• Tweets

• stuff and all they can do .......they are TOTALLY powerless   and you are well used to dealing with REAL bailiffs anyway looking at your history   
    • ok Finally got home!   I'll try and keep it short however we finally got to an agreeable place   Walked over to sales as there was no more servicing could do especially as the aftersales manager quite simply said they will not be footing the bill. Spoke to the salesman, updated him and he was lost for words and had to ask me where things were left -  Requested senior management to come down - both head of business and general sales manager are off for half term.  That left the buying manager - ironically the same who purchased the car in for the dealership.  He was called downstairs but in the time that he did, he must have called the aftersales manager.   Once down, everything suddenly changed -  I was told they are now 'reaching a compromise' (I assume between the two departments) and it will be put right.  The part is being ordered, is on backorder for 2-3 weeks and once in, they will fit it. This of course means I am potentially out of my 30 day exchange/1000 mile exchange however appreciate I can drag it out if it came to rejecting it.    I got the aftersales manager to put in writing the part IS being ordered and if the part does not for whatever reason fix it, I CAN exercise the exchange regardless of how many days/miles I am out. --This was CCd to the sales manager, the service advisor and the buying manager stating he is accepting/making the decision in the absence of the two other managers.   So all in one- another wasted 5 hours there + the drive up/down but we are hopefully now at a point the final issue will be either permanently fixed or it will be the deciding factor of returning the car.  The part-ex has also gone so it's not like we could even just change back for now.   The part is scheduled to arrive pretty much the week of our due date which really messes this up in terms of transport/planning however we'll cross that bridge then - for now, I need to destress the other half who really did not need this especially with what is essentially for her the baby car    Could I ask - IF it does not fix it and we decide against the exchange - can we still reject?  If we can, what happens to the part-ex thats now gone/auctioned off?   I too believe 99% it will fix it but just curious.     Also just for anyone else taking an interest, the MMI unit that is faulty is not just the navigation but everything Audi - phone, radio, cd, sd card, service indicators, settings for the various components - its all part of the MMI brain.  And so the reason this is important that it is resolved is usually with this unit, if one part fails, it's likely the entire unit will fail.      
    • They don't have to care.  This is Britain - the biggest reaction will be some mild tutting.  The main goal now must be to keep the fear factor high whilst ensuring the pockets of the few continue to be lined.   
    • Cat 6 Marker then. Thats one of the worse you can get.  As @Andyorchsaid... You might need to go to the FOS etc to get this done. We had someone else who went all the way with Tesco and lost. Cat 6 Markers are very difficult to get removed.
  • Our picks

• Hermes lost parcel.. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422615-hermes-lost-parcel/
      • 49 replies
    • Oven repair. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/427690-oven-repair/&do=findComment&comment=5073391
      • 49 replies
    • I came across this discussion recently and just wanted to give my experience of A Shade Greener that may help others regarding their boiler finance agreement.

We had a 10yr  finance contract for a boiler fitted July 2015.

After a summer of discontent with ASG I discovered that if you have paid HALF the agreement or more you can legally return the boiler to them at no cost to yourself. I've just returned mine the feeling is liberating.

It all started mid summer during lockdown when they refused to service our boiler because we didn't have a loft ladder or flooring installed despite the fact AS installed the boiler. and had previosuly serviced it without issue for 4yrs. After consulting with an independent installer I was informed that if this was the case then ASG had breached building regulations,  this was duly reported to Gas Safe to investigate and even then ASG refused to accept blame and repeatedly said it was my problem. Anyway Gas Safe found them in breach of building regs and a compromise was reached.

A month later and ASG attended to service our boiler but in the process left the boiler unusuable as it kept losing pressure not to mention they had damaged the filling loop in the process which they said was my responsibilty not theres and would charge me to repair, so generous of them! Soon after reporting the fault I got a letter stating it was time we arranged a powerflush on our heating system which they make you do after 5 years even though there's nothing in the contract that states this. Coincidence?

After a few heated exchanges with ASG (pardon the pun) I decided to pull the plug and cancel our agreement.

The boiler was removed and replaced by a reputable installer,  and the old boiler was returned to ASG thus ending our contract with them. What's mad is I saved in excess of £1000 in the long run and got a new boiler with a brand new 12yr warranty. 

You only have to look at TrustPilot to get an idea of what this company is like.

• 3 replies
    • Dazza a few months ago I discovered a good friend of mine who had ten debts with cards and catalogues which he was slavishly paying off at detriment to his own family quality of life, and I mean hardship, not just absence of second holidays or flat screen TV's.

I wrote to all his creditors asking for supporting documents and not one could provide any material that would allow them to enforce the debt.

As a result he stopped paying and they have been unable to do anything, one even admitted it was unenforceable.

If circumstances have got to the point where you are finding it unmanageable you must ask yourself why you feel the need to pay.  I guarantee you that these companies have built bad debt into their business model and no one over there is losing any sleep over your debt to them!  They will see you as a victim and cash cow and they will be reluctant to discuss final offers, only ways to keep you paying with threats of court action or seizing your assets if you have any.

They are not your friends and you owe them no loyalty or moral duty, that must remain only for yourself and your family.

If it was me I would send them all a CCA request.   I would bet that not one will provide the correct response and you can quite legally stop paying them until such time as they do provide a response.   Even when they do you should check back here as they mostly send dodgy photo copies or generic rubbish that has no connection with your supposed debt.

The money you are paying them should, as far as you are able, be put to a savings account for yourself and as a means of paying of one of these fleecers should they ever manage to get to to the point of a successful court judgement.  After six years they will not be able to start court action and that money will then become yours.

They will of course pursue you for the funds and pass your file around various departments of their business and out to third parties.

Your response is that you should treat it as a hobby.  I have numerous files of correspondence each faithfully organised showing the various letters from different DCA;s , solicitors etc with a mix of threats, inducements and offers.   It is like my stamp collection and I show it to anyone who is interested!
        • Thanks

Most Recent Legislation - yellow lines and zig zags

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3968 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Are are you saying the No Stopping on Entrance Markings sign invokes a Controlled Parking Zone, which automatically includes any single yellow lines. If so, how far does the CPZ extend, because there are yellow lines either side of both the sets of zigzags too?

Sorry I must have confused you. When I said "what I was attempting to describe above" I was referring to my post immediately preceeding which responded with your first picture. The reason I keep mentioning the CPZ is because you keep mentioning the absence of a sign indicating the time of operation of the SYL but you are unclear whether you are in a CPZ or not and do not seem to know that in a CPZ SYL time plates are not required.

If not, just to clarify, I haven't parked over the words,

I know, I spotted that and have explained how you should argue that the zig-zags behind your car are a separate retriction to those in front.

Nothing in this post constitutes "advice" which I may not, in any event, be qualified to provide.

The only interpretation permitted on this post (or any others I may have made) is that this is what I would personally consider doing in the circumstances discussed. Each and every reader of this post or any other I may have made must take responsibility for forming their own view and making their own decision.

I receive an unwieldy number of private messages. I am happy to respond to messages posted on open forum but am unable to respond to private messages, seeking advice, when the substance of that message should properly be on the open forum.

Many thanks for your assistance and understanding on this.

• 2 weeks later...
If you were in a CPZ no sign is needed for the yellow lines.

In any event some simple photos to show the fact that you were not on a zig zag but on a SYL will show that you did not commit the alleged contravention. A simple "the contravention did not occur" challenge is all that is required.

Just to let you know that ... it is a CPZ ... but the restriction is 1.30-2.30, which is not when the vehicle was parked! I am about to submit the "the contravention did not occur" message....

On the 28th day, I submitted an online challenge to the PCN as follows:

moz-screenshot.pngThere has been a procedural impropriety (described below) on the part of the enforcement authority.

(a) The photographs clearly show that my vehcile was not parked on school entrance markings.

(b) My vehicle was parked on a single yellow line at a time when parking is allowed.

Possible complications:

1. I moved 6 months ago - and only submitted my logbook for my new address a week ago - so the address on my appeal is different to the address that they wrote to me at (forwarded by Royal Mail). I wonder if they find that they issued the PCN incorrectly, that they will have me for taking too long to update my logbook?

2. Their online form said that I had to include a telephone number, but I just entered 01234567890 because I don't want them phoning me. I wonder if they'll tell me off for not putting in a valid phone number?

You might also want to check the Traffic Regulation Order. It is a sad fact of life that many councils do not have the relevant TRO in place for school zig-zags and it renders them un-enforcable as a result. It gives extra ammunition to any appeal.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This does not constitute legal advice and is not represented as a substitute for legal advice from an appropriately qualified person or firm.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Possible complications:

1. I moved 6 months ago - and only submitted my logbook for my new address a week ago - so the address on my appeal is different to the address that they wrote to me at (forwarded by Royal Mail). I wonder if they find that they issued the PCN incorrectly, that they will have me for taking too long to update my logbook?

2. Their online form said that I had to include a telephone number, but I just entered 01234567890 because I don't want them phoning me. I wonder if they'll tell me off for not putting in a valid phone number?

Who are "they"?

You have an obligation to provide DVLA with an address at which you can be reached. You have done that as mail sent to you at your old address got to you.

In any event, LA's have no jurisdiction over matters that fall to the DVLA to enforce.

I don't think "they" are likely to call you. Also, I don't think you are under any obligation to give them any phone no.

Nothing in this post constitutes "advice" which I may not, in any event, be qualified to provide.

The only interpretation permitted on this post (or any others I may have made) is that this is what I would personally consider doing in the circumstances discussed. Each and every reader of this post or any other I may have made must take responsibility for forming their own view and making their own decision.

I receive an unwieldy number of private messages. I am happy to respond to messages posted on open forum but am unable to respond to private messages, seeking advice, when the substance of that message should properly be on the open forum.

Many thanks for your assistance and understanding on this.

• 1 month later...

I have just had a private message from someone who got a PCN in a similar situation outside Eastbury Primary School. Apparently they appealed and it was turned down. I am still waiting to hear from the council for a response to my appeal.

They said that they would respond within 3 months, and if they miss this deadline, I am considering making a complaint to the Local Government Ombudsman for failure to respond within their deadline.

What do you think?

PS. I think it unfair that I was given deadlines of 14-days and 28-days to respond, whereas the council gives themsleves 3 months to respond.