style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4196 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

OH MY GOD,HOW DIFFICULT CAN IT BE TO REMOVER OSC.

BH are either very stupid or very clever,cant make up my mind.

As said in the last update i gave them the required 7 days notice to remove OSC and informed them that the next payment would be on the 10th without OSC.

Phone up to pay and no joy.OSC not removed and the reason is you need to come in to do that.

So, i go in today to sort it out and the first thing they say is you dident pay on sat so now your late so we need last weeks and this weeks plus late fees before we can take the OSC off.So thats another two weeks at full rate in there pockets even though they have had the required notice to remove the cover which expired before the due payment on the 10th.

Now i take the view,rightly or wrongly,that as the notice has been served to them and there is proof it has been recieved and i have now attempted to pay this account twice and been obstructed on both occasions because as we all know you cant make a partial payment then i am now in a position to write to the head office and lay out the facts as have occured and give them seven days to get it sorted or legal action will be taken.

What legal action is my next question.If i dont pay i am in breach of contract.As BH are bound by the same contract if they force me not to pay causing me to be late then are they in breach of contract?

Would be interesting to know

Done a bit more research and it seems the way forward,as i have tried to pay twice already and the 7 day notice is well expired,is to send a letter to the shop placing the accounts in dispute,and send a letter to head office stating the same and asking them to get it sorted and that i will only deal with head office untill the matter is resolved.

Does this seem like a plan folks?

Developments it seems

A gentlman knocked on my door today from BH.I say gentlman because he actually was.there was no shouting and threats of what would happen if i did not play ball and after listening to my complaint he thought for a moment and then aggreed i had grounds to complain. WTF

Any way he asked me for permission for the manager to phone me tommorow at a time of my choosing to sort the problem.

Lets see shall we

Absolute waste of time,as you can guess there was no phone call.

Letters now gone out.I am 100% sure i am correct in every thing i have done

and they have blatantly ignored my request to remove the OSC.They have also

forced me into a late payment situation by not accepting payment even though i have now tried on two occasions to pay.

What ever has been said elswhere on this forum about BH getting better it still seems that it is there opinion that they are above any rules and regs. and can do what they like.I would not have believed it untill this last three weeks of dealing with them for anything other than making a payment.

I suspect BH will never be stopped or it would have happend by now so its all about getting your own little victories against them i think.

Email head office and let them know the situation - they hate management getting involved. Demand the area manager phone you asap!

:)I am not an expert, but I can give good advice about Brighthouse:)

Am learning more and more about DCA's too :)

I have no legal experience and all advice given is based on the knowledge I've gained from this site.

<------If you think I have been helpful, please feel free to tip my scales - remember to put your CAG name though!

Just got a letter from head office,i think it may have crossed with the letters i sent to them but it basicaly says i am a valued customer and all that croc

but i am £xx behind.The amount is what it would be WITH osc and thats my point.I was upto date when the 7 day notice to remove OSC ran out so the fact i am now behind is there doing as they dont seem to want to remove the cover and accordingly i have not got a figure to pay even though i have tried.

Muppets,have they ever thought that if they were to cooperate life for everyone,BH included, would be so much easier.

RESULT RESULT RESULT

Had a visit,yet again yesterday from you know who politly asking if i would go into the shop and sign the paperwork for the OSC to be removed and that they would forget the late fees and back date the removel to the date the seven day notice expired.

So in i go and they were expecting me and asked if i have home insurance so i showed them the certificate and they never even read it.

All the agreements were amendments that just follow on from the originals so i am now paid upto date saving £20 per week.

I suspect but have no proof that there backsides have been kicked through my letter to head office telling them that this is there mess so sort it out.

But i havent done yet.....oh no

Well done :) See, persistence is the name of the game ;)

I have no legal experience and all advice given is based on the knowledge I've gained from this site.

<------If you think I have been helpful, please feel free to tip my scales - remember to put your CAG name though!

Well done :) See, persistence is the name of the game ;)

Too right;)as i have said before i became a thorn in there side and eventually that thorn starts to get painful and they want it out.

You and I are alike in that :D They were probably glad the day I was no longer a customer!

RESULT RESULT RESULT

Had a visit,yet again yesterday from you know who politly asking if i would go into the shop and sign the paperwork for the OSC to be removed and that they would forget the late fees and back date the removel to the date the seven day notice expired.

So in i go and they were expecting me and asked if i have home insurance so i showed them the certificate and they never even read it.

All the agreements were amendments that just follow on from the originals so i am now paid upto date saving £20 per week.

I suspect but have no proof that there backsides have been kicked through my letter to head office telling them that this is there mess so sort it out.

But i havent done yet.....oh no

BH wont except my insurance cover as it is the wrong sort!! my insurance wont pay them direct so BH wont except that... they want paying direct if i need to claim. Tho i am covered under my contents insurance for HP items?:confused:

BH are talking rubbish - if you're covered for HP items, you're covered. Tell them that in the event of a claim, BH will be paid the outstanding amount on the account from the insurance payout. They are bulls**tting you (as to be expected).

I think you need to find out if there is any insurance that would pay them direct as i am not an insurance expert but surely they pay out you as you are the one coved and the one claiming.

.Maybe there is some body who would know elswhere in the forum.It seems to me they are being stupid to force you to feed the brighthouse profit monster.

The insurance company does pay the policy holder - you would then pay BH. Even on a new for old policy, you just have to tell BH that if something happened then you would continue to make the payments as normal until the agreement is paid in full.

I suppose that this phase of the brighthouse troubles is now over for me as i achieved my objective of removing OSC.

I will start a new thread about the next phase which is claiming back the OSC money they received from me.

Thanks to anyone who helped with this thread with advise and there expirences regarding BH.

Once more into the breach:eek:

Ian