Help with 'Welcome' please.

dawnytrish
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4626 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guys.

I have read the Welcome thread from start to finish and thought I would start my own now.

My daughters boyfriend took out a loan with Welcome just before he met her last year and when I saw the interest rate I couldn't believe my eyes.

We have done a CCA and this turned up on Thursday so I would be grateful if someone could have a look to see if it seems ok.(I can't believe the interest rate is legal:-x)

He is not very worldly wise (Long story) and I think they saw him coming.They told him he needed to take the insurances to receive the loan so he agreed.On his Statement and needs thing it states that they suggested life cover even though he has no dependents (he has two children by his ex) and he told them this because they said that they may need to see any working tax credits he and his ex were receiving.?

We have no documents supporting these insurances and would like to reclaim PPI.Any help would be appreciated and do we need to do a SAR before we can start any reclaiming.

Welcome CCA picture by dawnytrish - Photobucket

I hope I have done this link right....this is all new to me.

I think you are all fab for bringing this to peoples attention.

Thanks again.

Dawnx

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know if these policies are only for 24 months.

The statement of needs says the Lifecover if for 5 years and the Personal Accident Plan for 3 years.

As I said we have had no other details on these policies.

I think we will have to SAR.

Dawnx

Hi,

Thanks for that Post.

I have just rang them but they won't speak to me apart from to say they do have a few policies in his name so I will get him to ring them in the morning and ask for all the policies to be sent.

Thanks for taking the time on this.Will let you know the outcome.

Dawnx

A small update.

This loan account is being paid weekly and we were told last Friday that sixty odd pounds needed to be paid by Tuesday to keep it up to date.My daughter went in on Tuesday and was asked to pay £55.????which she did.

Yesterday they were phoned twice by Welcome, once from a landline(not their usual one) and once from a mobile asking what time on Friday they would be making a payment.They were told that this weeks payment had already been paid and after much ado the chap said 'Oh yes thats correct.

Today ...another phone call from ANOTHER mobile...what time are you coming in to pay??:???:

In the meantime my daughter had telephoned Direct group who said they had nothing for the address where daughters boyfriend was living when the loan was taken out so she rang Welcome and asked them for policy numbers.Welcome staff gave her some numbers and then asked what time was she going in to pay today.:???:

She said she wasn't and would they please send a statement of account.They asked why she wanted one.And said it would cost £10.My daughter said she wanted to see what charges had been added and what she was paying interest on.The snotty cow said 'you are paying interest on a loan'

Daughter said she would wait until next month when the loan has been running for a year as a statement should be sent then anyway.

The girl then asked what time she would be paying next Friday.:?Daughter said she didn't know yet and was then asked why she was being Awkward.

She has now telephoned Direct group again and they say they will look out the policies and send them.

Should we SAR Welcome anyway while we are waiting for these insurance policies to appear.Or just wait another month for the Statement to arrive.

Thoughts appreciated.

Thanks

Dawnx

well well

welcome giving the run around agaim

for your info, welcome have to send a statement of acount once a year

its the law

so direct group have said they have nothing on you

no surprise in that

sar welcome and direct group

ime starting to enjoy this thread

you are going to have a pleasent surprise at the end me thinks

Thanks Post.

I will get these done over the weekend.

Can you please point me in the right direction for a template letter.

I am starting to enjoy this too.:grin:

Thanks for taking the time on this.

Dawnx

Hi Post.

Still waiting patiently for the template.:)

In the meantime could you have a look at this please.

After telephoning Welcome for some policy details we phoned Direct group.

This has turned up today but not sure where from.As you can see it mentions the enclosed policy wordings.But this one sheet arrived on its own.:-|

Does this mean that there really is a policy.....I would have thought that there should be seperate policies for each insurance.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Welcome Policy Schedule picture by dawnytrish - Photobucket

Thank you for looking.

Dawnx