• Tweets

• Hi I was being supplied my ovo after unknowingly being swapped from SSE.  My issues began when we had a smart meter fitted and our bills almost doubled overnight - we at the time assumed we were just paying not enough until then and just continued to pay the excess bills each. Month.    I would from time to time contact ovo and get faced with a call centre on South Africa of the most rude agents who would just hang up after hours of wait and I could not even get an acknowledgement of an issue with my meter.  At one point we were not in the property for like 4 months and the bills were coming just as high!  It was at this point I was sure something is not right and ovo only care to send bailiffs and started threatening us with a pay as you go meter despite me taking out a 3.5k loan to pay of my outstanding balance.  Around 1600 each on both gas and electricity.  This is where its gets really bad -  the very same day they sent me out a new bill saying the money paid already was only to cover up until the November previous and because its now Feb we owe another 1k.   By that August this had risen to over 3k and I still couldn't get anyone to even acknowledge a fault let alone fix it.    In despair I tried to swap suppliers and to my surprise octopus accepted us because even tho the debt is owed we are trying deal with.  During our time with them the bill was coming only on my wife's name as I was responsible for other bills and she this one - now that we owe them 3k they have magically started adding my name as well as my wife's to the same debt to apply double pressure and its showing on my experiwn report now with a question mark and 2700 showing in grey -  This was my wife's debt which we dispute we owe yet the have now sent me letter with both our names on from oriel and past due credit debt agencies - is this illegal and how can I get them to take my. Name of this and leave on wife's name as its so unfair they give us a both a defualt for wife's debt which we dispute anyway.    In the end about 3 weeks ago I wrote an email to their ceo and rishi sunak and low and behold for the first time in our history with ovo someone who spoke English contacted us and said she will look into our claim.    I explained to her that we feel our meter is faulty and despite me contacting them using WhatsApp email and phone I still have not got anyone to acknowledge a fault even. And that I dispute I Owe anything as my son was in hospital for 3 months and we stayed with him so house was empty and still. They were sending us super sized bills more than when we started at home.  She promised to investigate and a few days later replied that she is sorry for the poor customer service and offered us £50 compensation - however she also. Mentioned that she's attached statements for us confirming the payment for 3k I made was only up until Nov and in Feb despite me pay 3.5k nearly it's correct for them to bill. Me. Another £900 the very same day and she did not agree our meter was faulty and therfore the debt stands and she will not be calling it bcak from past due credit.  During my time with my new supplier post ovo, octopus I requested tehy check my. Meters because I felt they were faulty and over charging me and I got excellent response asking me for further details which I supplied and I got a. Response bcak within days to say my meter was indeed faulty and octopus have now remotely repaired it.   I then contacted the energy ombudsman and explained my situation how she at ovo tried to fob me off and demand I apy money we don't feel we owe due to faulty equipment we reported but ovo had to process or mechanism to deal with it or lodge complaint even without having to cc their ceo and our pm. And now I feel sick to think both husband and wife will get a 6  year default for debt which have a validity of a questionable nature.    I explained all this to the energy ombudsman and they accepted my case and I explained to them that my new supplier found my fault which ovo refueed to accept - I've uploaded the email from new supplier to ombudsman showing we had a fault.    My. Question is is there anything I can upload in defence of my case to ombudsman before they decide outcome ina few weeks    All advice greatly appreciated not only would I like advice on how to clear this debt but also how I can pursue ovo for compensation and deterrence for the future.  Thansk 
    • Thanks for the reply dubai 50 - if the statute is 10 years it has long passed - if it is 15 years i havea few months left. i shall ignore until it gets serious  An update - - I sent the letter to the bank in Dubai ( I did get delivery confirmation from Royal Mail)   - I have moved to a new address ( this is the address i gave to the bank in dubai)  - IDR are continuing to send Letters to the old address, which leads me to believe they are not in contact with the bank at all. - i have not replied to any correspondence digital or hard as they are non threatening ( as of yet).        
    • Your topic title was altered last June 23 by the owner of this forum in the interests of the forum Anyway well done on your result and concluding your topic, title updated.   Andy   .
    • So what    Why ? Consent Order/ Confidentiality ? This would be be invaluable to followers of your topic.  
    • Even on their map on their website, these parking rules encompass the whole pleasure park - there is no dedicated area for permits and another for free parking as stated. royal leisure park praking area map.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

**COMPLAINTS** Link Financial

batman1956
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4558 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi everyone

This is a great link - there is soooooo much info on here coming from many different directions. I am now doing some gathering of info.

Before I apply to have my partners Link and GE money CCJ and charging order set aside - I will go to GE Money to get all the info on a subject access request as it seems they are still the holder of the debt - although maybe it is now Santander? Wow this misdirection is more elaborate than any magic show I have ever seen - beats Derren Brown even!

Any advice anyone - does that sound like a first port of call?

Guest blackie

It's quite simple with the charging order, Link have to be the sole owners of the debt, they must have purchased it, if this is the case they will have a deed of assignment, which they have to provide you with a copy. However if the debt was equitable, then both parties would have had to apply for the CCJ, not just Link. If this is the case, then the Charging Order was gained illegally and would be easy to get set aside, as they have stated in their request for an order that they own the debt, if they do not, the judegment can not stand.

Thankyou for your help with this blackie. It makes things clearer for me. Do I write to Link asking for this copy of the deed of assignment - is there a template letter for that or a preferred format?

Guest blackie

i HAVE TO BE HONEST AND SAY I DO NOT KNOW IF THERE IS A TEMPLATE FOR THIS LETTER, BUT I'M SURE THERE WILL BE. I ONLY KNOW SO MUCH BECAUSE I HAVE HAD LEGAL ADVICE. MY PROBLEM IS WITH ABBEY AND LINK. I HAVE TO SAY ABBEY ARE BEING VERY SHIFTY AT THE MOMENT AND SEEM TO BE RELUCTANT TO ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS WITH REGARD TO THE STATUS OF THE LOAN, EQUIABLE OR NOT. LINK OF COURSE ARE PLAYING TO WAITING GAME, NO SIGN OF DEED OF ASSIGNMENT. INTEND JUST GOING TO COURT TO GET JUDGEMENT SET A SIDE IN JANUARY. THEN THEY CAN SORT IT OUT BETWEEN THEMSELVES.

Bamboo,

Sounds as if you're sort of in a similar position to me. No messy court stuff with mine but GE sold the account to Link back in March 2009 but as late as September 2009 acknowledged the reason I had placed the account in dispute in the first place and refunded quite a few hundred pounds to the account balance by readjusting it with Link.

(This return of charges was seperate to penalty charge type claim as a review of the original T&C's GE provided for the 'agreement' taken out in 2000 made no mention at all of any charges or costs for those charges so no contractual right to have ever charged them.)

After the adjustment Link issued court papers just 15 days after the account adjustment to collect the debt total. Abuse of the court system when GE had clearly finally recognised and vindicated my decision to place the account in dispute in the first place by returning a considerable sum to the account. In essence GE unlawfully got Link involved because they were sulking and wouldn't accept I was right.

Link issued court papers in their name only when clearly the account assignment (if it exists, still asking for it) was equitable in nature. Must have been if Link allowed GE to change balance totals many months after the supposed assignment and just days before litigation starts. As you are clearly aware Link cannot commence litigation in their own name unless the assignment was absolute and clearly, it wasn't.

Bit of support for you there then, it does look as if Link are still up to their usual tricks and playing everyone for stoopid. Keep us posted ;)

Thankyou for your help with this blackie. It makes things clearer for me. Do I write to Link asking for this copy of the deed of assignment - is there a template letter for that or a preferred format?

Will post up a suggestion in the morning.

AC

Guest blackie

What I have discovered is that Link in issuing court papers have actually committed a criminal offence, because the debt is only assigned and not sold, they are taking everyone for mugs including the court system. I believe anyone who has anything to do with Link should check their papers very carefully, I for one will be writing to the OFT, and the serious fraud office.

What I have discovered is that Link in issuing court papers have actually committed a criminal offence, because the debt is only assigned and not sold, they are taking everyone for mugs including the court system. I believe anyone who has anything to do with Link should check their papers very carefully, I for one will be writing to the OFT, and the serious fraud office.

Thats interesting, could you please enlighten us.

I've got a recent court claim from Link, the two documents they have failed to provide is NoA & DoA.

Beachy

Hi everyone

Thanks for your input. It makes very interesting reading. I feel angry and sad about all this because it is such a waste of everyone's time and energy. We shouldn't need to going through all of this because of certain people who have no morals and think they can do as they please.

The people behind all this are so greedy and there is simply no need for it all. If money was lent at lower interest rates with a decent ethos then this spiralling nastiness wouldn't happen.

As emandcole said it would be great for a decent group of people to start a debt collecting company as a social entrepeneur scheme.That could attract funding and start to change the way our society operates. Ideally at school level it would be good to educate kids on budgeting etc - I know I never received that type of practical stuff.

What I have found is that alot of my belief systems have gone out of the window and I really needed to have this experience to understand my society - especially the court system - better.

If these companies are making use of our legal system with criminal actions intentionally , then this forum and the people on it can make social change possible - it is only by taking action that these criminal activities will be exposed and challenged.

This is a type of slavery where a group of people are treated without respect or regard for the law and it's time it stopped.

Guest blackie

Beachcomber60, its quite simple really, when you complete your defence form, you state clearly and simply that Link do not own the debt, and you are somewhat confused as to why they are attempting to commit fraud in a court of law. It is vital that you respond, also advise that you are reporting their actions to the OFT and make sure you send copy of court papers to the OFT. Link work very quickly and think that you will have no idea what they are up to. If they have no Deed of Assignment they have no right to take you to court. Also write to the original company and advise them what Link are doing, ask them to confirm whether the debt was an equitable assignment , put copy of this letter with your court papers. Act now, please do not wait.

GE Money apparently sold my debt to Link Financial who then, without reference to me or allowing me to arrange a payment plan, took the claim to Nottingham CC (I live in Somerset) and obtained judgement without me receiving notice of the claim, nor being able to defend the claim (as I had no idea that the claim was being made) or bme being able to discuss payment terms. I applied to Notts CC for the judgement to be set aside due to the lack of paperwork received, but Link have applied for a charge against my property through their Cardiff office as the claim has now been transferred there. When telephoning to discuss the situation, there is no answer from their Cardiff office - only an answer machine that has no memory left - presumably becaise so many people have left messages regarding their actions.

Hi Rudnig

Exactly what happened to us. They do this very quickly with an intent so that you are lagging behind and exploit the fact that you will not know how the system works.

I wrote a letter to the Court Manager at Cardiff asking for the case to be heard at our local court. I explained that the case had been tried in my partner's absence and that the court must not have received the paperwork and it was transferred to Huddersfield.

My advice is do not try and speak to Link on the phone - ever. If you read the other threads they are not to be trusted in any of their communications.It is a complete waste of energy. Contact the court manager at Cardiff asap in writing and say you want to defend your case locally.

Time is of the essence to stop the charging order and depends on what tack you wish to take. As this company have treated you in a grossly unfair manner and have not followed guidelines or protocols you may wish to use every procedure available to you and advice on this forum as to how to do that. If you cannot stop it don't worry you can still take action at any stage.

You need to get it transferred to your local court and start the process of a defence. There is alot to cover - if you start your own thread or ask for a member to transfer you ( sorry I'm useless on this!) other people can advise that are alot more experienced than me. I will help you in anyway I can.

Decide how you want to proceed and act fast - Link will not give you any allowances whatsoever.

Very serious and this matter keeps cropping up!

IMHO, members who have/are experiencing such, should make the OFT aware;

Link Financial are using deceitful and misleading tactics, which should impact on their Consumer Credit Licence.

Consumer Direct are the consumer arm of the OFT; log your complaints with them: 08454 04 05 06 and;

make formal complaints to The Office of Fair Trading.

Beachcomber60, its quite simple really, when you complete your defence form, you state clearly and simply that Link do not own the debt, and you are somewhat confused as to why they are attempting to commit fraud in a court of law. It is vital that you respond, also advise that you are reporting their actions to the OFT and make sure you send copy of court papers to the OFT. Link work very quickly and think that you will have no idea what they are up to. If they have no Deed of Assignment they have no right to take you to court. Also write to the original company and advise them what Link are doing, ask them to confirm whether the debt was an equitable assignment , put copy of this letter with your court papers. Act now, please do not wait.

Thanks for that, defending claim in full & have filed embarrassed defence with special thanks to angry cat & magda (morning AC :) ).

Now 2/3rds through the 28 days for link to respond, have got court acknowledgement so should be transferred to our local court.

Dont think I can do the link to my thread (using mobile) its :-

Court Claim from Link while in dispute with OC

No signs of the NoA or DoA - But they have sent a signing off sheet (creditor/suppier/ppi provider) which shows secret commissions were paid on taking out the finance, YIPPEE :)

Beachy

Edited by beachcomber60

Guest blackie

Never, Ever Speak To Link In Any Way, Never Make Any Arrangements With Them. It Is Their Responsibility To Show That They Own The Debt, Make Sure This Hearing Is Transferred To A Local Court, Get Help Now, These People Are The Lowest Form Of Life, Don't Be Afraid Of Them, But Do Not Speak To Them At All. Make Sure All Letters Go Recorded Delivery, Keep Records. I Suspect That Ge Have Not Sold Your Debt To Them At All And It Is An Equitable Assignment, This Being The Case They Have No Case.

Beachcomber, sounds as if Link are playing dirty yet again. That's actually good for you as it gives you all sorts of arrows to sling at them. Agree with other posts entirely and I'm involved in litigation with Link at the moment also so keep us all posted and we'll guide you through it.

The assignment issue is a biggie and agree GE are unlikely to have transferred the debt in the correct manner to Link. Absolute must to report to OFT, the file on Link is getting pretty large and such stories will eventually result in OFT intervention. I have Link for attempting to pervert the course of justice at the moment and the OFT have had the file passed to them by my local trading standards team. Link are in for a bad time the day they show up in court! :lol:

In my opinion, you will not obtain much information from Santander, you need to make a full SAR to GE: any and all historic data that relates to the account.

Also, if Link Financial are "the Creditor" they must supply you with ALL 'documents' relating to the account, including the statements on the account from the date of inception of the credit agreement to date.

You may wish to add the following to the letter that you intend sending to Link:

"I note that you purchased the alleged debt from GE, and trust therefore that it was formally assigned to you. Please can you provide me with documentary evidence of this alleged assignment."

Please note bamboo, that 'documentary evidence' does not mean a template NoA!

Angry Cat

Thankyou for this info. I have been looking through several sites today with regards to different angles on this assignment issue.

I find if I try and see the bigger picture as to GE Money's incentive as to why this approach is chosen, it gives me more avenues to explore.

I am guessing that Link is a subsidiary company of GE Money and there are tax benefits in selling at a loss to a legally seperate entity and having a legal arm that is also a subsidiary that is a money making machine? Lots of different income streams? Tax efficient.

I had run ins in the past with Gmac over van leasing and found a site called g mac sucks. This got shut down by guess who? There were some scarey stories on there of vehicle repos and that was an eyeopener. It made us aware of the lengths these people will go to in order to make a buck. I guess these companies are part of the same family?

If I send a letter asking for assignment will it alert them to my agenda or does it not matter? As the judgement has already taken place I mean. I guess I am going for it being overturned as a legal enforcement shouldn't have been granted due to illegal proceedings?

Angry Cat

Thankyou for this info. I have been looking through several sites today with regards to different angles on this assignment issue.

I find if I try and see the bigger picture as to GE Money's incentive as to why this approach is chosen, it gives me more avenues to explore.

I am guessing that Link is a subsidiary company of GE Money and there are tax benefits in selling at a loss to a legally seperate entity and having a legal arm that is also a subsidiary that is a money making machine? Lots of different income streams? Tax efficient.

I had run ins in the past with Gmac over van leasing and found a site called g mac sucks. This got shut down by guess who? There were some scarey stories on there of vehicle repos and that was an eyeopener. It made us aware of the lengths these people will go to in order to make a buck. I guess these companies are part of the same family?

If I send a letter asking for assignment will it alert them to my agenda or does it not matter? As the judgement has already taken place I mean. I guess I am going for it being overturned as a legal enforcement shouldn't have been granted due to illegal proceedings?

As far as I am aware Link Financial are not associated with GEMoney but I do believe they have an association with MBNA. However, it could well be that Asset Link Capital (different holding company, same owner) may be connected in some way?

They weave a tangled web...there is definately a trace through Wilmington Delaware...

If you are intending to have the judgement overturned, then the Deed of Assignment and Deed of Sale will be the most vital documents needed.

Will do some digging re GEMoney

Application / Licence Details

Licence Number:0566896Licence Status:Current

Current Applicant / Licensee:

Business Name Company Registration Number

Asset Link Capital (No.1) Ltd 5322368

Categories:

Consumer credit

Credit brokerage

Credit reference agency

Debt adjusting/counselling

Debt collecting

Right To Canvass Off Trade Premises:Yes

Issued Date: 02-Mar-2005 Expiry Date: 01-Mar-2010

Legal Formation:

Body Corporate (incorporated inside UK)

Current Individuals that run the organisation:

Name Position

Mark Howard Filer OFFICER

Ruth Louise Thomas OFFICER

Historic Individuals that run the organisation:

Name Position

Adrian Cloake OFFICER

Paul Burdell OFFICER

Selina Lee Burdell OFFICER

Current Organisations that run the organisation:

Name Company Registration Number Position

Wilmington Trust SP Services (London) Ltd OFFICER

Nature of Business:

Debt Collection

Current Address(es):

Address Type Address

Principal Place Of Business Camelford House, 89 Albert Embankment, London, SE1 7TP

Registered Office Camelford House, 89 Albert Embankment, London, SE1 7TP

CCA Search :: CCA Search Results :: Licence Details

Application / Licence Details

Licence Number:0472533Licence Status:Current

Current Applicant / Licensee:

Business Name Company Registration Number

GE Money Home Lending Limited 3770763

Categories:

Consumer credit

Consumer hire

Credit brokerage

Credit reference agency

Debt adjusting/counselling

Debt collecting

Right To Canvass Off Trade Premises:Yes

Trading Name(s) (Current):

First Nat Direct 2 U

First National

First National Direct 2 U

GE Consumer Finance Home Lending

GE Money

GE Money Home Lending

GE Money Lending Solutions

GE Money Mortgages

igroup

igroup loans

igroup mortgages

Trading Name(s) (Historic):

ig5l

igroup direct

igroup Securities

igroup5

igsl

Ocwen P

Ocwen P Limited

OP.

OPL

Issued Date: 18-Aug-1999 Expiry Date: 11-Jan-2010

Legal Formation:

Body Corporate (incorporated inside UK)

Current Individuals that run the organisation:

Name Position

Andrew Messenger

Brendan Edward Gilligan

Bruno Heese OFFICER

Bryan Adrian Falconer Burn

Clodagh Gunnigle

Colin John Varnell Shave OFFICER

David Harvey OFFICER

Duncan Gee Berry OFFICER

Ian George Ferguson

Kalpna Shah OFFICER

Mandeep Singh Johar

William John Flynn

Historic Individuals that run the organisation:

Name Position

Andrew Robert Punch OFFICER

Brendan Gilligan OFFICER

Colin John Varnell Shave OFFICER

Colin Sanders OFFICER

David Richard Carson OFFICER

Elizabeth Mary Sully OFFICER

Giacomo Gigantiello OFFICER

Ian Douglas Wilson

Ian Graham Story OFFICER

Jeffery Harris OFFICER

Jeffrey Allan Kagan OFFICER

Jeremy Edward Boakes OFFICER

John Peter Spencer OFFICER

Joseph Arthur Dlutowski OFFICER

Julian Stanley Nutley OFFICER

Keith Ainsworth OFFICER

Keith Roger Millward OFFICER

Marc Richard Parrott OFFICER

Michael Christopher McCarron

Michael John Melling OFFICER

Michael Richard Bellora OFFICER

Mr Alec David Johnson OFFICER

Mr Christopher John Collins OFFICER

Paul Dontschuk OFFICER

Paul Richard Askew OFFICER

Peter Brennan OFFICER

Richard Michael James Davis OFFICER

Ricky David Hunkin OFFICER

Sean Webb OFFICER

Stuart William Sinclair OFFICER

Susan Elizabeth Chrichton OFFICER

Tamara Lynne Keefer OFFICER

Current Organisations that run the organisation:

Name Company Registration Number Position

FN Secretary Limited OFFICER

Nature of Business:

Investment/Financial Advisers

Current Address(es):

Address Type Address

Correspondence igroup Servicing Limited, Malvern House, Croxley Business Park, Watford, Hertfordshire, WD18 8YF

Principal Place Of Business Malvern House, Croxley Business Park, Watford, Hertfordshire, WD18 8YF

Registered Office Malvern House, 4, Hatters Lane, WATFORD, WD18 8YF, United Kingdom

Historic Address(es):

Address Type Address

Correspondence Malvern House, Croxley Business Park, Watford, Hertfordshire, WD18 8YF

Correspondence Ramila Maneil, Secretariat, First National House, College Road, Harrow, HA1 1FB

Principal Place Of Business Malvern House, Croxley Business Park, Watford, Hertfordshire, WD18 8YF

Registered Office Malvern House, Croxley Business Park, Watford, Hertfordshire, WD18 8YF

Registered Office Malvern House, Hatters Lane, WATFORD, WD18 8YF, United Kingdom"