leaving work and being paid

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4277 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

newbie here just looking for some advice.

MY girlfriend rang me today and was crying down the phone. I asked her what was wrong and she explained her situation.

She works for a supermarket part time and is paid in arrears monthly on the 25th of the month. She left on the 30th of August, as we were going on holiday on the 1st of Sept and she did not want to have to pay any holidays back. She also had holidays in July btw.

Since she was paid in arrears she should have just under 2 weeks wages, roughly 140 a week. She also did bits of overtime so this should only have increased her pay.

SO today all her direct debits should have come out but they didnt. She rang her bank and found out that her employer only paid her £9! So there was not enough to cover her direct debits. She cancelled them instantly. Since she has quit she has to ring up head office about pay. Already tried the store.

So tomorrow when she rings is she able to claim any costs incurred by the bank and or companies back from the employer?

They are notriously bad for paying overtime but this is ridiculous!

Guest Old_andrew2018

IMHO the company has probably recovered some holiday payments, how many hours per annum was your girlfriend entitled too.

Andy

she rang up today and the sum of £9 was correct according to them. As she had been overpaid apparantly.

She hadnt used up all of her holiday entitlement I know that, she worked 18 hours a week and had about 10 'shifts' off.

I do 10 hours a week and I am entitled to 14 days off in a year.

Oh well, looks like shes going to wait until her uni loans go through before she can pay this off!

Guest Old_andrew2018

It is my understanding that the total annual holiday entitlement for your girlfriend based on a full year is 100.8hrs, (18x 5.6 weeks) how much leave was taken.