos my sister & I might bite you...

I DO NOT offer legal advice

-

"I just say what I say because everyone is entitled to my opinion!"

in otherwords please aknwledge us with this info as we don't know and want to see what we can squirm from you

ida x

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

I agree. Bin best place for it. That said, one way to "hit" these DCAs is to send letters TO THEIR AUDITORS (not to them) disputing all debts etc. That way, it could force the DCAs to write down the value of all the "assets" they have on their books!

Its time the OFT carried out an AUDIT of Morecrap and their scummy friends.

Let the OFT audit how many times they have failed to address complaints, how many times they have tried to chase Stat Barred Debts, how many pre court division letters have they actually followed through on.

I rang moorcroft and asked to speak to on of thier auditors as i has recieved on of these letters. She said auditing was done by people in thier own collections teams lol...'''(i,e call centre monkeys.)

I said auditors are professional people , she couldnt say anything to this and just kept asking for my account details...

i recieved a letter from moorcroft

at the request of our auditors we would like to agree the balance shown on your payment card (havent got one )with that shown on our records

complete the following details of your current outstanding balance and the details of the last 3 payments

i know the debt for virgin media but it doesnt show any balance do i fill it in and start up a payment plan or ignore it

i know the right thing is to pay up but wanted to know best way forward

thank any advice is welcomed

i take it you are paying the debt back to a moorcroft collector, they normally do audit letters to make sure the agent you are paying is correctly paying what you are paying him or her.

I would stick the letter to one side and put in a complaint to the OFT about them contacting people in a misleading manner. Its on a par with "Contact us if you aren't here, otherwise we will assume its you..."

Valid even if not read by them.....

Spot on sillygirl (and you're never silly, so don't understand your username).

Auditor's letters to people who may owe a company money fall into the realm of 'professional' industries (solicitors, chartered accountants, etc) and to impersonate an auditor may well be an offence. I shall dig further. In the meantime, as sillygirl says, this is desperately misleading - you must complain...