Leeds Losers Chasing Natwest Debt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4225 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guys, any help and advice regarding this would be greatly appreciated.

I have read alot about Lowells on the forums and seem quite intrigued!! Anyway to the problem in hand, I used to hold an account with Natwest circa 2004, i had gone overdrawn due to charges on this account and requested the account was "frozen" whilst i cleared this debt i had accomlished this but never closed the account leaving it at a balance of pennies, until Tiscali attempted to take a DD from the account which had all been cancelled due to the previous issue. i was therefore given the usual dd return charges, OD charges etc. I told Natwest i wasnt prepared to pay these as the DD should never have been presented (no new mandate was set up) and therefore the charges applied was unfair. I heard nothing further from them regarding the matter therefore i (foolishly assumed) it had been rectified until last year i received a letter (at my new address) from Red and also a telephone call a few weeks later about it, i stated on the phone that the debt should not exist and explained the above. Things went quiet until i recently moved again where i have recieved a couple of letters from Lowells and now most recently from Hamptons (which as i understand are on the next desk from Red/Lowells) stating legal action etc etc.

Could anyone give advice which letters to send to the Monkeys and also any letters/action i should take against Natwest re the charges.

Sorry it seems longwinded just wanted to get as much info across as poss. oh n the debt stands at the princely sum of £139.61

Edited by rick1981

write to the bank and demand their complaints procedure, and also a breakdown of how these charges ame into being for an unathorised DD set up without your consent, send a copy to the leeds losers and tell them account in dipsute, so sod off

PGH7447

Getting There Slowly

---------

Advice is given freely but is in no way meant to be taken as Gospel:-)

Hi,

You cancelled the DD so Natwest should never have paid the amount demanded.

All your charges stem from this, get them refunded.

Also, I'll bet your credit file has been marked by Natwest so when you get these charges refunded, make sure you get the adverse marks removed.

The Direct Debit guarantee means that if someone takes anything from your account without your permission, the bank has to refund it

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Hi,

You cancelled the DD so Natwest should never have paid the amount demanded.

All your charges stem from this, get them refunded.

Also, I'll bet your credit file has been marked by Natwest so when you get these charges refunded, make sure you get the adverse marks removed.

The Direct Debit guarantee means that if someone takes anything from your account without your permission, the bank has to refund it

Thanks for the advice guys. Any suggestions on what i could include in the letter to NW regarding the DD guarantee, and would it be a general SAR i send for statements and breakdown of charges etc?

Not sure if they have marked my credit file altho having taken out a moby contract (had to pay a deposit mind) and bought a car on finance (welcome of all lenders only ones to accept me but is a decent enough car and getting my moneys worth out of PPI forced upon me with being made redundant) over the last year.

Have just checked my credit report with Experian, there is nothing listed from NW but i have seen Lowells have made several checks on my file (thus, i believe, making it appear to lenders i have made several applications for credit when it was Lowell in fact conducting a search) other then that my file looks good and in order!

hi.

agree with PGH and fox.

complain and get your money back.

would save your £10 SAR

and first try ringing natwest

relations complaint unit freephone 0800 015 4212.

see what they say;)

SAM

SAM:pLOWELL DETESTER.

SO PROUD OF MY AVATAR,THAT TOOK ME WEEKS TO WORK OUT HOW TO GET ONE.:lol:

PLZ CLICK MY SCALES IF YOU LIKE WHAT I SAY.

OR IF I HAVE HELPED IN ANY WAY.:smile:

Thanks for your reply Sam, the account is from about 5 years ago (last statement i hold is 5 years to the day) would they still be able to trace this, also i have noticed the account refs are different, NW acc 50xxxxxx Lowells state acc no as 92xxxxxx hmmmmm got me thinking deeper on this one now!

Thanks for your reply Sam, the account is from about 5 years ago (last statement i hold is 5 years to the day) would they still be able to trace this, also i have noticed the account refs are different, NW acc 50xxxxxx Lowells state acc no as 92xxxxxx hmmmmm got me thinking deeper on this one now!

They are legally obliged to keep records for six years, running from the time the account closed.

David

think they should retain for 6 years.

are all the numbers different as in

50 123456 / 92 678910

or just first two from 50 to 92

Edited by sam614
not saying.do not be nosy

SAM:pLOWELL DETESTER.

SO PROUD OF MY AVATAR,THAT TOOK ME WEEKS TO WORK OUT HOW TO GET ONE.:lol:

PLZ CLICK MY SCALES IF YOU LIKE WHAT I SAY.

OR IF I HAVE HELPED IN ANY WAY.:smile: