**COMPLAINTS** Link Financial

batman1956
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4537 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Link are still sending out their 'postcards' which clearly state their company name, for all to see, although they have been informed in writing that any correspondence should be in a sealed envelope. As usual completely ignored.

by: mysticpols06

Re: Cap One passes to Link when defaulted - Here we go again.

UPDATE:

CCA reply from LINK consisted of cover note stating:" Please find docs you have requested from Link - Any additional queries relating to this doc contact me - Ms J Pearcey"

'Docs' consist of another copy of what was sent to me previously shown in post #7 - if need to post again please let me know. Still looks like a pre-contractual app form & the only info relating to the account re account numbers etc have been handwritten on. I dunno - Appreciate input.

Not 100% as to what to send em in response just yet will think on it.

Also, received acknowledgement from OFT re updating them with supporting evidence they will "Take into account the further information you have helpfully given us as we continue to monitor this traders fitness to hold a credit licence. Thankyou once again for taking the time to write to us".

PEOPLE PLEASE YOU MUST COMPLAIN REGUARLY & APPROPRIATELY!!!!!

Will be sending to trading standards & everyone else in the next 2 weeks.

Comments gratefully received as always, Many thanks, Take care, Mpols x

REQUIREMENTS IMPOSED BY THE OFFICE OF FAIR TRADING ('OFT')

PURSUANT TO SECTION 33A AND SECTION 33D(4) OF THE CONSUMER

CREDIT ACT 1974 ('the Act')

REQUIREMENTS RELATING TO:

Link Financial Limited (Consumer Credit Licence Number 446835),

registered office address: Camelford House, 89 Albert Embankment,

LONDON, SE1 7TP

THE OFT REQUIRES AS FOLLOWS:

That as of 1 May 2009:

1 Link Financial Limited shall not ask neighbours to pass on messages to

a trace subject and shall decline any offers to pass on messages.

For the avoidance of doubt, Link Financial Lirnited is not prevented

from contacting neighbours of a trace subject providing that

a) such contact is made only for the purposes of

ascertaining the current location or address of the trace

subject; and

b) no information is given to the neighbour which might

identify Link Financial Limited or its reasons for seeking

the trace subject.

2 Link Financial Limited will not charge the debtor a fee for locating a

debtor's new address unless the original credit agreement allows for

such a charge to be made and passed on to the debtor.

3 Link Financial Limited will not allocate any payments made under

section 77 / 78 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 to reduce the

balance on the debtor's account. Instead these payments will be

levied as a charge on the customer.

Requirements relating to Link Financial Limited, Consumer Credit Licence 446835

5 May 2009

Page 1 of 2

ANY FAII-URE TO COMPLY WITH THE ABOVE REQUIREMENTS WILL

RENDER LlNK FINANCIAL LIMITED LIABLE TO FURTHER FORMAL ACTION

BY THE OFT. THIS COULD INCLUDE THE IMPOSITION OF FINANCIAL

PENALTIES PURSUANT TO SECTION 39A OF THE ACT AND/OR THE

REVOCATION OF LlNK FINANCIAL LIMITED'S CONSUMER CREDIT LICENCE

PURSUANT TO SECTION 32 OF THE ACT.

Signed: k A&+-

Ray Watson, Director, Consumer Credit Group

Authorised signatory on behalf of the OFT

Date: 5 May 2009

I mean that it is pathetic that no-one can be bothered to complain.

We moan trading standards or the oft or whoever won't do anything but we can't expect them to if we can only gather eight complaints - especially if the most serious one is about the data protection act - something the ICO deal with.

We get the debt collectors and banks we deserve.

Well, something was done when we all complained prior!:

You are making a supposition based on no evidence. We don't know that is what happened.

Is it any wonder people give up when the system is so bloody hopeless lets recap our situation:

Thesis phoned everyone in the phonebook with my partners surname and then eventually contacted her father who she has not heard from in 30+ years due to fears for her safety as a child Thesis then release our address to him and now we have that to deal with.

Thesis say that it is normal "tracing tactic" despite the fact we were not out of touch with them they were ignoring our letters etc.

SLC and Thesis have BOTH constantly lost important paperwork (like the deferment paperwork) and Thesis attempted to blackmail us into having a direct debit setup saying we would be breaking the law if we didn't!!

So far I have contacted:

OFT - thanks for the complaint we don't deal with consumers etc etc

TS - Thanks but no thanks

MP - has written to Thesis CEO

Gordon Brown - received letter saying our complaint has been passed on to the government minister responsible

David Cameron - No reply

Nick Clegg - No reply

FOS - Not our remit

Perhaps you'd like to suggest how to take it further or what I may have not done that should have done, can you see now why people give up, don't bother or just stick their heads in the sand

NO ONE will take responsibility for this absolute bloody mess so if the regulatory bodies won't act how is any consumer supposed to get any justice?

If I wasn't such a stubborn bugger i'd have given up now life's short!!

Oh and btw it isn't JUST about the DPA that is one part of the complaint and as for the ICO they weren't interested either referred us to FOS

I knew that the "Kraken" would pick up on the DPA comment!

by Kraken:

You are making a supposition based on no evidence. We don't know that is what happened."

A supposition?

I, actually repeatedly asked Lambeth Trading Standards to disclose the number of complaints that they had received about Link Financial.

As you are fully aware Lambeth TS would not comply;

they used an exemption.

It would appear, that you hold data about Link Financial that other parties are unable to obtain?

FOS - why did they say it was not their remit? what exactly did you ask them to do?

I don't think the system is useless, I just believe that there is a lot of rubbish spouted about how no-one does anything and how everyone is bias and it is all a conspiracy. I honestly believe that if we get enough info then we can have them shut down or sanctioned. To do that we need a good number of complaints. Look at the size of Link - in order to get a court to shut them down we need enough complaints to get over the 'one rogue employee' argument. Is a court going to shut them down on five complaints, ten? Twenty? Fifty? 100? I think that needs to be measured in the hundreds. I think they are out there but no-one is bothered to say anything so nothing happens. As I said above - we get the debt collectors we deserve.

It would appear, that you hold data about Link Financial that other parties are unable to obtain?

I wish. My comment is only highlighting a flawed deduction. We don't know that the oft action was as a result of hundreds of complaints or because another dca bought the right person at trading standards a pint and asked for a favour to stifle the opposition. It might have been, but we don't know. We also don't know if there were hundreds but now there are none, or thousands. We do know, roughly, how many FOS get, at least that it is under a certain number.

I DONT GIVE A RATS ABOUT GETTING THEM SHUT DOWN I WANT SOME JUSTICE IN MY CASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FOS said student loan not their problem to deal with I didn't ASK them to do anything I just complained about what link had done

As for the one rogue employee thing I was trying to get the person making the phone calls disciplined but Thesis state they followed normal practice and that's ok

So you think the system is ok? That the responses i've had from every agency are ok??

huh not impressed

It shouldn't NEED hundreds of complaints to get companies to obey the law your basically saying because people are scared/fobbed off/conned that they deserve what they get (dca's) some attitude that is

Part of the problem that we have is that obviously, not everyone who Link are persuing are members of this site. Therefore we are only reaching a small percentage of the available complaints. Lots of people are not aware of their rights and so will believe what they are told by a DCA is the truth (what were most of the posters on this thread alone believing before finding CAG) We must find a way to ramp up the awareness of what is really happening, how that is done I dont know, but, I am positive that to find our "choir" and then "orchestra" more publicity is needed.

Dont let the parasite dca's prosper

My complaint.

1) CCJ to charging order within 6 weeks despite the fact had agreed and made payment after CCJ.

2) Adding interest to my balance of CCJ/Charging order, (yes allowed interest but would need to take back to court to enforce).

3) Gave impression to me that would not act fast in removing C/O therefore I had them paid off by a company we have taken 2nd mortage out with along with GE money, however they told mortage company they required just over £500 to release interest on house despite balance being just over £200, I have letter from them confirming just over £200 then they would remove charge, other money is their interest but not part of CCJ etc so not required to release interest in house.

I consider point 1 appaling but point 3 that they have obtained their interest by lying and TBH quite fraudently.

My tuppenceworth.

People ARE complaining to all the regulatory bodies. It is unfair to keep saying "if they dont complain then they are pathetic"

What needs to be discovered is, when say 200 letters arrive at TS/OFT wherever:

do they all go to the same person or dedicated department ?

If they do, is that person/department thinking.. none of these people know that others are complaining.. so the dots will never be connected.

IMHO, only a group complaint can succeed. One letter with 100's of names and addresses. If you let the regulatory bodies know that you are aware there are many others making the same complaint then perhaps they might well sit up and take notice.

However, there you have a major problem. CAGers through the very nature of the site are anonymous.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

We must find a way to ramp up the awareness of what is really happening, how that is done I dont know, but, I am positive that to find our "choir" and then "orchestra" more publicity is needed.

Agreed :cool:

I DONT GIVE A RATS ABOUT GETTING THEM SHUT DOWN I WANT SOME JUSTICE IN MY CASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

Y'see, while I sympathise with you, ultimately, I want them stopped from dishing out pain and heartache generally. Not that fussed about the little picture, I want the big picture.

We must find a way to ramp up the awareness of what is really happening, how that is done I dont know, but, I am positive that to find our "choir" and then "orchestra" more publicity is needed.

Seconded.

People ARE complaining to all the regulatory bodies

Based on the fos figures, I don't think they are.

only a group complaint can succeed. One letter with 100's of names and addresses

I don't think that this is the only thing that could succeed, but I think it is the horse to back.

Ok so number 1 lets keep this tread at the top of page one when Link Financial or any of its associate companies is searched for.

Number 2 if any member of CAG also is a member on a similar site put a link to this thread there so that we are getting maximum coverage.

Number 3 the student loan debacle could be our golden arrow surely some newspaper would love to put one over on this Labour government by showing that the sell off of student loans has in effect already started.

Keep the ideas coming.

Dont let the parasite dca's prosper

I wrote to all CRA's with regard to Link adding their name to a default registered against me by CrapOne. The info is over on my thread " New Boy".( perhaps someone could tell me, in words of one syllable how to add a link to a post ) keep the faith regards

Number 3 the student loan debacle could be our golden arrow surely some newspaper would love to put one over on this Labour government by showing that the sell off of student loans has in effect already started.

Certainly agree on this point, the sell off of the student loans is going to be a huge debate and is one that CAG could use to our advantage if it were to contact the press. (could even increase our membership numbers).

As for me? Link have bought an improperly executed agreement, sent a few (mild) threat-o-grams and several phone calls asking for me by my first name, giving the impression to my family that its my best buddy, changed the options on True Call & now Link dont call at all as they know they wont get through.

Just had another debt sold to Link (whist in dispute) which I am sure is unenforceable due to single premium ppi being added to the credit thus attracting interest, only Link statement of account & Notice of Debt Purchase received so far.

I wrote to all CRA's with regard to Link adding their name to a default registered against me by CrapOne. The info is over on my thread " New Boy".( perhaps someone could tell me, in words of one syllable how to add a link to a post ) keep the faith regards

Post number 145:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/178150-new-boy-8.html

Certainly agree on this point, the sell off of the student loans is going to be a huge debate and is one that CAG could use to our advantage if it were to contact the press. (could even increase our membership numbers).

As for me? Link have bought an improperly executed agreement, sent a few (mild) threat-o-grams and several phone calls asking for me by my first name, giving the impression to my family that its my best buddy, changed the options on True Call & now Link dont call at all as they know they wont get through.

Just had another debt sold to Link (whist in dispute) which I am sure is unenforceable due to single premium ppi being added to the credit thus attracting interest, only Link statement of account & Notice of Debt Purchase received so far.

BBC NEWS | Business | Student loans 'may be sold off'

And, he still intends selling off more of the student loan book (amongst other things)!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/8301787.stm

AC

Edited by angry cat

In your list of subscribed threads, or in the URL browser bar, right click on it and say copy shortcut and then when you are where you want to be, right click on it to paste.......:confused:

There's a good Group Capital One complaint going on 'en masse' at the moment..... timing could be everything....:cool:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/capital-one/226293-capital-one-group-fos.html

It is so important that members register their complaints about Link Financial!

Trading Standards and The Office of Fair Trading are not clairvoyant and at least if you make a record of your concerns on this website/thread, you will be given help and advice on how to present your complaint.

AC