PlumFairy v Wonga

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5303 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just had another e-mail from them wanting me to call them, to discuss my proposal. I really don't want to discuss it over the 'phone. Can I tell them that?

Plus they have added a £55 so called 'fee' and another £50 in interest!!!!!:eek:

Would the best move be to put this into dispute to stop the interest and charges?

Thank you :mad:

Edited by PlumFairy

Another day another e-mail....... More interest......... apparently I'm ignoring them (I wish).

Won't accept my offer and wittering on about DCAs.

They finish by saying that they want me to make payment to show my intentions....... I'm trying too, it's them that are being obstructive and i refuse to call them! :-x

how much did you owe them before you defaulted ??

I think the origional loan was for £450. It is now up to about £600 in two weeks!. They can whistle if they think they are going to get that !!!!!

Edited by PlumFairy

These people need a lesson in English. Only want to communicate in writibg means just that, so asking to speak to me, no matter how much you want to hear my voice - it isn't going to happen!!!

E-mail about frustrating my attempts to resolve the matter winging it's way I think!

Oh and if it did ever go to court, I'd like to see them explain the fact that in about two weeks the amount owed has doubled :eek:

:???::???:

Was about to hit send and realised that they have included this bit.....

Please can you advise us what specifically has changed in your circumstances since you commenced your loan with us on XXXX and how that has affected your ability to repay the contracted amount on the due date. Please note that we may required documentary evidence of any change in circumstances.

Any help on how to respond would be greatly appreciated.

Can they ask for this info? and if so, what should I give them?

That wasn't in my wonga emails, but I wouldn't send them anything, just explain why through email.

Have you asked for the charges/interest to be frozen? I did and they stopped it so it's worth a shot if you've not done it yet.

I've agreed a repayment plan and I've got their bank details for a standing order so it takes time to sort out but they eventually listen!

That wasn't in my wonga emails, but I wouldn't send them anything, just explain why through email.

Have you asked for the charges/interest to be frozen? I did and they stopped it so it's worth a shot if you've not done it yet.

I've agreed a repayment plan and I've got their bank details for a standing order so it takes time to sort out but they eventually listen!

Yep I did that first. Going to send the next one by post I think, then there is no denying that they have got it.

What gets me is the threats to damage my credit file...... Lets face it if my credit file was in good shape I wouldn't be borrowing from them in the first place :roll:

Think they are still playing hard ball with me as it's only been a couple of weeks since default.

Did they put in writing that they were freezing interest?

What you need to do is inform Wonga by email that you are now going to Trading Standards and the OFT as they have failed to answer the correspondence you have sent them offering to pay - and this is what has substantially changed and that by the same emails you have provided " documentary evidence of any change in circumstances"

Really these people seem to live to create a 'default' situation that cannot possibly be remedied, perhaps you should also remind them that any default notice should give you 14 clear days (NOT INCLUDING WEEKENDS AND BANK HOLIDAYS) to remedy any IMMEDIATE default arrears amount BEFORE they go for the whole amount.

What you need to do is inform Wonga by email that you are now going to Trading Standards and the OFT as they have failed to answer the correspondence you have sent them offering to pay - and this is what has substantially changed and that by the same emails you have provided " documentary evidence of any change in circumstances"

Really these people seem to live to create a 'default' situation that cannot possibly be remedied, perhaps you should also remind them that any default notice should give you 14 clear days (NOT INCLUDING WEEKENDS AND BANK HOLIDAYS) to remedy any IMMEDIATE default arrears amount BEFORE they go for the whole amount.

Not actually had a default notice yet and no charges, so can't put them into dispute, just the interest.

Will e-mail them then instead of sending letter.

Can I still go down the TS and OFT route as they say that will discuss it but by 'phone no matter how many times I say that I want to keep everything in writing. Could this be their way of wriggling out of any complaint put in?

Could I also make a point of their 'please make payment to show your intentions' comments as they are really annoying. I want to yell back.... I'M BLOOMIN' TRYING TOO!

• 2 weeks later...
Another letter to say call them.

Someone has their finger stuck on the template and send button I think AAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

For me, it took about 5 or 6 "in writing" emails before they finally stopped sending template letters and I started to talk to a real person, then he asked me to call in every single email he wrote. He finally gave up and the account was discussed via email, so I guess you'll just have to live with their stupidity for a bit longer yet.:x

Hi Plumfairy

I have just joined because I have a loan with Wonga,which I defaulted on 22/9/2009. I got emails from them saying they had misjudged their trust in me and are really concerned that my credit file is going to now be darkened. So, after getting no where with them - they ignore your emails of repayment offers etc, only ONCE you let them know you have contacted the OFT (or so it seems.) I emailed the OFT because Wonga siphoned £188 out of my bank account, despite my stating that I was having financial problems......they were only compounding the problem by doing that. When OFT replied I forwarded their email to Wonga and then Wonga replied to my latest repayment offer. I am still pursuing the money they deducted as my argument is that they could have accepted my original repayment offer made at the beginning. Instead, after several harassing emails/letters, and extracting money from my account, they seem to have suddenly become a bit more human (probably thanks to the OFT).

Try the OFT as I did.

;)