• Tweets

• The incident was 03rd March 2024 - and that was the only letter that I have received from MET 15th April 2024 The charge I paid was at the Stansted Airport exit gate (No real relevance now - I thought this charge was for that!!).   Here is the content of email to them (Yes I know I said I was the driver !!!!) as said above -  I thought this charge was for that!! "Stansted Airport" Dear “To whom it may concern” My name is ??  PCN:  ?? Veh Reg: Date of Incident: 03rd March 2024 I have just received a parking charge final reminder letter, dated 10th April 2024 - for an overstay.  This is the first to my knowledge of any overstay. I am aware that I am out of the 28 days, I don’t mean to be rude, this feels like it is a scam My movements on this day in question are, I pulled into what looked like a service station on my way to pick my daughter and family up from Stansted airport. The reason for me pulling into this area was to use a toilet, so I found Starbucks, and when into there, after the above, I then purchased a coffee. After which I then continued with my journey to pick my daughter up. (however after I sent this email I remember that Starbucks was closed so I then I walked over to Macdonalds) There was no signs about parking or any tickets machines to explains about the parking rules. Once at Stansted, I entered and then paid on exit.  So Im not show where I overstayed my welcome.. With gratitude    
    • Just to enlarge on Dave's great rundown of your case under Penalty. In the oft quoted case often seen on PCNs,  viz PE v Beavis while to Judges said there was a case for claiming that £100 was a penalty, this was overruled in this case because PE had a legitimate interest in keeping the car park free for other motorists which outweighed the penalty. Here there is no legitimate interest since the premises were closed. Therefore the charge is a penalty and the case should be thrown out for that reason alone.   The Appeals dept need informing about what and what isn't a valid PCN. Dummies. You should also mention that you were unable to pay by Iphone as there was no internet connection and there was a long  queue to pay on a very busy day . There was no facility for us to pay from the time of our arrival only the time from when we paid at the machine so we felt that was a bit of a scam since we were not parked until we paid. On top of that we had two children to load and unload in the car which should be taken into account since Consideration periods and Grace periods are minimum time. If you weren't the driver and PoFA isn't compliant you are off scot free since only the driver is liable and they are saying it was you. 
    • Thank you dx. I consider myself well and truly told :) x Thank you dx. I consider myself well and truly told :) x
    • Doubt the uneconomic write off would be registered, unless you agreed to accept write off settlement of the claim. It is just cosmetic damage. All that has happened, is that the car has been looked at and they realised the repair costs are going to exceed the value of the car. If the car is perfectly driveable with no upcoming normal work required to pass next MOT, your current Insurers will continue Insurance and you can accept an amount from third party Insurers to go towards you repairing the scratched bodywork.    
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Restons / MBNA v Me - court date 4th Dec ! help

Potless1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5228 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi all, i've received a court date on 4th Dec for my debt of £11k which i owe to MBNA, the reason i owe the debt & unable to pay is because of redundancy 13 months ago, i have another 2 credit cards with smaller amounts which the companies (barclays & citi card) agreed to minimal payment of £14 & £17 respectively, MBNA refused a minimal amount & wanted amounts of approx £200 per month which was impossible for me so they handed the debt to Reston's but i started sending MBNA £4 each month as a token payment a couple of months ago which i intend to keep up. I have also asked both MBNA & Restons for a copy of the CCA which they both sent & which is so small it is unreadable, i sent them another letter & the same unreadable copy was sent to me again, although there is most probably nothing wrong with the CCA they should send me a readable copy. I am now waiting my case on 4th Dec & dont know what to expect can anyone enlighten me on what will await me & any advice is much appreciated. I am still unemployed which is the first time in my 37 years of employment & because of my age am finding it difficult to get back into full employment.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi

Restons and Mbna follow the same model.

They apply for a CCJ and do not want to have a trial so apply for summary judgement.

If you do not or have a property go for a IVA and that will stop further action. See if a DMP or IVA is cheaper in the long run the CCCS could advise.

If you have a property restons will attempt a charging order application. They do the same all the time and do not care if they have a valid credit agreement or not.

Most of MBNA CCA are invalid but that does not stop them. If you can afford a solicitor at the moment all well and good. Restons rely on most people not being able to afford legal representation.

Apply for a summary judgement application now cost £75 stating that no valid CCA is available compliant with the CCA 1974 and state why it is invalid because of missing prescribed conditions. Plenty of examples on forum.

But remember it is their case and they must prove everything. Do not fall for the usual sh*t about we had a agreement which may of looked like this. If the prescribed conditions are not on the agreement a judge cannot enforce the agreement by law point out the prescribed conditions and case law.

Restons will attempt to bully you with letters.

But just stop paying them - why should you pay for their legal action.

Remember the civil court is not about who is right but who can lie the best in front of the judge.

Restons so called solicitors will attempt any lies as long as the judge falls for it which unfortunately most do because they have no understanding of the CCA 74 and associated regs.

Forget any negotiation with restons this case is due to MBNAs inability to do business properly - it is not your fault you have attempting to act responsibility - silly you!! - is what Restons think.

Fight them all the way and do not make it easy for them and counter every action with a counter claim PPI/ charges anything.

Edited by deckermbnahater

cant give u a link as im using fone browser but search on here 4 fairbyblue's mbna/restons case he won with costs excellent thread with loads of useful info

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

follow that thread and u cant go wrong good luck PF

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

they can repo your home with a charging order but do not worry about that yet as they have to go through loads of hops first and im sure that will not happen with the help of this site and the thread above

If no mortgage on property put the house in partner/wife name means restons cannot touch it unless the account was in a joint name.

I would apply for a summary judgement which since you are unemployed your court fees should be waived, ask the court for further detail.

Just spend alot of time reading the forum and be aware of the distinction between prescribed conditions - no or not all prescribed conditions in CCA no case to answer

Just get your summary application into court to counter restons summary judgement application. You will also need to educate judge in CCA. A well written counter summary judgement application would be the best way to go pointing out how bad their paperwork is. Remember no agreement or agreement containing all prescribed conditions they may bluster but the judge cannot make it enforceable that is Ultra Vires. A District Judge cannot bring back hanging! They cannot do what they like - they must themselves work within the law.

Case law is on your side. If you are based in cheshire get the case thrown out as CCA cases in that county are on hold following further high court hearings.

Charging orders mean that if you do not keep up the amount set by the court the house could be forceably sold. They will say that they just want security on debt which I would not believe - they sell them onto third parties. (Very unlikely do not worry)

The court will not look kindly on forced sale applications were payments are up - to - date.

Upload your credit agreement for checking. If they have not sent you a copy under CPR they must send you a copy of the agreement give them 7 days. Template letters on site. Also point out that any documents that they rely upon in court must be produced 7 days before hearing.

Just read and read the site and learn as much as possible.

People beat the b*stards and just remember solicitors have less ethics than prostitutes.

Also point out that Restons cannot apply 8% interest to the case and cannot apply interest to a charging order under law. Strictly Vorbotten by the consumer credit act overriding the later civil court legislation.

Also be aware that the solicitors at court do not like it up them - itimadition in the court waiting area is allowed.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/dca-legal-successes/170484-fairbyblue-mbna-restons-court.html

Case Won keep life going dont let them ruin your life - work on getting that new job - and do not let restons ruin your relationships.

As you are unemployed try a free course at a local college to spend time out of the house and give your mind something else to work upon. Also get somebody to go to court with you on the day.

Edited by deckermbnahater

hi, here are copies of my default notice & cca i have been sent, i do not have the envelope for the default notice.

http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk278/yid-old-boy/CCA.jpg

http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk278/yid-old-boy/DN.jpg

cheers

Edited by Potless1

did they send u the terms and conditions ? Ill view DN and agreement in morning as my fone screen is too small PF

but from what i could see it looks very similar to mine and if so they are on a very sticky wicket

I would get a Subject access request off to MBNA as soon as possible.

I would include a specific request for the "Comms Log" or the Customer Information System" print out relating to the account account number.

Template letter here - The Consumer Forums - Debt collectors

BTW - the Default Notice is ineffective. Have a read of this -

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/show-post/post-2166205.html

hi s/s, i was sent the comms log & the terms are above which were also sent to me so the SAR is a no goer ! All i've got in my favour really is the crap CCA which is unreadable & the default notice which you have said is ineffective which i will look over now in the link you posted.

cheers

Also those terms and conditions are NOT the historical ones i.e. the ones you signed to this i know because they state £12 fees those fees where brought in, in 2007 by the OFT

Your agreement was signed in 2005 when the fees where higher.

The terms and conditions are also not in the 4 corners of the agreement

PF

Did you pay payment protection insurance i ask because the box requesting it is not ticked so you may have a counter claim.

PF

Ok edit this to suit your needs you are requesting the agreement not a pre-contractual application form which is what you have and the historical terms and conditions.

Dear Sir,

Re: (Claimant's name) v (Your name) Case No:

CPR 31.14 Request

On (date) I received the Claim Form in this case issued by you out of the (Name) County Court.

I confirm having returned my acknowledgement of service to the court in which I indicate my intention to contest all of your claim.

[Prior to the issue of proceedings I had delivered a request for the production of the agreement mentioned in the Claim Form and on which you rely. That request was ignored][delete if no such request was delivered]

Please treat this letter as my request made under CPR 31.14 for the disclosure and the production of a verified and legible copy of [each of the following / the] document(s) mentioned in your Particulars of Claim:

1 the agreement. You will appreciate that in an ordinary case and by reason of the provisions of CPR PD 16 para 7.3, where a claim is based upon a written agreement, a copy of the contract or documents constituting the agreement should be attached to or served with the particulars of claim and the original(s) should be available at the hearing. Further, that any general conditions incorporated in the contract should also be attached.

2 the assignment*

3 the default notice*

4 the termination notice*

5 [any other documents mentioned in the Particulars of Claim]*

* delete if not mentioned in the Particulars of claim.

[Although your claim is for a sum which is not more than £5,000.00 and will in all likelihood be allocated to the small claims track for determination upon my delivering a defence, at this moment in time I have not delivered my defence and the case has not been allocated to a track. In consequence the provisions of CPR 27(2) are of no effect and you should not seek to avoid compliance with your CPR 31 duties by claiming otherwise]#

# delete if claim for a sum exceeding £5,000.00

You should ensure compliance with your CPR 31 duties and ensure that the document(s) I have requested are copied to and received by me within 7 days of receiving this letter. Your CPR 31 duties extend to making a reasonable and proportionate search for the originals of the documents I have requested, the better for you to be able to verify the document's authenticity and to provide me with a legible copy. Further, where I have requested a copy of a document, the original of which is now in the possession of another person, you will have a right to possession of that document if you have mentioned it in your case. You must take immediate steps to recover and preserve it for the purpose of this case.

Where I have mentioned a document and there is in your possession more than one version of that same document owing to a modification, obliteration or other marking or feature, each version will be a separate document and you must provide a copy of each version of it to me. Your obligations extend to making a reasonable and proportionate search for any version(s) to include an obligation to recover and preserve such version(s) which are now in the possession of a third party.

In accordance with CPR 31.15© I undertake to be responsible for your reasonable copying costs incurred in complying with this CPR 31.14 request.

If you require more time in which to comply with this request you must tell me in writing. You must tell me before the time for compliance with this request has expired. In telling me you require more time you must tell me what steps you have taken and propose to take in order to comply with this request and also state a date by when you will comply with this request. In addition your statement must be accompanied with a statement that you agree to an extension of the time for me to file my defence. Your extension of time must be not less than 14 days from the date when you say you will have complied with my request and you must state the new date for filing my defence.

If you are unable to comply with this request and believe that you will never be able to comply with this request you must tell me in writing.

Please note that if you should fail to comply with this request, fail to request more time or fail to agree to an extension of time for the filing of my defence, I will make an application to the court for an order that the proceedings be struck out or stayed for non-compliance and a summary costs order.

I do hope this will not be necessary and look forward to hearing from you.

yours faithfully

Just to clarify why I think the default notice is defective.

MBNA, 99.999 % of the time, will send out their Default Notices using UKMail's Special service. This service is not deemed a first class postal service ( check out UKmail's website to read what they say about their special 3 day class service ;) ) and is therefore classed as a second class postal service. It would be good if you still have the envelope.

The Interpretation Act 1978 clearly states that a second class letter is deemed served on the 4th working day after postage.

Postage is normally deemed to be done on the date of the letter.

So, your Default Notice was produced on the Tuesday 7th April 2009 and posted; the letter would be deemed served on the Wednesday 15th April 2009. This would only give you 9 days to remedy instead oif the required 14 days under the CCA1974.

Lets have a look how this is so -

Tue 7th April - Posted

Wed 8th - Day 1 allowed for postage

Thur 9th - Day 2 alowed for postage

Fri 10th - Good Friday Bank Holiday ( Non Working Day) :)

Sat 11th - Non Working Day :)

Sun 12th - Non working Day :)

Mon 13th - Easter Monday Bank Holiday (Non Working day) :)

Tue 14th - Day 3 allowed for postage

Wed 15th - Day 4, Default Notice deemed served.

Thur 16th - Day 1 allowed to remedy

Fri 17th - Day 2 allowed to remedy

Sat18th - Day 3 allowed to remedy

Sun 19th - Day 4 allowed to remedy

Mon 20th - Day 5 allowed to remedy

Tue 21st - Day 6 allowed to remedy

Wed 22nd - Day 7 allowed to remedy

Thur 23rd - Day 8 allowed to remedy

Friday 24th - Day 9 allowed to remedy

Now if MBNA come back and state they posted it first class then you would need to put them to strict proof of this.

Hope this explains what you didn't understand.

Please do send off for the MBNA comms log, as this will reveal the postal service and the date used for the DN.

Finally, get that CPR 31.14 letter off ASAP, as suggested by Pompeyfaith.

Hi, Read my post as I was in very similar position and won with costs

It was posted above but here it is again.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/dca-legal-successes/170484-fairbyblue-mbna-restons-court.html

Check dates on default notice but get your hands on the Comms Log via SAR and it will reveal a load of whoppers !!!!

Good luck i will try to help as much as i can

Cheers

Potless,

I have MBNA'S comms log key that will help you to understand the abbreviations mbna use ill post it up for you.

Here you go this will make it easier for you.

MBNACOMMSLOGABBRIVIATIONSKEY.jpg