snow_white vs Natwest

snow_white
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6401 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I don't really have a problem with Natwest but am annoyed because whenever i go over my overdraft limit and a direct debit fails to go out they charge me £38. They have charged me about £260 since i opened my account so i finally decided to claim the charges back. I had all my statements so i just sent out my prelim letter on Monday 7th August. I recieved a reply today. They are offering me £114 but am planning to reject it. I'm about £70 past my overdraft so need the full amount. The second letter goes out tommorow. I am hoping they'll settle at that stage since i'm only claiming £260 but expect i'll have to go to the next stage.

I'd be interested to know if anyone had them settle after the second letter.

Yes they are seeming to pay out on claims less than £1000 more freely, however don't expect this as they are full of suprises and stalling tactics.

George Loveless - “We raise the watchword, liberty. We will, we will, we will be free!"

My advice is only my opinion, I am not a legal expert.

IF YOU LIKE THE ADVICE I'M GIVING AND ARE HAPPY WITH IT, CLICK THE SCALES ON THE BOTTOM LEFT OF THIS POST AND TELL ME.

• 2 weeks later...

have recieved my letter from s higley. They're not going to pay me back my charges just yet. Am going to have to put a claim in. Unfortunately i have no money until i recieve my student loan in six weeks. If i can borrow some money from my family will put the claim in at the local court.

• 4 weeks later...

received my claim number at the beginning of the week and then today received a letter from the court saying Natwest have acknowledged the claim and intend to file a defence. Why do they have to drag it out? I'm not a very patient person. I've been climbing the walls waitng to get my mail. It doesn't help that the post doesn't arrive until 2.30 in the afternoon. Anyway i just wish they would pay me my money and get it over with.

• 3 weeks later...

hello, ive never been in here before but am with the natwest and need to get my statements off them, do i just send the letter asking for them with or without the tenner? and is it a cheque (payable to who?) and do i address it to my local branch mangaer? cheers me dears

hello, ive never been in here before but am with the NatWest and need to get my statements off them, do i just send the letter asking for them with or without the tenner? and is it a cheque (payable to who?) and do i address it to my local branch mangaer? cheers me dears

i sent my dpa request for statements (check out the template library fo a letter) to the head office, including a postal order for £10 and posted signed for delivery. i recieved my statements about 10 days later.