Interesting question regarding Additional Card Holders

joemay

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4705 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ok have been sent an Application form and the section for additional cardholder goes like this:

Someone can share your account

If you would like to share the benefits of the marbles card with your partner or other family member over 18 simply complete the details below bla, bla,bla

Now interesting point:

I agree to be bound by the marbles card terms & cond (which are subject to change) I also agree that you may give imformation which you hold from time to time about me as an additional cardholder to:

(i) any agent acting on your behalf and to the Principal Cardholder as may be necessary for the administration of the card account, enforcement or settlement:-o

Unfortunately they haven't sent a copy of the original t&cs so can't check them.:mad:

Does anyone know if they would have a legal right to transfer enforcement to the additional card holder. My understanding has alway been that principal card holders were always responsible. Could they legally try and enforce a debt with the additional card holder. Any letters statement etc., have always be sent to Principle card holder.

As always, all comments and advise greatly appreciated.

Joemay

they can only chase the principal not the additional holder. the contract is between the OC and the principal signee

• Haha 1

PGH7447

Getting There Slowly

---------

Advice is given freely but is in no way meant to be taken as Gospel:-)

Hi PGH7447 Sorry just want to clairify - the section on the application (i) as stated above, has been signed by the additional card holder does it make it binding or is it still the original principal applicant who they can chase?

Hi PGH7447 Sorry just want to clairify - the section on the application (i) as stated above, has been signed by the additional card holder does it make it binding or is it still the original principal applicant who they can chase?

Just the origonal applicant or card holder. These are not joint accounts.