Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4066 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

it is unclear whether you are asking for advice -- or what the circumstances of this direct debit are.

is this from your thread.

you offered to re pay at £25 per month and they have taken 600+?

SAM:pLOWELL DETESTER.

SO PROUD OF MY AVATAR,THAT TOOK ME WEEKS TO WORK OUT HOW TO GET ONE.:lol:

PLZ CLICK MY SCALES IF YOU LIKE WHAT I SAY.

OR IF I HAVE HELPED IN ANY WAY.:smile:

Yes this is right, they refused my 25.00 offer and sent me a default notice this week. Then last night they took over 600.....making me overdrawn etc.

I check my direct debits everyday, maybe I need to change bank accounts.

what did the bank say this morning

SAM:pLOWELL DETESTER.

SO PROUD OF MY AVATAR,THAT TOOK ME WEEKS TO WORK OUT HOW TO GET ONE.:lol:

PLZ CLICK MY SCALES IF YOU LIKE WHAT I SAY.

OR IF I HAVE HELPED IN ANY WAY.:smile:

Yes this is right, they refused my 25.00 offer and sent me a default notice this week. Then last night they took over 600.....making me overdrawn etc.

I check my direct debits everyday, maybe I need to change bank accounts.

Yes, you absolutely need to change accounts, please do this before next months payday, because they will do this again regardless of whether the original direct debit has been cancelled. They just change the reference number and resubmit.

Please read through the thread below to see what you need to do.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/payday-loans/223352-more-payday-loan-help.html

Can't agree more. Change your account :)

The different ways that they deal with customers is rediculous. After a bit of hard bargaining, they have agreed to my terms. However as I have changed banks, maybe it's because it's the only way that they wil get their money. Plus I'm still not convinced they will stick to it!

Once they can't get at your funds they will have to consider negotiating. They tried the Direct Debit trick with me and even after this refused payment plan.

They sometimes then threaten with Meritforce who rarely seem that interested if you can't afford to repay back over short period of time.

A new account is a pain in the butt but the only way for peace of mind the day before your salary goes in;)

Thanks for the advice, can you recommend any good banks. I am currently with Natwest. Need a bank that does not mind bad credit history!

Thanks

Any bank will offer you a basic account - some are better than others, it depends on what you feel you need to get from your account. Do a Google search on "compare basic bank accounts", and you'll get a load of comparisons come up. If anyone asks you to pay to process your application, run away. I've noticed there's a few sites trying this [problem] at the minute.

Personally, I have a credit union current account - it's the only basic bank account I know that comes with a full Visa debit card (not that it makes much difference, IMO). You still don't get an overdraft, but can pay in wages, direct debits, standing orders....all the usual. Just do a search for "local credit unions"...you should find a site called ABCUL, which will let you serach for your local credit union.

Good luck.