Just received a bill from 3 years ago....Where do I stand?

Gooders
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5320 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hoping anyone out there can help me with my query, I have just received a bill from 3 saying I owe them £114 for a contract that was cancelled 3 years ago! To say I was not impressed is to put it lightly! I stress I cannot remember this account fully and if I had cancelled the contract I would have paid the bill at the time and not left it hanging over my head!

My query is can they do this? They have passed my details to the lovley people at Lowell Finance and I am now concerned they have screwed with my credit rating. Is there anything that I can do?

So far I have called 3 & Lowell and told them I am disputing the debt. I will back this up with a letter. I will also write off to the CRAs to make sure they have not put anything on my rating and will let them know it is in dispute should they have done so.

My thoughts on how to proceed are along the lines of asking them for copies of my consumer credit agreement. Is this a sensible way to go and if so do they fall under the same guidelines as loans/credit cards etc??? Ie if they cannot provide me a copy of this can I refuse to pay unless they provide me proof that an agreement was in place???

I am at a loss and would appreciate any advice as if I have ways to proceed or if I should just 'man up' and pay them???

Please help if you can.

If I have helped tip my scales:)

I am not a legal eagle, professional accountant, [problem] artist or axe murder so please bear in mind that my advice is just that advice from someone in the same boat as you.......

Claims:

Lloyds TSB Acct 1 - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request)'d/Statements received/£2500ish to be claimed + contractual interest

Lloyds TSB Acct 2 - *WON* over £5K won with compond CI at 28.9%

Lloyds TSB PPI *WON* - CCA'd/They cant find agreement/£2650 awarded

Halifax TSB Closed account issues*WON* - £610 in compensation for an account closed with £10 in it!

Student Loans - 20 Feb 07 CCA'd/on back burner for now

Hmmm seems Im on the right end of winning, God that feels GOOD!

who is the OC please

and what type of 'contract'?

you keep phoning lowells you'll get lots of lovely mug markers on your DCA file, keep off that phone!

dx

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

In all honesty I cannot remember any of those details hance why I am disputing the bill.

I think I will SAR and take it from there.

Are companies like 3 controlled by the CCA?

If I have helped tip my scales:)

I am not a legal eagle, professional accountant, [problem] artist or axe murder so please bear in mind that my advice is just that advice from someone in the same boat as you.......

Claims:

Lloyds TSB Acct 1 - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request)'d/Statements received/£2500ish to be claimed + contractual interest

Lloyds TSB Acct 2 - *WON* over £5K won with compond CI at 28.9%

Lloyds TSB PPI *WON* - CCA'd/They cant find agreement/£2650 awarded

Halifax TSB Closed account issues*WON* - £610 in compensation for an account closed with £10 in it!

Student Loans - 20 Feb 07 CCA'd/on back burner for now

Hmmm seems Im on the right end of winning, God that feels GOOD!

No, CCA is not applicable. Send the "Prove it" letter!

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar