New Lowell Case Help Needed

Bundz
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5279 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

HI, new to this group

I have letters from Lowell chasing for £1600+ on behalf of Capital One. I wrote to them two weeks ago requesting original credit agreement and proof of the amount due to which i have received a reply asking for more time.

Now, out of the blue, they have sent another letter asking for £1000+ for a debt with egg. I have no account with egg and the previous address they have supplied is not one of mine.

I feel as though i don't have the patience or the knowlegde to deal with this company and any advice would be great.

:confused:

Hello and Welcome,

Regarding your Cap 1 account, do you have any charges you can claim.

For the Egg account, send them the 'prove it' letter.........

Dear Sir/Madam

Account no:

You have contacted me/us regarding the account with the above reference number, which you claim is owed by myself/ourselves.

I/we would point out that I/we have no knowledge of any such debt being owed to (insert company name).

I am/we are familiar with the Office of Fair Trading Debt Collection Guidance which states that it unfair to send demands for payment to an individual when it is uncertain that they are the debtor in question.

I/we would also point out that the OFT say under the Guidance that it is unfair to pursue third parties for payment when they are not liable. In not ceasing collection activity whilst investigating a reasonably queried or disputed debt you are using deceptive/and or unfair methods.

Furthermore ignoring and/or disregarding claims that debts have been settled or are disputed and continuing to make unjustified demands for payment amounts to physical/psychological harassment.

I/we would ask that no further contact be made concerning the above account unless you can provide evidence as to my/our liability for the debt in question.

I/we await your written confirmation that this matter is now closed. Otherwise I will have no option but to make a complaint to the trading standards department and consider informing the OFT of your actions.

I/we look forward to your reply.

**Edit to suit**

Remember, send recorded and don’t sign the letter.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

C'mon Sam, this is just up your street :D

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

HI, new to this group

I have letters from Lowell chasing for £1600+ on behalf of Capital One. I wrote to them two weeks ago requesting original credit agreement and proof of the amount due to which i have received a reply asking for more time.

found you:)

they have had their time,send them this,recorded,print name don't sign.

http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/571-failiure-to-provide-a-copy-of-the-agreement-within-the-prescribed-timescale

put it in dispute.

depending on how old the card is.it's capital 1.lowell won't have much chance of getting it anyway.

when did you last pay on this card?

Now, out of the blue, they have sent another letter asking for £1000+ for a debt with egg. I have no account with egg and the previous address they have supplied is not one of mine.

I feel as though i don't have the patience or the knowlegde to deal with this company and any advice would be great.

:confused:

SAM

Thank you,

In a nutshell, i had a gambling problem which i managed to overcome by May 2003. At that point, i had 6 or 7 credit cards and a bank loan to my name. all credit cards where up to the limit and had no way to pay anything back.

I dont know where i stand with most of them except the bank loan which i paid off in full. I had so many different companies sending me letters, eventually i made a stupid decision to throw away every piece of mail i got in the post unopened.

My stepdad told me when i moved into my own home not to tell them about changing address and they will go away (clearly bad advice but i did it anyway).

At this point, i don't know who i owe to, who owns what debt and who i should be paying but i want to make it clear that i have no intention of avoiding whats due i just need help to get myself sorted.

Thank you,

In a nutshell, i had a gambling problem which i managed to overcome by May 2003. At that point, i had 6 or 7 credit cards and a bank loan to my name. all credit cards where up to the limit and had no way to pay anything back.

I dont know where i stand with most of them except the bank loan which i paid off in full. I had so many different companies sending me letters, eventually i made a stupid decision to throw away every piece of mail i got in the post unopened.

My stepdad told me when i moved into my own home not to tell them about changing address and they will go away (clearly bad advice but i did it anyway).

At this point, i don't know who i owe to, who owns what debt and who i should be paying but i want to make it clear that i have no intention of avoiding whats due i just need help to get myself sorted.

Hi Bundz

Throw letter's away...'ouch' but at least you know now.

Your in the right place help and advice will be along soon.

Good Luck

Mr W

Regards..Mr Worried :)

have you payed anything on any cards since 2003?

could any of these be statute barred?

lets get you sorted with the ones that you are been chased for now.

if you dont have any details of the others,let it lie,untill someone writes and then we will deal with them.

send the out of time,indispute to lowell,about the crap 1.

send the prove it.that maroon has put for the egg.

if you want to pay,whats due.on your debts.thats up to you.

as long as they are not statute barred by now.or at the correct amount,and enforcable.

the egg one. is not yours.so tell them so.

you should not have to pay lowell on the cap one,without a cca,if you wanted to pay it morally.at least we can get it checked for any interest added.and get that removed.and get a big reduction from lowell.more fitting in line with the peanuts they payed for it.

SAM

• Haha 2

I have definately made a minimum payment at some point between 2003 and 2005 to capital 1

I do not have any savings or rainy day money to pay debts on a moral basis, only if they are correct amounts and enforceable

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]....Please don't bother my master 'cos my sister & I might bite you...

I DO NOT offer legal advice

-

"I just say what I say because everyone is entitled to my opinion!"

I have definately made a minimum payment at some point between 2003 and 2005 to capital 1.

so it is not statute barred. but lowell still have to obtain your cca.

card has to be at least 6 years old.;)and long since been lost in archives.so can't see lowell getting it.

lowell should now go away.or made to:D

egg one is not yours

so thats 2 down and gone.:)

I do not have any savings or rainy day money to pay debts on a moral basis, only if they are correct amounts and enforceable

you don't have to pay lowell or anyone else,who may come out of the woodwork.on a moral basis.

IF any turn up later.that are enforcable,you will be helped all the way with them.you tell them what your repayments will be.

and don't forget the longer they take to contact you.the closer to being statute barred.

get both letters off to lowell.see what they come back with.

SAM

Subbing :cool:

About to send my own CCA off to Lowells for a Littlewoods ridiculous charges and interest debt which they have now 'acquired'. I only have a box number 172, leeds ls11 9ws, is this ok for correspondence?

p o box is usually ok.

or try

lowell group

enterprise house

1 apex view

leeds

LS11 9BH

SAM

Re Egg 'debt'

Got a letter from Lowell, enclosing a letter from Egg which confirms that they have transferred the rights and the account to Lowell Portfolio

The letter from egg is odd because it obviously hasn't come from egg, both peices of paper have similar printed marks to suggest Lowell have produced both documents.

Anyway, the egg letter doesn't tell me anymore than i already don't know?!?

I cant tell whether they have written this after receiving my letter or before, should i reply?

I got similar, 2 letters in 1 envelope (keep the envelope by the way) from both the OC and the DCA/Solicitor and apparently that is not allowed. Wait till you get response to your CCA (£1) request and then you need to check the dates of assignment in your SAR (£10) if you've requested it! A debt can't be assigned whilst it's in dispute:eek:

Hi guys,

Two letters received yesterday from Low-well i never

First one - re capital one :- thank you for your letter blah blah, we confirm your account is on hold until we can dig out your cca. We will however keep writing to you with updates, is this ok?

Second - re egg :- thank you for your letter, we confirm that no further action will be made on this account until we can provide further evidence

Hi guys,

Two letters received yesterday from Low-well i never

First one - re capital one :- thank you for your letter blah blah, we confirm your account is on hold until we can dig out your cca. We will however keep writing to you with updates, is this ok?

Second - re egg :- thank you for your letter, we confirm that no further action will be made on this account until we can provide further evidence

They need to come up with something within 14 days or the account is in dispute and they cannot take any further action on it, bad credit reports, charges, interest, etc. Keep an eye on the calendar and then send them the account in dispute letter :cool:

Help Needed,

Have received another letter from Lowell this morning, enclosed is a photocopy of the credit agreement with capital one

It's signed and dated by me and all the details are present and correct

Lowell now expect payment in seven days

Can you scan the agreement and post it up? (minus personals of course)

If you want to get a copy of your credit file, go to the Experian website

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE