Geoffrey Parker Bourne

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5317 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi i recieved a letter from these guys about 2 months ago i was working away and never go there letters til i returned home by this time they were saying i was going to end up in court, as i havent been well i setup to pay them monthly as much as i could as the last thing i want to do is end up in court,

Since then i have lost my job and had to move out of my flat because of this, i want to go to oz to work as i know in what i do there are loads of jobs out there and i have a few interviews already for when i get there, but in the mean time i can only pay them about £10 a month, plus i have no address for them to contact me on and dont want them sending stuff to my old address still, any advice would be great im trying to get out of debt the honest way but seems to be failing

Well if you haven't an address for them to contact you on then it's going to be difficult for them to agree anything with you.

I guess you could try setting up a standing order (not a direct debit, don't make that mistake) with them ...but no address when you're actually wanting to pay someone can make it difficult...it's usually the other way around, it's when you don't want to pay someone that all of a sudden you don't have an address for them to contact you on.;)

I reside in Dawlish Warren but am not a rabbit.

i was thinking that if i set up a standing order for what ever i can afford this proves to the court that im willing to pay and that doing my best, if it goes that far but how will they take it to court with no address ? and if im paying something that looks better for me ?

I think a judge may look at your payment record favourably when it came to apportioning the costs of the hearing but if the relevant paperwork was in place and the judgement was made it would not affect his decision to award the judgement against as simply put you owed the money so the action by the creditor was justified.

I would say send the people pursuing you a CCA request but as you have no forwarding address this may prove difficult.

If you still have access to your previous address you could always consider setting up a redirect via Royal Mail from the address to their local delivery office..costs around £60 ...lasts for a year and any mail for you goes to the delivery office and you can pick it up (the local delivery office must be in the same area as your address) the only problem with this is if you don't have access to the address or are not friendly with the current occupier as Royal Mail usually send a letter to the address to confirm the redlivery...if it's returned undelivered by the current occupier the redirection request will fail and you're back to sqaure one.

You may find that with no job the £10 you're offering to pay is too much, I'd start at £1 and go from there, the only downside is that you'll have a ccj registered against you but if you're off to OZ it might not affect you as adversely as it may in the UK.

thanks think ill go down the route of sending a cca request 1st and see if i can get the debt moved to the oringal creditor as i may have a bit more flexiblity with them, ill get down to the post office and sort my mail out and least i can keep on top of the bullying there about to do, funny how i know loads of people who have had there credit problems dissapear with saying there credit agreement isnt inforceable and heres me wanting to pay when i can and as much as i can afford and im the one losing out doesnt make sense to me

whats the worst that could happen when i get i back

You'd lose your suntan .....

But seriously if there was a ccj against you the plaintiff could in your absence applied for a warrant which would inevitably add costs to the original judgement but without an address to serve the warrant at?...well it probably won't be a course of action a plaintiff would want to take if there was no realistic chance of the money being recouped....