Help with 'Welcome' please.

dawnytrish
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4653 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Dawny, just on the questionairre, you might want to ignore the "trap" questions by only answering either question 1 or 10 and putting "nto applicable for my complaint" as answers.

These words may be useful for you in q1 or q10:

The reason that I believe that I was missold PPi cover was that I was explicitly informed by your sales agent that we would not in any circumstances qualify for the loan without insurances due to our credit history.

In other words the PPI was never presented as an optional product to me and as such I was forced to take the product unfairly.

For your reference I was never given the option or quotes for taking out the loan with no insurances attached, the insurances themselves were not fully explained (Other than they were a necessity) and therefore were not sold following an accurate analysis of whether or not we required said cover and therefore were missold.

This means that questions 2-9 on your questionnaire are not appropriate for me to answer. Clearly there was no investigation or "fact finding" process at the front end to establish if this cover was suitable for me nor did investigations into what existiing cover I may have had, what medical conditions I may have been suffering from or what comparative quotes were available for comparison purposes, it is therefore inappropriate to conduct these investigations after the event.

Equally as important, to repeat, the cover was not offered it was sold as a compulsary policy so it is irrelevant as to whether or not policies may have benefited me as the option to take these out was never presented and I was misinformed that they were in fact compulsory after later discovering that they were optional.

My circumstances were not considered at the time of applying these policies to my loans; therefore play no part in assessing mis-selling after the event. I was told that I had to take out the insurance to get the loan and so was misinformed and would like this resolving immediately.

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly right Major, Dawny you dont need to send the questionaire back as you have laid out your complaint out in your orriginal letter so your choice if you wish to reply. However in my opinion I think it is better to reply as it shows your co-operation and stops any delays, I would follow Majors guidence though and also check out my thread on how I laid out my reply.

Let me know what you decide and ask for help if your struggling with this.

Thanks Major and Ozzy.

I do think I need to reply but dont think I should fill in the questionaire.....after all thay have already said they would cancel the ppi and put the account back to how it would have been at the start......although this didnt seem to happen on the new agreement....and they wouldnt tell us how much could be refunded said it would depend on how many payments we made in the future?????

I am at a loss what to say to them as they seem to be working backwards.

Will have to have a think and look at your suggestions Ozzy.

Thanks again

Dawn xx

Hello everyone....

Ozzy....I have had a read of the above but dont really feel I need to return the questionaire as they have already agreed that the ppi would be removed from the agreement and then we sign a restructured one.

I am just getting in such a pickle with this now because they totally ignore anything you ask them and answer with something else.....anyway this is what I have come up with.....any suggestions/pointers would really be appreciated on this now....

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your letter of xx/xx/xx regarding an E-form that you have received about my complaint.

I am not returning the questionaire to you as you have already agreed to restructure this loan minus the ppi in a letter dated xx/xx/xx.

However, I have twice written to you sending copies to both you and the local office regarding the account now being in dispute.You have totally ignored these letters and my queries.

I have yet to receive a Statement of Account from you as requested on numerous occassions.

I have stated previously that I am quite prepared to repay this loan if this is sorted to a satisfactory conclusion and now that the account is in dispute and no payments are currently being made it should be quite simple for you to work out any refund figures so that I can have all the information before I sign a restructured agreement.

I would be very grateful if you would look back at my file and read the last two letters that I have sent you dated xx/xx/xx and xx/xx/xx and then reply to me accordingly.

I await a prompt reply on this matter.

Yours...................

Edited by dawnytrish

sorry dawn i dont know how i missed this, letter looks fine :) hope you are well :)

I am a consumer just like you, please get a second opinion or investigate yourself on anything I advise as I am in no way legally trained. Everything I know has come from the Mighty CAG and fellow CAGGERS. :cool:

If I have helped in any way please click my reputation star and make a donation to CAG to enable us all to continue to help each other :cool:

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Dawn, any response to your letters yet?

Welcome have as yet failed to respond to my "shove your new agreement" letter following their admission that PPI was mis-sold. We havent paid the April payment and today had one of their collections team at the door :rolleyes:

Sent him packing with a flea in his ear and told him that we were only dealing with head office...will be interesting to see their next move :D

hope all going well dawn x

I am a consumer just like you, please get a second opinion or investigate yourself on anything I advise as I am in no way legally trained. Everything I know has come from the Mighty CAG and fellow CAGGERS. :cool:

If I have helped in any way please click my reputation star and make a donation to CAG to enable us all to continue to help each other :cool:

Hi DJ and Beyond.

Last week we had a phone call from local branch asking how things were going...LOL.You would think that they could look on their system wouldn't you:roll:.Anyway we said we were still awaiting a reply re our complaints and she said ok.....She really is very nice:).....dont know why she works there!!!!

Had a letter at the end of last week from compliance just to say that they are still looking into our complaints and they hope to have a reply to us within four weeks.

The time we gave them in our letter is up tomorrow but we will just wait patiently.

Nothing is being paid at the moment .....

Will let you know as soon as we get anything back.

Dawnx

Hi DJ and Beyond.

Last week we had a phone call from local branch asking how things were going...LOL.You would think that they could look on their system wouldn't you:roll:.Anyway we said we were still awaiting a reply re our complaints and she said ok.....She really is very nice:).....dont know why she works there!!!!

Had a letter at the end of last week from compliance just to say that they are still looking into our complaints and they hope to have a reply to us within four weeks.

The time we gave them in our letter is up tomorrow but we will just wait patiently.

Nothing is being paid at the moment .....

Will let you know as soon as we get anything back.

Dawnx

I cannot believe that you have ended up with what must be the only 'nice' welcome employee :lol: Im glad they arent hassling you and at least they have given a response of sorts even if its not answers. :)

I cannot believe that you have ended up with what must be the only 'nice' welcome employee :lol: Im glad they arent hassling you and at least they have given a response of sorts even if its not answers. :)

I know.....I just hope they dont close the local branch before we have sorted this.......

I do realise how lucky we are not having much hassle when I read some of the horrendous stories on here.I just hope I am not speaking too soon:rolleyes:.

Touch wood............:lol:

All the best

Dawnx

Im the same Dawny Ive had no hassle since December and not paid a penny since then, Nothing!!. :D

As always please check and double check what myself and other Caggers inform.

If you like my Post please dont be shy give my Scales a little tickle :-)

Im the same Dawny Ive had no hassle since December and not paid a penny since then, Nothing!!. :D

Pair of jammy dodgers :lol: although to be fair mine havent called dispute the area manager saying ignore the request and contact anyway, ive had NOTHING on the HP at all and just nagging letters on the loan so not overly harrassing

Hi Guys,

Had a final response yesterday......................................it's an exact copy of the final response and restructured loan agreement that they sent us two months ago!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:confused:

However....I have now noticed that the letter we received a few days ago saying that they would reply to our queries within four weeks has a different complaint number........

Obviously two people..two desks.....:rolleyes:

We are going to ignore this final response for now and await another one from the other desk.:D:lol:

Dawnxx

Hi Guys,

Had a final response yesterday......................................it's an exact copy of the final response and restructured loan agreement that they sent us two months ago!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:confused:

However....I have now noticed that the letter we received a few days ago saying that they would reply to our queries within four weeks has a different complaint number........

Obviously two people..two desks.....:rolleyes:

We are going to ignore this final response for now and await another one from the other desk.:D:lol:

Dawnxx

as organised as ever eh! :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Guys

Still awaiting their reply to our quesrions which we should have within the next two days if they stick to what they said in their last letter giving themselves four weeks.

Been away and came back to Default Notice.

This states it has to be dealt with within 14 days from the date of the notice...........the notice is dated May 2nd.....a Sunday.....before the bank holiday Monday......would they really be working on that day.:confused:

I have the envelope which has no date but it is printed with some sort of code and zone.

Can anyone tell me if I ought to reply to this or are people ignoring them and waiting to see what happens next.

Any ideas what to do next folks would be gresatly appreciated.

Hope everyones well....going to catch up on the threads now.

Love Dawnx